Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i mean i did a few dungeons pretty early and while it looked like tanks were taking big hits on pull it wasnt awful to heal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Ulduar TW isn't tuned for 158 gear, it's tuned for ilvl 200 as that's what it drops...

So of course you're going have a harder time
    You have zero understanding of how Timewalking works

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Ulduar TW isn't tuned for 158 gear, it's tuned for ilvl 200 as that's what it drops...

So of course you're going have a harder time
    The gear from TW dungeons drops 158 gear while the TW Ulduar raid drops 200. The group I was in had a high item level who were gearing out a couple of their friends. My item level before the raid was over was 187 and shit 1 shot me more than once. We had 2 tanks who were in a few pieces mythic CN gear and the rest heroic CN gear and they were getting 1 shot on shit too. How exactly is someone supposed to survive getting hit by an add during a boss fight that does 5400 dmg when you only have 3800 HP? The part I was talking about on dungeons was in reference to my DK who was 182 doing regular TW dungeons and had to pop defensives otherwise I would have died on trash. I wasn't doing the dungeon for the 158 gear it dropped, I was doing it for the 200 reward for doing 5 as were the bunk of the people I saw doing them who were 60. All 171-184 item level geared players strugging to run a dungeon that drops 158 gear...

And BTW TW Ulduar isn't tuned for a group to be in 200 gear because that's what drops in there. Blizzard doesn't tune dungeons or raids based on the highest item level of gear that drops in there. They tune it based on the highest item level of gear BEFORE the raid/dungeon comes out. Its why the Zul dungeons that were previously raids had a higher item level requirement and dropped higher item level gear too since they were mid xpac places.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-12-30 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The gear from TW dungeons drops 158 gear while the TW Ulduar raid drops 200. The group I was in had a high item level who were gearing out a couple of their friends. My item level before the raid was over was 187 and shit 1 shot me more than once. We had 2 tanks who were in a few pieces mythic CN gear and the rest heroic CN gear and they were getting 1 shot on shit too. How exactly is someone supposed to survive getting hit by an add during a boss fight that does 5400 dmg when you only have 3800 HP? The part I was talking about on dungeons was in reference to my DK who was 182 doing regular TW dungeons and had to pop defensives otherwise I would have died on trash. I wasn't doing the dungeon for the 158 gear it dropped, I was doing it for the 200 reward for doing 5 as were the bunk of the people I saw doing them who were 60. All 171-184 item level geared players strugging to run a dungeon that drops 158 gear...

And BTW TW Ulduar isn't tuned for a group to be in 200 gear because that's what drops in there. Blizzard doesn't tune dungeons or raids based on the highest item level of gear that drops in there. They tune it based on the highest item level of gear BEFORE the raid/dungeon comes out. Its why the Zul dungeons that were previously raids had a higher item level requirement and dropped higher item level gear too since they were mid xpac places.
    You do realise item level doesn't matter right? Since it gets scaled down? I know.. shocker..

Like I tried to explain a couple posts ago, Blizzard doesn't tune TW around player gear. It doesn't matter if your ilvl is 50 or 500000000000000000 because you're scaled to 35 in every slot. Only thing that matters is having special crap on your gear, like sockets, enchants, legendary effects that haven't been disabled like the MoP dps cloaks, and most importantly, all your traits and essences from Heart of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, no they were not.
    They were.... wotlk dungeons especially heroics were a gather up and AOE fest back in the day. you’re thinking of cataclysm when everything killed you just by looking at you

People not knowing that their ilvl is scaled down to a fixed ilvl made by blizzard.. golden!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

you could have ilvl 2000 gear; it's meaningless in Timewalking because your gear gets scaled down! you've had multiple people explain this to you, how the fuck are you still not getting it?

Yeah, had a feeling it wasn't going to be tuned well. And then I saw it was a 200 ilvl cache and decided nope. It's a cache once a month, and by it's return we'll be able to get the full covenant set. Maybe it'll be worth it to do it on alts later on to fill in missing pieces?
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you could have ilvl 2000 gear; it's meaningless in Timewalking because your gear gets scaled down! you've had multiple people explain this to you, how the fuck are you still not getting it?
    Maybe you wanna re-read this thread and get a notepad for names or a stringboard or something.

How exactly is someone supposed to survive getting hit by an add during a boss fight that does 5400 dmg when you only have 3800 HP?
    I'm sorry if this is obvious, but might I suggest not getting hit by the add in the first place?
    The guardians spawn in very predictable places that can be spotted long before they become active.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 182 item level DK was having to pop defensive cooldowns on trash.
    Oh no, using defense cd's on a tank, how dare you blizz. Also your ilvl doesnt matter since you get downscaled.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Maybe you wanna re-read this thread and get a notepad for names or a stringboard or something.
    You might want to try it as well.. OP Keeps boasting about itemlevel, when it's absolutely meaningless.. selective reading at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Another thing they don't care about.

But lets make sure freaking pet battles work well because that is most relevant content!

Such a shame, TW has always been my favorite event but I only do BG, TW and mythic ones anyway. Other weekly events are related to content that should have been removed. (Well skirmish is kinda meh neutral but could do without)
    Since they havent done anything to pet battle for ages now its not that wierd that its working better, while they have done a ton of changes to levels, spells, gear and classes.

Tanked a few last night as blood. Blood is definitely squishy but there should be no problem pulling it a pack at a time, and moving onto the next one at 30% hp to keep it moving. Just can't grab 7 packs like we could by icc. Died once cause I caught a fear into 2 more packs at end of UP while lichborne was on cd.

This wasn't nearly this bad (maybe after hotfix). Some larger trash packs with silencing or stunning mechanics did require a cool down here and there. Bosses died in 15-20 seconds, we never even see their mechanics. I felt it was almost perfect (besides the bosses falling over). The trek through the dungeon and killing trash took some time as it should.

Sorry - I'm talking about dungeons, if this was about the raid I did not try it yet.
    Last edited by slime; 2020-12-30 at 01:41 PM.

LMAO people talking about Wrath dungeons being hard as if it weren't wrath babies who cried about Cataclysm dungeons being too hard, getting them nerfed and making most dungeons post-Cata too easy and boring.

Then again, I guess we call them wrath-teens now or something, huh?

Wrath dungeons were not hard even at beginning. Oculus was maybe hardest because you had to explain it every freaking time.

ICC ones were slightly but mostly due people not doing mechanics, after you figure simple things they are not hard.

Most TBC dungeons were neither. Only shattered halls, steamvault and shadow labyrinth but not hard mechanicly. Just some mobs hit like truck.

Cata launch was fun but then they ruined it. Grim batol made so many cry but rest were not really that bad if only there was one in group who interrupted or cc.

Of course when you are undergreared and get one shot by mechanics in expansion start you might consider it hard but once people got "intended gear level" it really wasn't.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-30 at 01:40 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Wrath dungeons were not hard even at beginning.
    Define "hard". Loken was the most dangerous mob in the game in December 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Define "hard". Loken was the most dangerous mob in the game in December 2008.
    He wasn't hard. People just did not want to los nova/aura whatever was that thing and stood still.

"Hey I am doing long cast which will likely do a lot damage so you better move"
    "i gotta deepz"

I actually loved him since it actually was boss where people had to move and in earlier stages at start stay grouped but I am weirdo because I like mechanics that involve whole group.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-30 at 02:05 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.