Poll: Which game was a bigger disappointment?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What game is a bigger disappointment, Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk 2077?

Both titles were ambitious games, but both had very rough or even poor launches. Both games had a lot of refunds after their releases. Both Cyberpunk and Fallout 76 also were very buggy and glitchy games at launch. While I think it's impossible to launch a game with 0 bugs, the state that the two games were/are in was quite poor. Finally, both studios have or had to face PR nightmares. Fallout 76 with the whole bag fiasco, CD Projekt Red trying to prevent refunds and prevent Sony from removing the game from the store.

You could argue that Cyberpunk 2077 does at least have a real story unlike Fallout 76, and a pretty good cast. But Cyberpunk 2077 was also hyped up even more, and because of how open Fallout 76's beta was, a lot of people sort of knew that the game would bomb out on launch.

So with all of this considered, which game do you think is a bigger dissapointment?

Only the heaviest of bethesda fans had any expectations at all for 76 so I don't think it was a disappointment for most.

Is Cyberpunk a fail? F76 failed in all aspects: Bugs, shitty gameplay and Bethesda money shop. Cyberpunk is a vit buggy on Consoles, but seems fine on PC. Not as great as hyped up, but It literally had to be a 11/10 to live up to the hype.

I would say 76 was bigger and it took a long time for it to be somewhat fixed.

Cyberpunk was pushed out massively too early for a money grab which has now backfired.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider I had zero expectations on CP77, which gave me 60+ hours of nothing but enjoyment, and I've never touched Fallout which I knew would be a flop.

Fallout
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Is Cyberpunk a fail? F76 failed in all aspects: Bugs, shitty gameplay and Bethesda money shop. Cyberpunk is a vit buggy on Consoles, but seems fine on PC. Not as great as hyped up, but It literally had to be a 11/10 to live up to the hype.
    This 100% - Cyberpunk was just overhyped. As a PC player, even the bugs aren't as bad as as they are made out to be. Sure, its not the greatest game of all time but its still pretty damn good. It's almost as if people forget how bug-ridden Witcher 3 was on release and now look at its following.

Yes one was a complete mess (Bethesda got bought out) the other is just bad on consoles I guess.. I haven't tried it out yet. I'm less forgiving about the bugs with Cyberpunk personally. In a time where everyone is "forced" into isolation (people can be reported and fined) this should be a time these gaming companies should be doing a proper job. So I am less tolerant of companies trying to make their stocks drop for obvious reasons. Now is not the time for your greed. Do things right. I don't doubt for one minute that a company that had the game in development that long, would not notice that it will have problems. I think they even admitted to it. I also heard the stock drop and how much it was broadcasted everywhere. It's not hard to put these things together and how it could be potentially intentional. Maybe some people don't want to, or can't invest in a high end PC and in all reality they shouldn't have to. This game was advertised on other platforms. Have some humanity.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-12-18 at 09:22 PM.

Cyberpunk 2077.

A lot of people like to pretend as if the main problem is that it runs poorly on consoles and is very buggy. They're major issues, yes - but the game's creators removed content and straight up lied about the inclusion of key features and the extent at which they would come into play. Right up until the game launched, in fact.

Cyberpunk has issues but its nowhere near the failure that F76 was.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Cyberpunk has issues but its nowhere near the failure that F76 was.
    The question isn't what was a failure though, it's what was a disappointment. Smart people had 0 expectations for 76 so it can't be a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who saw Cyberpunks future coming I got out my disappointment back in 2018 :P

a quote from me on the Cyberpunk thread back in 2018 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am just thinking if this game fails then the outrage is gonna be massive...

Or

The amount of hype has set peoples expectations so high, its a case that if a reviewers dares give it a 8/10 they'll be harassed with death threats. People are very protective of things they like.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post51300468

then 4 months before release
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this game.

Just dont be shocked if this game doesnt reach peoples expectations. We'll see though.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post52658026

As your future prophet I will not be taking any lottery predictions :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-18 at 10:07 PM.

How is Cyberpunk 2077 a disappointment? Is it a bad game? No. Does it have bugs? Many, but they will fix them. Stop with all this whining. Considering all the Covid BS and difficulties with developing and testing(WOW Shadowlands anyone????)... they made a very good game. And I am not even close of a fan...

I bet that the same people that are whining now were whining for months why devs are delaying the release... Grow up.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2020-12-18 at 10:05 PM.

76, has least CDPR didnt had the audacity to charge a fucking sub fee

3+ Year Old Account
    cyberpunk has issues but its nowhere close to be a faulire, thats just a trend to "hate" on it now

Fallout 76 was a bad game.

Cyberpunk is a game that was released too soon due to pressure, and will probably be an amazing game in a year. Although not on 8 year old consoles...kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077.

A lot of people like to pretend as if the main problem is that it runs poorly on consoles and is very buggy. They're major issues, yes - but the game's creators removed content and straight up lied about the inclusion of key features and the extent at which they would come into play. Right up until the game launched, in fact.
    76 had tons of claims like 16 times the resolution, a million bugs, hackers that could steal your shit by just coming up to you, the banning of the wrong people, promises of cosmetic only cash shop then going back on it, bag gate, helmet gate, adding an insane sub and other crazy shit I can't think of off hand. People just expect lies from Bethesda at this point while people hold CDPR to a higher standard:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Only the heaviest of bethesda fans had any expectations at all for 76 so I don't think it was a disappointment for most.
    My expectation was that it wouldnt exist, as prior to it's announcement everyone thought they would be working on TES6, not some shitty DayZ clone.

So yes, it was a major disappointment for many... Not necessarily in expectations from the game itself, but that development time was wasted on it to begin with when it could have and should have been spent on something people actually wanted.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Both equally. CP2077 should've been impeccable for how long and how much they hyped it up.
    I'm a thread killer.

How is No Man's Sky not an option?

That has to be the worst in recent years.

C77 I believe is the only game that Sony has ever taken off of the store and offered full refunds no questions asked. I think that deserves recognition.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh