Thread: Ve'nari

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    She's helped us out a lot and anything we do for her, usually benefits us. Her and the other Brokers at odds and with us possibly going to BrokerLands in a patch leads me to believe we'll learn more of her in that patch and who sent her there, with the main Brokers being baddies of some sorts.

It's almost like she feels safer in the maw for the time being than being reachable by the other Brokers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You forgot the part where we beat him down to 10% first.
    oh i remember it.

but i remember him more one shotting us and nearly rezzing us, and him telling us all about his plan.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think she's our enemy though, or even in league with the Jailer.
    Like the Countess, she is not our enemy, but also not our friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Like the Countess, she is not our enemy, but also not our friend.
    Pretty much. Trust her only inasmuch as the status quo remains unchanged, and be on guard for betrayal or any real shift in said status quo.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't know that they can leave, per se; but they do seem to have some means of getting intel out of the Maw regardless via their devices and what have you. Being sent to the Maw as a Broker seems to be a death sentence in the form of an appointed task, more or less. As for the NPC's in Torghast that get rescued, it seems to just be shorthand for the Maw Walker giving them a way to leave via their connection to the Waystone (the same thing Jaina uses to teleport herself out and so forth). Ordinarily it wouldn't be possible, but the Maw Walker can bend the rules and give them a way out as well. The despawning/teleporting thing is just game mechanics as walking people all the way to the exit would be kind of onerous.
    I remember at the very start of the expansion some NPC mentioning that the Brokers can get in and out of the Maw, when he finds that we are Maw walkers.

On the topic, it's obvious that Ve'nari has some secret agenda, but I actually think that she is not the bad guy, but rather the other members/cartels of the Brokers. They seem shady as hell(or should I say shady as Maw?).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Not at all man. Yes it's a 2D skybox-esque. So far we have only used portals or teleportations to get into or out of Torghast. There are multiple portals throughout the maw that lead to Torghast.
    I was kinda expecting a similar grand entrance such as icc since it mirrors that one, but only a 2d cardbord .. damn I feel dissapointed...

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    oh i remember it.

but i remember him more one shotting us and nearly rezzing us, and him telling us all about his plan.
    I mostly remember going back years later and him failing to significantly hurt me, which just made the whole scene really silly.
    The ability doesn't have a Kill component, so if you can survive the damage you just stand around awkwardly waiting for him to become attackable again.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I remember at the very start of the expansion some NPC mentioning that the Brokers can get in and out of the Maw, when he finds that we are Maw walkers.

On the topic, it's obvious that Ve'nari has some secret agenda, but I actually think that she is not the bad guy, but rather the other members/cartels of the Brokers. They seem shady as hell(or should I say shady as Maw?).
    I don't think there is a "good" side in this. Only one that is more interested in profiting from our abilities than getting rid of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I mostly remember going back years later and him failing to significantly hurt me, which just made the whole scene really silly.
    The ability doesn't have a Kill component, so if you can survive the damage you just stand around awkwardly waiting for him to become attackable again.
    yee its only a damage component i believe. months of farming invincible during cataclysm taught me that.

AND YES.

IAM ONE OF THOSE LUCKY BASTARDS WHO GOT INVINCIBLE WITHIN 40 KILLS AFTER WOTLK.

yes, im bragging.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Well in Bwonsamdi does warn the players to keep their eyes on the brokers as they are up to something.

Seeing how the brokers love business I say they are probably making a move to fuck shit up in order to make great profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is a Dreadlord

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I should have looked up the name before posting. The title will be updated soon, thx
    Its a joke, as in game she is constantly teling us to not mention her to anyone and act as though she isnt even there. It's one of her rules

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Ven who? I don't know any Ven'ari...
    The only appropriate answer to this topic.
    Here is something to believe in!

I don't know that they can leave, per se; but they do seem to have some means of getting intel out of the Maw regardless via their devices and what have you. Being sent to the Maw as a Broker seems to be a death sentence in the form of an appointed task, more or less. As for the NPC's in Torghast that get rescued, it seems to just be shorthand for the Maw Walker giving them a way to leave via their connection to the Waystone (the same thing Jaina uses to teleport herself out and so forth). Ordinarily it wouldn't be possible, but the Maw Walker can bend the rules and give them a way out as well. The despawning/teleporting thing is just game mechanics as walking people all the way to the exit would be kind of onerous.
    Onerous how? From gameplay perspective those mobs are immortal as the only get stunned for a while when they get to 1 hp and then they come back to full HP. All the while doing more DPS than provided by some of the Anima Powers. From story perspective, any help would be welcome in a place as hostile as this from our perspective. And from their perspective, we're strong enough to brave Torghast, while also being their way out. As for them leaving, Jaina had to explicitly attune herself with our ultra special Maw Walking ass. Which means this is something that Blizzard, in a surprising and atypical twist of events, actually paid attention to. Yet they did nothing of the sort for the Covenant NPCs (plus they tend to get trapped over and over again as you run into the same NPCs repeatedly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Onerous how? From gameplay perspective those mobs are immortal as the only get stunned for a while when they get to 1 hp and then they come back to full HP. All the while doing more DPS than provided by some of the Anima Powers. From story perspective, any help would be welcome in a place as hostile as this from our perspective. And from their perspective, we're strong enough to brave Torghast, while also being their way out. As for them leaving, Jaina had to explicitly attune herself with our ultra special Maw Walking ass. Which means this is something that Blizzard, in a surprising and atypical twist of events, actually paid attention to. Yet they did nothing of the sort for the Covenant NPCs (plus they tend to get trapped over and over again as you run into the same NPCs repeatedly).
    Onerous in the sense that needing to walk them to an exit, or through the entire set of floors, would be time consuming. I've also never really noticed that had any kind of real exceptional DPS - they can be helpful, but they're definitely not making or breaking a run. Baine and Thrall can also leave Torghast through the aid of the Maw Walker - Baine walking right out via the Waystone well before Jaina attunes a teleportation spell to achieve the same end. Running into the same NPC's repeatedly is again just a gameplay mechanic, the same way as one can do the same World Quest over and over, etc. etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Honestly, with how overt they're being about her definitely being a suspicious traitor who we shouldn't trust I'm leaning more towards her actually being good and the rest of Cartel Ve being involved with something shady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Not at all.

She is all about her own self interests and right now ours just happen to align. If at some point in the future she ends up in a position where ratting us out saves her from the Jailer I wouldn't be surprised if she did it, but with she herself and everyone we meet telling us not to trust her(or at least just not to trust anyone we meet in the Maw) Blizzard is telegraphing the fact that she is either going to sacrifice herself for us at some point or at the very least be tortured or captured and refuse to give us up for long enough for us to rescue her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ve'nari
    Who? I've never met anyone named Ve'nari in the Maw.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Oh yes, I know who she is.

For real, it breaks my immersion. I can only hear Ana from Overwatch
    Really makes me want new voice actors, or at least more.
    Going thru SL I hear Ana every time I speak to Ve’nari. Also, I can’t think of specifics right now since I’m at work, but I hear Syndragosa, Professor Putricide, and the Iron Maidens all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    I've been speculating that the Brokers ARE Ethereals. They are ethereals that somehow ended up in the shadowlands and since time flows differently there they changed over time until they became something different from what they were.
    Or they are Ethereals that didn’t get blooped when their world blew up and this is what their actual appearance is before they became energy mummies

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Or they are Ethereals that didn’t get blooped when their world blew up and this is what their actual appearance is before they became energy mummies
    That would suggest that the whole mummy thing was just a change in dress code. I don't think that's quite the mark.