Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can thank all the players who complained loot was raining from the sky along with Titanforging and Warforging needed to be gone. This is what happens when those people complain and the devs listen.
    This is what happens when you deal with fucking petulant children, who out of sheer spite that we dared to suggest we dislike them turning this game into more and more of a mobile game, reacted by flipping the table and taking their toys home with them; AKA Blizzard Devs.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged View Post
    My guild cleared normal last night, 2 pieces of loot dropped for the entire raid. 21 people, 7 bosses and 2 pieces of loot. I think they went a little far on it.
    thats actually not possible. 20 people will drop 3 pieces per boss. if you somehow didnt see that (which i kinda doubt) then something is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Titanforging needed to go, they didn't need to reduced the overall drop rate of loot in raids though in addition to removing TF.
    the only reason we got as many drops as we did was to make up for the randomness of the pieces themselves. we have know about this since blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Loot is rare again. This is a needed decision, if there is no TF available. Else you would be complaining in two weeks, that there is nothing for you to progress.
    I been raiding a long time, I was never completely geared in 2 weeks and retired til the next tier..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This is what happens when you deal with fucking petulant children, who out of sheer spite that we dared to suggest we dislike them turning this game into more and more of a mobile game, reacted by flipping the table and taking their toys home with them; AKA Blizzard Devs.
    "I got 4 pieces of gear instead of 5! I'm quitting WoW forever!!!!!" -not petulant children, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Just add the Heroic raid chest to the blizz store for real money.

That way the people who want gear fast can get it, and those who want it to be "slow and meaningful" can do it their way.
    people with money who want gear fast can buy boes. as close as its going to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can't possibly be serious.
    something i learned years ago - when you read something ridiculous on mmochamp, sopmebody meant it.

"I got 4 pieces of gear instead of 5! I'm quitting WoW forever!!!!!" -not petulant children, apparently
    Pathetic strawman, like always from Blizzard sycophants.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If an entire raid clearance of all bosses only drops 2 pieces of loot as the guy I quoted claimed, that is indeed unacceptable. And that guy was still called out by another poster as lying, because every boss apparently drops 3 pieces.
    I had a talk with a GM in Legion, because the timerun dragon in Karazhan didnt drop.

The way it apparently works is, you get X pieces loot/boss, (X is determined by RaidSize, I think it was 3 on 25 Players).
    First it chooses the X people who get loot. Then for each person it chooses the Item. Now, if you would have 3 Items, but you have 3 People who are not eligable for loot, (Because of ID when they killed the boss before), it can happen that the boss doesnt drop any item.

So, its without bugs entirely possible that you dont get a single drop in your raid, if you take several people with ID along.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people with money who want gear fast can buy boes. as close as its going to get.

I'm still gonna hold out hope that they will open up the blizz store to more things in the future. Would be very nice to buy gear without having to go through boosters.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They removed Titanforging, a system of loot that really shouldn't have been implemented in the first place and didn't really keep people playing longer so, you know... they were just forced to make loot stingy to compensate.
    Funny you say that all the expansions with forges had me playing every month until every expansion ending but you keep saying that lol! nodropslands not so much.I had fun in those as well not so much with nodropslands.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2020-12-20 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Pathetic strawman, like always from Blizzard sycophants.
    Yes, because any time anybody doesn't immediately call Blizzard a bunch of useless retards for every change they make to the game is a sycophant. That'd be petulant. And child-like.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    True about Naxx, but also I remember Naxx being shit talked week 1 because it was just a super nerfed version of the 40 man which you could clear with people in greens, that didn't go over well in Wrath. The first month of Wrath felt like the end of an expansion almost.

Completely untrue about Ulduar, however, although Ulduar is probably an anomaly/outlier because of how insanely good the achievements and hard modes were for that time. Achievement hunting was big in Wrath, I used to make gold doing the Les Rabi one on my shaman. That's like a 180 from how people play the game today.
    ToGC was released super early. Ulduar should have been left as the primary raid for at least another 2 months, but the fact is that no one was running it for gear. I can't even think of any trinkets in there that were that OP, everyone wanted the stacking primary stat ones from the twin Valkyr.

Yeah, folks still ran it for fun, but if you were gearing up you skipped it entirely and just hit ToC along with other dungeons to get badges to buy the base 10 man tier gear so that as you progressed into ToGC you could get the tokens to upgrade it, not to mention at least one trinket slot, a BiS piece that you juggled into your tier set and so on. Meanwhile ToC had weapons and non-tier pieces to fill out the balance.

Ulduar being so short was a travesty, but then again I also think the "Frostmourne Halls" of Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection should have just been a single large raid.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Have fun, and don't forget to pre-order the next expansion too.
    Yep, also watch all the people who laughed at Diablo Immortal go play and pay for it...

Quote Originally Posted by stutt- View Post
    Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.
    Wait a sec... hold up...

YOU GET ANIMA ALSO?!?!

:P

I don't mind it too much because we get the welfare epic on Tuesday but ya... having a raiding with x people and only a few pieces drop can get really taxing. My Ret Paladin has the exact same 2h weapon from his 1st Heroic I did when I had the ilvl because nothing is dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    did you joined the game recently like in mop/wod? it's one of the best decision they've made in a while
    also, it's either that or titanforge, they can't have both
    >one of the best decision they've made in a while

The entire raid should be completely decked out in gear from the current raid before the next one releases. And i don't mean 1 ID before. You should get some time out of your gear before you replace it. Ideally, everyone would be kitted out 3 to 4 weeks before the next raid releases. With the current amount of drops, that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That sounds bugged. Really? Bosses not dropping loot at all?

And 7 bosses? How is that a "clear"? The place has 10 bosses
    It wouldnt be, but people never fuck up typing on their phones when they wake up in the morning... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    The entire raid should be completely decked out in gear from the current raid before the next one releases. And i don't mean 1 ID before. You should get some time out of your gear before you replace it. Ideally, everyone would be kitted out 3 to 4 weeks before the next raid releases. With the current amount of drops, that's not going to happen.
    This wasn't the case since Legion, when they shortened the gaps between raid tiers / patches, and upped the difficulty of mythic. Unless we're talking heroic. But even with bonus rolls and mission table caches it took me around 2 months to fully deck an alt in heroic raid gear in legion.

We had people during Nyalotha going back to EP to farm trinkets.

It's common for the last boss of mythic to be significantly nerfed only 3-4 resets before the whole raid tier gets obsoleted, and there's usually only 300-500 guilds worldwide killing that boss before that nerf sweep. Which means, many people will barely kill the end boss on mythic, not even dreaming about having enough time to farm loot / mounts / any other stuff from it.

And then there are raid tiers like Tomb of Sargeras or Crucible of Storms that have even lower kill count than your average raid tier.

Also since Legion it's pretty common you'll have m+ gear in 80%+ of your slots to even have a chance to kill X raid boss with your average mythic guild, and after that, you're only killing it for the achievement, world rank and personal satisfaction - because definitely not for loot. Unless it's one of the few bosses that drop OP trinkets. It's also pretty common that only some classes can benefit from said OP trinkets and the rest have to farm pvp for the badges (trinkets with clicky stat buff).

I have a friend who was complaining m+ doesn't drop enough loot. I asked him: so how many pieces do you wear that are from m+ atm? Out of 15 gear slots, he had 12 items from m+....

Obviously the most lucrative thing is pvp (how else) and you only stand a chance if your spec is good and you have capable arena partners who also happen to play classes that synergize with yours... Another friend asked why does his warrior do so little dps in comparison to top logs. Oh look, top logs guy has 233 weapon. From pvp. Pve'rs can't even access such a high weapon this early, nobody even killed last 2 bosses on mythic that are only sources of similar drop. Now imagine you have that 233-weaponed warrior jump on you in pvp. Balanced and fair.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-12-20 at 11:55 PM.

So a M+ drops one item for 5 people, and a 20m raid drops 2 items. If my math is correct, someone is either dumb or wants people to farm M+ for gear .... or both....

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the hyperbole, but in this circumstance it's such a silly thing to do. The drop from 5 pieces to 3 is significant, and it was supposed to be. The purpose of the change is to slow the rate of loot progression, and people disagreeing with this after *years* of it not being the case are not "petulant children," it's just that the change is jarring.

- - - Updated - - -

"My anecdotal experience is shared by other random people, therefore it's completely reasonable to assume 100% of all players share my anecdotal experience."

Yep.
    Which would be a fair point if there was not, objectively, less loot available.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Matsumotto View Post
    So a M+ drops one item for 5 people, and a 20m raid drops 2 items. If my math is correct, someone is either dumb or wants people to farm M+ for gear .... or both....
    M+ drops 2 items per 5 people per run (if done in time). 20 man raid drops 3 items per boss.

Farming m+ for gear was already a thing since they did away with class raid sets (and set bonuses), it was always faster to gear your character like that especially since it's easier to armor-stack an m+ (4 or 5 people of the same armor type) than a full raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I can understand the hyperbole, but in this circumstance it's such a silly thing to do. The drop from 5 pieces to 3 is significant, and it was supposed to be. The purpose of the change is to slow the rate of loot progression, and people disagreeing with this after *years* of it not being the case are not "petulant children," it's just that the change is jarring.
    I didn't call anybody a petulant child. I made fun of the dude I quoted for labeling anybody who doesn't agree with his opinion as such. There's a fair bit of irony in somebody labeling anybody who disagrees with them as such as this is often the behavior of actual petulant children.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Which would be a fair point if there was not, objectively, less loot available.
    Right but nobody is interested in discussing why the change was made in this thread. They just want to blame Blizzard for their shitty RNG and complain that everything was better before things were changed. And I get it, that's human nature. But it isn't a very productive use of time.