Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Two questions about the Great Vault

Hi all,

1) Do I have to reclear CN HC if I want Sire loot?

2) Can Challenger PvP gear be upgraded any further if my CR rises?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand it, you get loot based on the content you cleared, clearing lfr gives rewards at ilvl of lfr. So i guess if you want HC ilvl rewards, you have to actually kill bosses in HC. However, I don't know how the loot choices are made, if the items take from the whole loot table or only the cleared content.

Clearing LFR gives you nothing because LFR doesn't count towards the vault as m0 doesn't count towards the vault or unrated PVP doesn't count towards the vault.

1) If you want Denathrius loot you need to at least kill stone legion to unlock the higher ilvl which is stone legion and Denathrius loot. HC Denathrius you need to kill stone legion on HC.

2) PVP upgrade is tied to your rating. If you get challenger gear from the vault you can upgrade it later if you get the appropriate rating.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Clearing LFR gives you nothing because LFR doesn't count towards the vault as m0 doesn't count towards the vault or unrated PVP doesn't count towards the vault.
    This is wrong. My main has only done LFR the past two weeks and able to open the first vault requiring 3 bosses. You get iLvL 187 gear. This is because they are dungeon bosses. Your Mythic 0 example is correct because the vault says Mythic+. Just like the PvP requirement says "Ranked PvP".

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    1) If you want Denathrius loot you need to at least kill stone legion to unlock the higher ilvl which is stone legion and Denathrius loot. HC Denathrius you need to kill stone legion on HC.
    They have said that in order to unlock the last two bosses as loot chances you have to kill them specifically. Killing other bosses won't trigger it. Once you have killed them at least once then their options can always spawn.

To be clear: I am curved. Does this mean I can just do the first 3 bosses and have a chance at 220 loot?

Damn, I didnt take my Challenger piece bc I was not sure if it can be further upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    To be clear: I am curved. Does this mean I can just do the first 3 bosses and have a chance at 220 loot?

Damn, I didnt take my Challenger piece bc I was not sure if it can be further upgraded
    Yes. Though the system actually works per boss, so to get Stone Legion HC loot, you need to have killed Stone Legion HC at some point. Just killing Denathrius won't make them available.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Yes. You don't have to kill SL or SD every week to get a chance at their 220 loot. If you kill them once, their loot table becomes available to your GV regardless if you have killed them this week or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    what you are doesn't matter, what you did the past week does.

If for some reason you did normal/lfr the last week, you wont get 220 items out of the vault because you did that the week before.
    so being curved doesn't matter, what matters is what you cleared during that lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post

If for some reason you did normal/lfr the last week, you wont get 220 items out of the vault because you did that the week before.
    so being curved doesn't matter, what matters is what you cleared during that lockout.
    Yes. But I think the OP was asking whether they need to reclear SL/SN in order to get their loot table. Which isn't true.

Not true. If you kill heroic full clear 2 weeks ago, but only kill 3 bosses this week, your loot from this week can still include the last bosses. If you've only ever killed 3 early bosses, you will never see loot from the last bosses.

Actually, it does. If you have curve, but only did the first 3 HC last week, you're still eligigible for Denathrius loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the ilvl would be of the cleared content, OP did not specify what content he's clearing, i'm only trying to say that, for example, you cleared normal this week instead of HC, your curve does not matter, as the ilvl of the loot in the vault is based on what you did the last week.

but the ilvl would be of the cleared content, OP did not specify what content he's clearing, i'm only trying to say that, for example, you cleared normal this week instead of HC, your curve does not matter, as the ilvl of the loot in the vault is based on what you did the last week.
    It still matters because you cannot get loot from bosses you never killed at all, even if you kill the first boss 10 times. That you didn't clear HC last week doesn't mean that you didn't do HC last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It still matters because you cannot get loot from bosses you never killed at all, even if you kill the first boss 10 times. That you didn't clear HC last week doesn't mean that you didn't do HC last week.
    Not what I'm saying, but whatever, shoot the guy trying to answer a part of a question, thanks.

The advantage of taking Conquest gear from the Vault is that you can upgrade it just by reaching the 1600/1800 ratings (which do not take much skill or time in a well formed RBG group) and so, between that and carefully filling slots with the rolling Conquest cap, you can fill out a character in 213/220 loot with relative ease. Of course, getting in to those groups gets harder every week, so try to find a Community for it that are also trying to do that on alts.

Unsurprisingly, deterministic loot is the better choice for those of us with limited time and maximum skillzzzzz.

Not what I'm saying, but whatever, shoot the guy trying to answer a part of a question, thanks.
    You're really just making things more confusing, though. You're not actually helping anybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're really just making things more confusing, though. You're not actually helping anybody.
    How is it confusing.

it's simple: in my first post i said :
    You get loot based on the content you cleared, clearing lfr gives rewards at ilvl of lfr. So i guess if you want HC ilvl rewards, you have to actually kill bosses in HC. However, I don't know how the loot choices are made, if the items take from the whole loot table or only the cleared content.

I specifically said that I did not know about how the loot table works, which was answered by someone else later on.

Not my fault that comprehensive reading isn't taught at school anymore.

How is it confusing.

it's simple: in my first post i said :
    You get loot based on the content you cleared, clearing lfr gives rewards at ilvl of lfr. So i guess if you want HC ilvl rewards, you have to actually kill bosses in HC. However, I don't know how the loot choices are made, if the items take from the whole loot table or only the cleared content.

I specifically said that I did not know about how the loot table works, which was answered by someone else later on.

Not my fault that comprehensive reading isn't taught at school anymore.
    Incorrect. You said

This is not true. Weeks prior to the last one do affect raid rewards from the Vault.

You're also incorrect about clears being relevant. Number of bosses killed on a certain difficulty is what the game counts, not clears.

The information, as presented by you in your first post, neither says what you claim it does, nor does it present any new insights beyond what the game interface already tells you and ignores some of the out-of-game information we got from the devs.

Had you written your new version first, you would be correct, but also not posting anything of relevance, nor anything that hasn't already been posted before. As it is, you simply posted incorrect and misleading information. This is not an issue of reading comprehension, it's an issue with your writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally copied my own first post, so don't say it's incorrect.

and the part about the 220 is correct as I tested it myself, the first week of the raid, we did normal, and i got normal appropriate gear in vault, the week after we didn't raid with the guild, so i did lfr, and got 187 gear in vault, so it does look at what you did the past week, and not what i did before, which you are implying.

I was the second answer to the post, there was no relevant answer before me, so just stop twisting my words.