Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out the Armadillo mod for clothing may be a bit OP. If you are specced into crafting, find a recipe, make as many as you can, equip whatever armor has the most mod slots and profit. I just found one, and playing on the hardest difficulty now I'm starting to look closer into mods and consumables. This thing gives me more than 60 armor, that's more than most clothing items. And I haven't even done the heist on this character yet. Consider most legendary clothing items have four slots, and this wasn't even an epic or legendary armadillo mod...

Might be nothing. I'll bet the game has an armor cap like Skyrim. But if it doesn't, you stack enough of these things and you might have enemy damage round down to zero, depending on how damage is calculated. I'll do some testing, but I'm not dipping into crafting until I get all the body and reflex perks I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Don't worry about that. It does not have an impact, and yeah they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I never had any interactions with them after the netrunning scene with Maman Brigette or however you spell her name. At least, not in any of the two endings I managed to get. The Voodoo Boys storyline pretty much ends there, at least your deal with them does.
    Cool, then I can just keep going. Thanks
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's ridiculous I have to use a mod to rebind keys on a major PC game. Rarely have I played a game where I felt the UI was this slapdash.
    I'm a web developer so I don't understand much about game development but it's pretty weird to me why such a simple feature is disabled.

If it's as simple as fiddling with a config file manually then I can only see it as pure disregard on their part.

If on the other hand they have some technical issue attached to changing keybinds then it's still pretty unforgivable in my understanding for a game of this scale.

Its not disabled, I just loaded up game and changed almost all keybinds with no issue and they worked. Not sure what this person is on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It was in 2018 I think they released a video about it. Noting that although the game will be in first person that you will have tons of opportunities to see your character in the world via reflections like any person would which was supposed to make it more immersive and natural. Which would have been cool... perhaps one day they'll do it.

Also I am absolutely floored by the utter lack of AI. That has to be the largest sin in this game, where is the fuck AI.
    I'm not sure if everyone's experienced it, but I'm pretty sure the AI is meant to be of 'differing competency'. Like, most bad guys I encounter are trash, and just sit behind the nearest cover, shoot at me, and usually wait to die. However, there's other baddies that will flank me and stuff like that. I had one group of guys in some encounter that had an elevated position on two fields around me, and shifted their base of fire above me as I tried to go after them. I also saw a guy use a cart, or overturned gurney as cover, and move it with them as a shield.

Turns out the Armadillo mod for clothing may be a bit OP. If you are specced into crafting, find a recipe, make as many as you can, equip whatever armor has the most mod slots and profit. I just found one, and playing on the hardest difficulty now I'm starting to look closer into mods and consumables. This thing gives me more than 60 armor, that's more than most clothing items. And I haven't even done the heist on this character yet. Consider most legendary clothing items have four slots, and this wasn't even an epic or legendary armadillo mod...

Might be nothing. I'll bet the game has an armor cap like Skyrim. But if it doesn't, you stack enough of these things and you might have enemy damage round down to zero, depending on how damage is calculated. I'll do some testing, but I'm not dipping into crafting until I get all the body and reflex perks I want.
    You can stack them and there doesn’t seem to be an armor cap. I have most of my armor mod slots with epic level armadillo mods in them and my armor rating is in the thousands. I take little or no damage from almost all enemies in the game. Pretty much the only time I ever have to watch my health is if I go on a murder rampage and get a 5 star wanted level and the entire NCPD comes down on my head with their maxed out, heavy duty officers.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    Its not disabled, I just loaded up game and changed almost all keybinds with no issue and they worked. Not sure what this person is on about.
    Literally, have to change the config file in order to rebind F, Fencers explicitly mentioned this.
    "BuT yOu CaN rEbInD aLmOsT aLl KeYs"

This children is called bad faith argumentation.

Turns out the Armadillo mod for clothing may be a bit OP.
    It is a way to essentially invalidate gear progression for a while, since the primary benefit of non crafted clothing is armour you can basically slap it in a purple drop and forget about that slot for 10 levels.

So what's the deal with the Wanted Meter then? I've seen a few complaints about it, but after three playthroughs I have yet to have a problem. Only time I ever got a bounty was when I accidentally clip a pedestrian in my car, most of the time I can drive away. It's not like any quests get you in trouble with the law. It's not like a GTA game where cops are integral part of the story, it's just an in-universe way to stop you from going on a rampage, like desynchronization from Assassin's Creed. My only complaint about it: It feels a little odd that when V starts hurting innocents, cops drop by and stop it instantly, yet when a gang starts terrorizing an area, someone has to pay V to stop it and the police are either dead or not even there.
    Because it's a joke
    I'm not sure where you're getting that the police aren't integral to the story when you play a street criminal, subcontracting for street criminals and the police and there is a side arc involving the police and the street kid intro is directly impacted by the police.
    And of course, the quests can't get you in trouble with the police, because there is no driver ai to let them chase you so if you ever got 'heat' you'd just be fighting police that endless spawned directly behind you till the end of time.

