Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What? No it wasn't. Talk about moving the goalposts.

The post of mine you replied to was someone suggesting that +20 artifacts were somehow the domain of whales. That's what you started engaging me about. Not something about how fast you can get a character up to max level. Then you went on to talk about how people with "big numbers" are whales.

If you had said, "Whales get things faster!" I would have said no shit, because that's exactly what resin refreshes are for.
    He responded to someone who who asked how people are doing so much damage. Tbf, I made an assumption that he was talking about guys on youtube, most of whom are whales and probably also what yunru assumed too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because certain people keep using it as an excuse for everything instead of taking advice or listening to people. Every time the topic of performance or artifacts or something comes up people just reply with, "You must be a whale!" or "Only whales can do that!" when it's usually nothing more than "just focus your resin expenditures better".
    Except in this case it was accurate, unless that guy was talking about how his friends do more damage than him or something and not guys you see on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could Spiral Abyss please reset so I can get my cocogoat primogems please?

Kthx

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    How does it not make sense? i've killed the weekly bosses a fuckton of times at this point and i've only gotten 2 of the upgrade mats for keqing (idr the name of it). What if someone spent the ones they got on Childe and Diona? You're just drawing up calculations with assumption that someone would just have these mats through good luck or they just didn't use them yet, both of which are not good assumptions to make.
    Then they wait for another 3 weeks (or whatever number you want to come up with) and use them on Hu Tao,
    what's your point?
    That due to a 1% probability "of never getting that particular upgrade material due to RNG", it's not a fair assumption to make that people use limited ressources on limited characters?
    You have to spend these ressources at some point.... can't stay 6/6/6 on every single one of them.
    You will gain them (much more frequently than prototypes) and they won't go away just because you build 100 characters to 6/6/6 instead of one to 8/8/8.

When was Childe released?

1.1 in November?
    6-7 weeks?

I can upgrade 6 talents of different characters to 8 with this already.
    there is like 1 character coming out every month and most of the time, you won't even get that character. So 1 character every 2 months on average most likely for most players.
    So you have 8 weekly resets to get 2-4 talent upgrade materials (1 Talent to 8 = 2 items) when a boss drops 2-3 a week.

So roughly 20 x a 33% chance to get the item material you want.

Even more attempts if you can't get your hands on certain characters or don't plan on using them.
    Even more attempts if these characters don't share their upgrade materials.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-29 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the area definitely asks you to run a Pyro character.

There's a lot of little hidden potential warming sources that people might overlook, too. We all mostly see the big braziers to light, but there are also several little piles of sticks that you can turn into a campfire as well, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Mondstat rep level 8 and working on 7 in Liuye.

Should be 2 more weeks and the rep system is done?
    if you aren't already lvl 7 then it will take you 3 weeks to get lvl 8 done with, since it's impossible to get the 520 needed for 7>8 in two resets from where you're at sadly.
    Last edited by rogoth; 2020-12-29 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    if you aren't already lvl 7 then it will take you 3 weeks to get lvl 8 done with, since it's impossible to get the 520 needed for 7>8 in two resets from where you're at sadly.
    Why would 520 be impossible in two resets? You can consistently get 420 rep in a week (three 100 point Bounties and three 40 point Requests).

10+ Year Old Account
    New respawned relic on 24h cd:

Things are about to get hot.

Tried Abyss today:
    Floor 9: 8 stars
    Floor 10: 7 stars

200 primos

I dont think i can do better than this for now.
    Negleted my Diluc in the middle of my Genshin Impact adventure...so i geared him in a rush in past couple days just for Abyss.
    Good enough damage for this floors with his ass being carried by my Xingqiu with infinite Burst (240% Energy Recharge and Sac Sword)
    So he was always melting and pulled his weight.

2 days for reset and more 200 primos :3

I swear to god, if Venti does a full 180 for no reason to shoot his Q at a mob that's nowhere near the group I'm actually facing I'm going to actually throw him into the sun.
    I'm so glad I'm done with the electro domain (at least for now). What a cancer domain. My klee's skills hit who I actually wanted maybe 1/100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Tried Abyss today:
    Floor 9: 8 stars
    Floor 10: 7 stars

200 primos

I dont think i can do better than this for now.
    Negleted my Diluc in the middle of my Genshin Impact adventure...so i geared him in a rush in past couple days just for Abyss.
    Good enough damage for this floors with his ass being carried by my Xingqiu with infinite Burst (240% Energy Recharge and Sac Sword)
    So he was always melting and pulled his weight.

2 days for reset and more 200 primos :3
    Wait, floors 9+ in the spire reset? How often? I've been ignoring the spire
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They reset every two weeks, I believe. Or approximately, like maybe 15 days if not 14? Probably 14 though.

They give half as many primogems as earlier floors (50 gems per 3 stars on a floor) but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    They reset every two weeks, I believe. Or approximately, like maybe 15 days if not 14? Probably 14 though.

They give half as many primogems as earlier floors (50 gems per 3 stars on a floor) but yeah.
    Got ya. I'd need to really improve then for it to be worthwhile. So far, I seem to only be able to really get 1 good team going.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Zhongli gunna be quite strong and geo in general is gunna be insane come 1.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Every 14 days 9-12 reset. 3 stars = primogems

You probaly missed quite a lot of them, but its pain in ass for free to play.

How soon should I start working on the spire? Just hit adventure lvl 40 yesterday and working on getting my guys and weapons to 80 one at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Looks like Zhongli is getting his banner rerun again very soon due to all the changes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...february_2021/

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Zhongli gunna be quite strong and geo in general is gunna be insane come 1.3
    Im in love with Crescent Pike Zhong daddy...i dont think i will ever go "support build" on him.
    People say he is weak as fock...but mine hits quite hard and pulls his weight

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...un_burst_spam/

Video of my floor 10 Albedo + Zhongli combo (UwU) i love them, the energy Albedo brings to the table is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    How soon should I start working on the spire? Just hit adventure lvl 40 yesterday and working on getting my guys and weapons to 80 one at a time.
    There's no reason not to get started now. Just keep working through it and don't stress out if you can't full clear now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im in love with Crescent Pike Zhong daddy...i dont think i will ever go "support build" on him.
    People say he is weak as fock...but mine hits quite hard and pulls his weight
    I'm really hoping for good luck on the jade spear or a return for it in a weapon banner. Bunch of new spear characters coming and that spear is op. But so is crescent pike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Looks like Zhongli is getting his banner rerun again very soon due to all the changes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...february_2021/
    I still wont roll on him tho.

You ever have the Cicin mages just seem to bug out and keep spamming blink over and over?

I swear mobs do this to me sometimes. Andrius will just keep backdashing over and over, Cicin mages will keep blinking rapidly in sequence for no reason, Whopperflowers will just keep popping up and down over and over while doing nothing.

It's generally no big deal as the enemies aren't actually doing anything the entire time, but it's just frustrating. Especially when - as you mentioned - you're already having issues getting your stupid catalyst user to actually aim.
    Hm no, can't say I've encountered that specific bug. I've had one bug with the cicin mages specifically where it would do that "ultimate" mechanic but wouldn't chase me and just run straight across in a line and then it went back to full health. Yea I just left the domain. Waste of my time.

I've had another bug (can't remember who I was fighting or which domain) but I used diona's ult and the mob moved away and her ult went through the wall and literally just disappeared. This game has so many weird bugs.