Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    100%. It was already a LOT of monotonous Torghast, now it's a LOT of monotonous Torghast, longer.
    It was two runs, once a week. Get over yourselves, sheesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    If all you do is play solo... why do you need mythic raid level gear?
    Point to where i said that. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Point to where i said that. I'll wait.
    He literally quoted a poster he was talking to, and that poster wasn't you... Come on now wtf.

Solo casual player here.

Shadowlands is a love letter to patient, reasonable players who want to own their own time.

Y’all crazy if you think they hate us.

That change is being made because the best way to do torghast objectively was to be a solo tank or healer.
    They disagree that this should be this way, thus they are changing it.

Just a coincidence that it impacts "solo" players, but its not significant enough of a change that it would matter either way.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Any soloable mode is going to favor tanks, which is why many soloists play tanks. It’s perfectly fair for them to tune how far that favoring nature goes in Torghast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because doing torghast solo as tank and heal was a joke. Not to mention you play a mmo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Someone who knows nothing has an opinion. This is so internet it hurts.

Imagine not knowing how easy torghast is for healers and tanks. What a bubble that would be.

Solo players complain that roles which are specifically designed around group activities get nerfed.

Yep.

Only thing I've felt being annoying for solo players so far is the fact that getting half of the raid done with pugs is almost impossible and some classes need their optimal leggos from there.

I've spent over 40 wipes on Council Normal in order to get my Spriest leggo and I haven't been able to with groups that "know what to do".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying they should make raids easier or anything. However, if I'm being locked out of my leggo because pugs cannot beat said boss, my M+ prog is being impeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    You don't know how to count.

you have to climb as well

Don't care, still not going to carry anyone through. You can't make me bliz!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Solo casual player here.

Shadowlands is a love letter to patient, reasonable players who want to own their own time.

Y’all crazy if you think they hate us.
    I agree with that except when it comes to travelling around the zones. Which is a fucking ball ache. I've resorted to spirit healer transportation around Revendreth on more than one occasion.

I'd rather see some adjustments to help out certain DPS classes when it comes to Torghast versus increasing the difficulty for tanks/healers, especially if this change is targeted for the non-endless mode Torghast. Even as a tank or healer, you can be very power-dependent compared to other tanks/healers depending upon your class. Already seen a couple prot pally posts in this thread, and that class likely has the easiest/fastest clear times as a tank compared to the others just due to how the spec is designed and operates.

Some of the problem comes from the anima powers being designed around the class, not necessarily the spec. You do get some spec-specific ones, but they can be so generic that they're either weak depending upon which spec you play, or just worthless. As an example, druids can spec into a reflect damage build with powers/barkskin, but unless you're a bear you're just going to die quickly. You can also go into a roots-centric build, but ironically enough it has zero interaction with Mass Entanglement talent where it'd actually shine, and it's completely worthless on bosses and sometimes elites. In the end, the most useful throughput anima powers for druids are almost always the generic powers that everyone can get.

Hunters have kind of a similar issue, where so much of your anima power pool is utility where the content is scaled to expect damage output anima powers being stacked. I had one run on my hunter where I got the Eyes of the Beast anima power as an option 6 times in a row, and it's still so bad even at that level. Aside from a handful of decent anima powers available, most are bland or don't serve much of a purpose.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

They definitely don't hate solo players, they are just still trying to find the right mix of gameplay to keep solo players engaged. Shadowlands has more varied and cosmetic-awarding solo content than any expansion has ever launched with, and I am grateful for that. I do wish solo players had something to look forward to from the great vault, even if it maxes out somewhere in 185-207 ilvl. Solo players don't need mythic gear, full stop. But they need progression all the same.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    people will say they are required to spam it for anima for sockets because people love to pretend they are CE Mythic raiders when really they cant even function in a Mythic +5

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Blizzard has explicitly set out to remove all joy in the game if you chose to go solo.

OR

Soloing torghast as a healer or tank was too easy compared to dps specs (spoiler, it was, and still will be). This is not a vendetta against solo players and solo will still likely be the fastest if you play a tank or healer.
    Indeed, solo as a tank/healer is still going to be incredibly easy and often faster than doing Torghast in a group.

I tried a layer 5 on my resto shaman in a 5 man group this morning, besides one player constantly getting killed, we got to the last boss with 5 deaths remaining, only for the idiots in the group to get one shot multiple times by the boss. Ending up with a bricked instance and an hour+ of time wasted.

I immediately left the group, went in solo and cleared it in 25 minutes. Went on to do layer 6 straight after and did that in 30 minutes.

If Torghast was meant to be played by DPS only, they wouldn't have allowed tanks and healers to enter, lol.
    Anyway, who cares about this anyway, as a solo player the first grade legendary is enough for now.

I'm not happy about it since I don't like playing dps. I hope it won't be too severe and I'll be able to do it in my own pace instead of hearing "go go go!" over my shoulder all the time.