You can't point a broken system that was clearly supposed to be better not being used and infer from that it was never supposed to be used.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I really like it, but I'm still holding out till I can try it on PS5 to call it my game of the year, though. Any word on when we can expect them to stay in stock?? Like, casually pick one up from Wal-Mart in person with no reserve levels of in-stock?
    Possibly sooner than expected, now that certain countries and companies as well are trying to block scalpers using bots and also canceling orders placed by them. Walmart itself found a ton of orders that got in their system by bots thru their website and canceled all of them.

So, it turns out the most powerful weapon I have come across is a dildo club. This is pretty silly as if the game wasn't easy already and enemies brain dead. Jeez Louise...

NSFW

10+ Year Old Account
    Well alrighty then... tahts some insane deeps
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you find that @Fencers?

So, it turns out the most powerful weapon I have come across is a dildo club. This is pretty silly as if the game wasn't easy already and enemies brain dead. Jeez Louise...

NSFW
    At least the bugs are funny lol

10+ Year Old Account

NSFW

[url=https://ibb.co/WfMcx6H][img]https://i.ibb.co/PgP5mNr/chain-lightning-dildo.jpg[/l]
    "Non-Lethal"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Because it's a joke
    I'm not sure where you're getting that the police aren't integral to the story when you play a street criminal, subcontracting for street criminals and the police and there is a side arc involving the police and the street kid intro is directly impacted by the police.
    And of course, the quests can't get you in trouble with the police, because there is no driver ai to let them chase you so if you ever got 'heat' you'd just be fighting police that endless spawned directly behind you till the end of time.

You can't point a broken system that was clearly supposed to be better not being used and infer from that it was never supposed to be used.
    It's part of the setting though. Night City is supposed to be all but lawless. It's even mentioned several times that the Corpos leave the streets to the gangs, and when they need something done on the street level they hire one gang to take care of another. The police are just one faction among many, and even corpo private soldiers sort of outrank them in the grand scheme of things. The only reason police have to step in is if they are bought out just like any other gang (As seen in the street kid intro) or if something becomes an obvious public menace, that's why they are most often seen at gang shootouts or cyberpsycho attacks...or when V goes cyberpsycho himself should the player decide to start massacring civilians. There is even a side gig where you are hired to intimidate someone called 'the last good honest cop in Night City', a gig paid for BY THE POLICE because they don't wanna see their friend get hurt. The only thing that would make the crime mechanics more lore-friendly is if they had a bounty system like RDR2, with solo bounty hunters hunting down V as their bounty got too high. But still, the fact that they are they purely to stop the player from going cyberpsycho fits. They aren't going to stop a merc from mercing.

It's part of the setting though. Night City is supposed to be all but lawless. It's even mentioned several times that the Corpos leave the streets to the gangs, and when they need something done on the street level they hire one gang to take care of another. The police are just one faction among many, and even corpo private soldiers sort of outrank them in the grand scheme of things. The only reason police have to step in is if they are bought out just like any other gang (As seen in the street kid intro) or if something becomes an obvious public menace, that's why they are most often seen at gang shootouts or cyberpsycho attacks...or when V goes cyberpsycho himself should the player decide to start massacring civilians. There is even a side gig where you are hired to intimidate someone called 'the last good honest cop in Night City', a gig paid for BY THE POLICE because they don't wanna see their friend get hurt. The only thing that would make the crime mechanics more lore-friendly is if they had a bounty system like RDR2, with solo bounty hunters hunting down V as their bounty got too high. But still, the fact that they are they purely to stop the player from going cyberpsycho fits. They aren't going to stop a merc from mercing.
    Dude... They spawn behind you when you're not looking and you can drive away and not be chased. How is that part of the setting. How on earth could you possibly justify that? Seriously, it wouldn't kill you to admit they got it wrong you know

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Where did you find that @Fencers?
    I had sex with the woman from Miltech in a seedy motel.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "Non-Lethal"
    You can kill people with it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had sex with the woman from Miltech in a seedy motel.

You can kill people with it.
    You mean Meridith Stout? She didn't give me anything >:|

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I read before you have to be a male corpo V who makes some specific choices. Don't quote me on that though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    You can stack them and there doesn’t seem to be an armor cap. I have most of my armor mod slots with epic level armadillo mods in them and my armor rating is in the thousands. I take little or no damage from almost all enemies in the game. Pretty much the only time I ever have to watch my health is if I go on a murder rampage and get a 5 star wanted level and the entire NCPD comes down on my head with their maxed out, heavy duty officers.
    You wouldn't happen to know where to get the higher-level crafting recipes, would you? It's hard remembering what stores sell what items. I'm mixed on how I feel about that...On one hand it sucks to have to go to every store in the city looking for particular items, on the other it's delightfully old school and realistic, I've honestly contemplated getting pen and paper to write down some stores and their items for later.

It was just sitting on the bed in the room. I saw it before I talked to her but could not pick it up until after the cutscene. V is female in my game.

It's ridiculous I have to use a mod to rebind keys on a major PC game. Rarely have I played a game where I felt the UI was this slapdash.
    A little taste and some empathy now for what us disable gamers have to go through with so many games. I have to use mods but mostly third party software on most games. I can use a basic controller but kb/m is actually much easier for me.