Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

They were SO CLOSE to nailing it...

And somehow they came up with covenants. Why? Just give us soulbinds as a skill tree and let us do whatever we want. It's not like more than 2% of the playerbase are roleplaying about these new "friends" and pledging their services. Weird. I'm pretty sure no one gives a fuck about that one butterfly (I think there are 3 actually) in the Night Fae zone.

I love the expansion so far anyways, but it would be honestly better if it simply didn't exist at all. They wasted time and resources into it. They shouldn't have, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Puthred; 2020-12-28 at 03:28 AM.

if people suddenly couldn't complain, nobody would ever post anything here

Personally, I'm enjoying the covenant system overall.

It provides a progression system for all players at max level, even those who aren't too bothered about raiding or mythics. It offers nice abilities, and ties together some of the systems they tried in previous expansions - the command table, the proposed path of the titans that was eventually scrapped before it even hit release. The soulbinds provide more playstyle customisation than the artifact weapons did without directly providing players with an overload of active abilities.

In a way, it also ties into Torghast, in terms of storyline (rescuing souls that would have been damned) and gameplay (souls which we can use to progress our covenant further).

There's also the possibility that they can expand the covenant system beyond 40 levels in the future, opening up further progression.

It's by no means a perfect system, but it offers a solid way to tie some of the content together.

another.. "I hate covenants therefore they shouldn't exist" thread.. cool.
    I guess it's better than the Torghast is too easy/too hard threads.. no wait.. it isn't.

Some people like semi meaningful choices within the game.. shocker I know.

You really be typing one thing and then typing another thing. Are you fighting yourself here or do you have a made-up problem about the expansion?
    Literally you haven't given any reasoning. You just be like ope i love this expansion but it's better if they didn't add it ???? lmao what.

People don't care about these soulbinds, and people roleplay with these npcs but you just want soulbinds?? are you okay.

Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post

Working as intended.
    As long as there is some place somewhere were Paladins have reason to use Necrolords, it actually is. Making every Covenant equally strong for everything is impossible and Blizzard knows that, so it wasn't a goal in the first place.

I am disappointed that all my active characters are night fae :/

I could be others but... the sims!
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

As a hunter you get the meaningful choice between the night fae artillery strike or a wet vampire fart that does less single target damage than the orbital bombardment and if you want to pvp you go kyrian - there is no choice.
    It baffles me people defend covenants, what is good about them? The single story mission each week, the callings just pointing to boring world quests or the mission table? Guess BFA lowered the bar quite a bit.

Covenants are great, actually.

The abilities should just have been made into another talent row though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Conduits not changing w/ spec is another blunder as well. (unless they do and I haven't seen how to make that work?)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    They wasted time and resources into it. They shouldn't have, in my opinion.
    An RPG game adding stuff that includes Story and World building is a waste? Perhaps Fortnite would be a better game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Conduits not changing w/ spec is another blunder as well. (unless they do and I haven't seen how to make that work?)
    That would've been nice for sure.

At least now, you can have a different soulbind for different specs. It will remember which souldbind you have active for each spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    The soulbinds do, so it’s weird the conduits don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The soulbinds do, so it’s weird the conduits don’t.
    Yeah it's like they stopped half way at making multi specs less of a pain, just strange.

Blizzard are and will always be idiots. For a game people keep complaining about lack of stuff to do, they purposely keep locking away swathes of content. How about not making it covenants, but factions with their own niches which makes them relevant and with their unique storylines? Less smart people cant envision outside what we currently have, but no one would complain if thats what we go. In fact, people would likely praise the amount of content we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Blizzard are and will always be idiots. For a game people keep complaining about lack of stuff to do, they purposely keep locking away swathes of content. How about not making it covenants, but factions with their own niches which makes them relevant and with their unique storylines? Less smart people cant envision outside what we currently have, but no one would complain if thats what we go. In fact, people would likely praise the amount of content we got.
    What?
    Also; covenants as a whole: Yay
    Balancing: big sad and a no from me dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    What?
    Also; covenants as a whole: Yay
    Balancing: big sad and a no from me dawg
    Read it again if you didn't understand.

Conduit slots shouldn't be locked to specific conduit types (potency, endurance, and finesse). It forces you into very specific paths down the soulbinds with no room for customization at all. Instead, make it so we have a limit of 2 of any type, but allow us to slot them anywhere on the soulbind tree. This way, you could have 2 potency conduits for dps but still experiment with different soulbind paths. It would also allow more flexibility in who you actually soulbind with (Pelagos vs Kleia comes to mind here).

This feels very much like Path of the Titans was finally realized and slid in under someone's nose. But since it is not a Garrison, or another Legion Invasion... I am perfectly ok with it.
    Last edited by OMGTwitchTV; 2021-01-04 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Correct a spelling error.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi