Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Man, The Lost Vikings was awesome for its time. When I saw them in HOTS, I didn't even know that it was made by old Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the beep, beeeeep, beeeep! That's what I remember!
    Ah, sorry, the sound card was not part of motherboard back in those days!
    Haha I believe the first OPL game music I listened to on repeat, after getting my first AdLib soundcard, was Dune II and Wing Commander II's soundtrack!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I had to alt+tab to Thottbot for almost every quest only to find out I have to take another 15 minute travel to the place I just killed 15 raptors to kill their mother. And have to kill at least 15 raptors again.

I remember the Druid quest to obtain the Seal form. The form itself was... Icredibly useless in most aspects, but... I felt incredibly satisfied the first time I got those two medallions, put them together and finally turned into my final form... It was tedious, long, harsh and straight up cruel (You had to swim off the edge of the shore, into the abyss, with fatigue, to a sunken ship on a tiny 'cliff,' and get your item before you drowned.)

Some might call it rose tinted goggles, since I didn't play Classic, but I miss those types of quests. I miss learning about my druid forms as I get them, having to communicate with the animal spirits. Obtaining the totems as a shaman, learning ress as a paladin.

I wish they'd go the same route as Final Fantasy 14 when it comes to class quests. Give each class their own, universal story line, in a neutral setting / NPC, with a new story-driven quest every 5 or 10 levels. You don't even have to tie spells to them, just give them cosmetics for your spells, since Blizzard has obviously given up on glyphs, a new venue for some spell cosmetics would be great, and it'd fit.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I always have this question.

In beta or early version, is it true that high level characters cannot attack low level characters ?

The classic server is not what I remember.
    Not true, some of my earliest memories in beta as an undead was getting ganked by ??? level gnomes and nelves that had taken a trip to Brill to gank lowbies. They couldn't attack unless I attacked first though, which I obviously did, knowing nothing of the game at the time.

The fear of gnome mages haunts me to this day.

Another early memory was the entire population of Kalimdor disappearing for a few hours. All NPCs and mobs that is, me and the other players were left running around.

I guess that also fits into the theme of the thread of how old I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to use Thottbott is standout to me, that website was a god send haha. Although some people were really helpful back in the day.

i remeber World of Warcraft

i dont evne know what we have todayu

When I had to farm soul shards for 30 minutes to be able to hang on a full raid night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    When servers felt like small neighborhoods. You'd actually get familiar with the people on that server and was able to connect with people much easier. Miss those days a lot.

When you had to spam general and trade chat for hours to get people for dungeons. Don't miss that at all.
    This statement is funny.
    Cause actually the Blizz' answer to the second point is probably what killed the first.

im so old,

i remember having 4 trinket slots and being able to cross faction chat in stv

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so old, I was already an adult when Blizzard released Lost Vikings.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am so old I remember when WoW had SOUL.

I'm so old, i remember

People not shitting on content spacing (which is the much more true term for TiMeGaTiNg) 24/7 or those same people thinking that MAU's are the term for time played engagement (which it's not).

1. This is an MMO. Its purpose is holding players for long periods of time, unlike single player games which you could finish in 1 (really long) sitting if you wanted to. That is why you need content spacing in MMOs. It simply is NOT meant to be played for a week, but rather for years. An expansion takes 3 to 5 years to develop (starting with brainstorming for ideas). Of course it's not meant to be played in 1 sitting.

2. MAU stands for MONTHLY Active Users.
    It doesnt matter if you log into wow (or rather any Blizzard games) once a month for 5 minutes or daily for 5 hours. You as a player will be counted as ONE MAU.

I remember when you could loot other players kills.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember being called "The Wandering Thottbott" because I managed to remember every quest I encountered and my guildies always asked me if there was something they couldn't find.
    Lost all that knowledge when Cata came out and reset the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    getting punted ALLLLLLL the way across the world during the quest chain trying to get the Breastplate of Chromatic Flight
    That was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    When people pretended there was a community because it would take 4 hours in chat to put together a group for a dungeon; only to waste half your Saturday off from work putting together a group, going to the dungeon and having a person "Oh I forgot I have to eat dinner" then leaving the group. Then you got to go back to town for another hour to look for a replacement. There was no better sense of friendship and community than spending hours sitting in Ironforge looking to put together a group instead of playing the game.
    Preach it. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The game was so young that you didn't have a ''things used to be better'' mentality as you didn't have any expansions to look back at.
    On launch day there were people in General Chats all over the place reminiscing about things that were in beta at some point that didn't make it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Farming a bag of shards outside burning steppes before every raid just so people would take forever to accept the healthstone trade or click the portal. I’m sure mages can relate.
    Oh hell yes. And wanting to smack the people who would repeatedly fidget around or otherwise break an attempt at opening a portal. "I spent a shard for that?!?"

The quest to get the key for Blackrock Depths. You actually had to die and be on a corpse run to pick up the quest.

I remember when they changed the arrow for Hunter's Mark. I remember when it would take so long to fly from Darnassus to Gadgetzan you'd either afk out or get logged out the character select screen. I remember having to stop at every flightmaster on your way somewhere to get on the next one, and then when they changed it so you could fly straight somewhere, hearing the little noise as the money would leave as you passed each one and not know what it was.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I remember when pala had to manually buff 40 people in a raid with 5 minutes buffs after every pull in molten core
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I remember that it had master loot.
    And it sucked.

It just gave morons the slightest taste of power over others and naturally most instantly got hooked on it, with predictable consequences.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    i remeber World of Warcraft

i dont evne know what we have todayu
    I'm so old I've played every version of World of Warcraft, and what we have today is definitely in the top 3 of those versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I tamed my first pet after completing the Hunter questline at level 10.... and I didn't realize I needed to feed it, so an hour or more later it abandoned me. Never to be seen again.