Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

40 fps is garbage for me

60 is the bare minimum I expect on PC - anything less than that isn't smooth for me
    There, I fixed that for you. Now if you don't mind letting other people decide for themselves, it would be lovely.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

40 fps is visually noticeable in a game, if I got 40 fps in a game - I would not play that game
    meanwhile up until last year I was raiding in WoW on my old computer that barely got to 20 fps in an empty field, let alone in a raid, and I was happy
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, game do demand more every year and so does players.
    Of Cyberpunk had looked like an 8 year old game it would have flopped.

The PS4 is an outdated system. Simple as that. It's not even the current gen of consoles and even a brand new console will always be behind a top PC.
    Then why did they release it on the PS4, or at least why did they not put a warning on the box that despite being released on the PS4 it shouldn't be played on the PS4? How come other devs are capable of putting out games on the PS4 that don't run like crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then why did they release it on the PS4, or at least why did they not put a warning on the box that despite being released on the PS4 it shouldn't be played on the PS4? How come other devs are capable of putting out games on the PS4 that don't run like crap?
    That's really the key point isn't it. The moment they decided to release it for last gen consoles they became responsible for the poor performances. The blame is totally justified.

You can - you'll struggle to find anyone who takes you seriously after saying that however
    isnt like that your whims achieve anything more xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

It it capped at 30, it dips well under 30, especially in the larger citiy.
    It doesn't dip well under 30. It had minor drops in Saint Denis(locked 30 fps everywhere else in the world which makes up 95% of the game) at launch that where cleaned up in a patch on week 1. Even with those minor drops it was no where near as bad as this, you are literally making a terrible comparison. RDR2 having occasional drops to 25 fps in one single area in the game, that makes up a small portion of the game is a far cry from steady drops to 15 fps during any driving or fire fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, game do demand more every year and so does players.
    Of Cyberpunk had looked like an 8 year old game it would have flopped.
    Explains all those other games that came out this year and didn't flop. Since apparently you have to "look like an 8 year old game" to not perform like dog shit. Great logic, not. Doom Eternal, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion etc etc somehow none of these guys got the memo. I would love for you to show me an 8 year old game that looks like any of these yet they have no trouble maintaining 30 fps on those same systems(60 in case of Doom).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-15 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    --snip--
    I wouldn't waste my time with him, seeing how his argument has been (plebs should get a new console/pc every 2 years).

After the CDPR Investor call today I don't get how anyone can defend them, but I guess fanboys are gonna fan.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-cont...nscript_en.pdf

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...12331132936192
    CD Projekt Red had a conference call few hours ago where they admit that they didn't spend enough time on the last-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and assume that Sony and Microsoft expected them to fix the problems before launch

On Cyberpunk 2077 refunds:
    CDPR makes it clear that they do not have a special agreement with Sony or Microsoft (some people assumed there was one because of that statement on Monday)
    They was under no presser to release CP2077 and yet they did with the current state its in. Also they have no deal in place to get refunds though Sony/MS so good luck with that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So I wonder how all those "I am going to pre-order the game because I know I am going to like it" people are feeling now.

Never. Pre-Order. Games.

Period.
    I mean, I'm feeling great thank for asking. Playing on PC all maxed, look and play great so far on my rig, and I really enjoy my time. Had 2-3 minor bugs, Bethesda kind of glitch like the T pose once, and a corpse sliding 8 meters away after I touched him. I realize thats not the experience of everybody, specially not console, but in my position with this pc, would pre-order all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time with him, seeing how his argument has been (plebs should get a new console/pc every 2 years).

After the CDPR Investor call today I don't get how anyone can defend them, but I guess fanboys are gonna fan.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...12331132936192

They was under no presser to release CP2077 and yet they did with the current state its in. Also they have no deal in place to get refunds though Sony/MS so good luck with that.
    that is just sad.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    that is just sad.
    Yep all of this happen because Adam Kiciński just said fuck it and released it. No pressure to and no deal in place with Sony/MS to provide refunds. Really showed the company's true colors and because of that the fans got fucked, Sony/MS got fucked and the developers got fucked.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So if I understand correctly, they more or less caved in to all the players that were bitching about all the delays?

This is one reason why the customer is not always right.

Yep all of this happen because Adam Kiciński just said fuck it and released it. No pressure to and no deal in place with Sony/MS to provide refunds. Really showed the company's true colors and because of that the fans got fucked, Sony/MS got fucked and the developers got fucked.
    Were they not under pressure though. I mean could they have delayed it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Based on the chat transcript nope they wasn't, He just wanted to release it so he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    So if I understand correctly, they more or less caved in to all the players that were bitching about all the delays?

This is one reason why the customer is not always right.
    Wasn't even due to the players, just wanted to release it.

Nope - it's pretty objectively true anything below 60 doesn't look smooth

I didn't say that's a bad thing or people are wrong to be satisfied with that - that would be deciding for them.

- - - Updated - - -

And there's nothing wrong with that - but do you believe that was the best experience you could have in a game? Clearly not
    "objectively" lol, no. People been playing well under 30 fps and considered that good for almost two decades and now you say its not enough.
    40fps is objectively smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    People would just get mad, same people that got upset for each delay. I hope they going forward hide the release date until....they are ready to "go gold." Cause I'm wondering if optimizing it on older consoles took much longer then expected.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Cause I'm wondering if optimizing it on older consoles took much longer then expected.
    Based on the chat transcript optimizing it for the older systems was a afterthought.

Its a long read but people should give it a look.

Based on the chat transcript optimizing it for the older systems was a afterthought.

Its a long read but people should give it a look.

They're still writing checks they can't cash. Dude literally said "by Feb there will be no crashes". Right now crashes are so often this gets the most obvious LA Noire "doubt" of all time.

They're still writing checks they can't cash. Dude literally said "by Feb there will be no crashes". Right now crashes are so often this gets the most obvious LA Noire "doubt" of all time.
    Yep.

He's not even hiding the greed and bullshit at this point, legit worse than EA.

Dude literally said "by Feb there will be no crashes".
    I feel like their successes and lack of big stumbles haven't hit their public comments until now...they really need to have the joint-CEO sit down for a week of media training before letting him speak publicly with investors again. He's just been a near nonstop foot-in-mouth machine between his comments on delays and launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I feel like their successes and lack of big stumbles haven't hit their public comments until now...they really need to have the joint-CEO sit down for a week of media training before letting him speak publicly with investors again. He's just been a near nonstop foot-in-mouth machine between his comments on delays and launch.
    Someone needs to step in because this isn't only burning bridges with fans, It actually has a chance of pissing off Sony and MS. Nether one of them wants to get dragged into the mess.