Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    CNN saying today Voting in dekalb county is bigger than nov 3rd's. that is encouraging.

edit - overall voting in dekalb might be equal to general election. Dems are in play.

edit2 - 72k less votes in fulton county. but it's a special so it would be lower, just gotta hope it's lower across the board to even it out. Dekalb is still good.
    But I thought Georgia was a Red Mirage - meaning the GOP would see early leads and then they would diminish as early votes are counted.

So they start counting mail in's after like they did with the general?

edit - no I guess they changed it to be ready to count today unlike the general, so should be a quicker process then 4 days. might know in only 2 days this time instead lol.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-01-06 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But I thought Georgia was a Red Mirage - meaning the GOP would see early leads and then they would diminish as early votes are counted.
    Don't torture yourself. Wait until Thursday early in the morning. They may have changed the order in which they count ballots. Or maybe one democrat won 70%-30% and the other won 66%-33%. Check one time tomorrow evening just in case it's already all over. But that is not likely.

So for Senate, everyone votes on both senators right? Pretty sure that's how it works. Mostly everyone says that the biggest issue they voted on was who controls the senate, so how are there any ballots where the votes don't match for both races? How is it possible one Democratic senator is doing better than the other? Who are the insane people who split their vote for senators?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So for Senate, everyone votes on both senators right? Pretty sure that's how it works. Mostly everyone says that the biggest issue they voted on was who controls the senate, so how are there any ballots where the votes don't match for both races? How is it possible one Democratic senator is doing better than the other? Who are the insane people who split their vote for senators?
    Yes. Normally those are staggered in states (not sure in NC), but the full state votes on each Senator as they each represent the whole state.

As for the difference...maybe some folks didn't vote for both races (lots of uninformed/misinformed folks) or they believed that splitting the ticket was a good idea for some reason.

Trying to make sense of all of this is...not advised. This was a comment on the NYT liveblog from the AP -

A.P. surveys get at the dissonance of the G.O.P. message: Most voters say Senate control is important, but if you believe Trump’s false claims that he won, the Senate isn’t up for grabs.
    Which kinda highlights how batshit insane a lot of this is, especially on the GOP side of things.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So they start counting mail in's after like they did with the general?

edit - no I guess they changed it to be ready to count today unlike the general, so should be a quicker process then 4 days. might know in only 2 days this time instead lol.
    Yeah - they are coming in differently this time around. Blue is up atm in both races, but that just can't be right.

Yeah - they are coming in differently this time around. Blue is up atm in both races, but that just can't be right.

I think this gif might be older than some of the site users at this point.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2021-01-06 at 01:02 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s only 20% reporting... it will swing... I mean... stop the count!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Predictions? Dem sweep, why? 2000 dollar checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Predictions? Dem sweep, why? 2000 dollar checks.
    Guess the GOP can thank Trump for that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence just thanked him by shutting down his hopes of stealing the election tomorrow.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    McConnell honestly deserves it. He had an easy win, he could have passed the 2k checks and probably held on, but nope. He got too arrogant. Plus he pissed off the Trump base and is learning just where those voters are.

The Georgia results seem to show the Trump voters are staying home for this one. Plus who the hell would believe either of those ghouls they ran would vote for 2k dollars after their scandals and being against it before? Plus, Biden, wisely I might add, FINALLY said "Yeah, give me these senators and we are doing 2k checks". Given Pelosi actually passed a flat straight up bill and McConnell fucked around, the quickest path to 2k more dollars in the bank is flipping those seats.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

McConnell honestly deserves it. He had an easy win, he could have passed the 2k checks and probably held on, but nope. He got too arrogant. Plus he pissed off the Trump base and is learning just where those voters are.

The Georgia results seem to show the Trump voters are staying home for this one. Plus who the hell would believe either of those ghouls they ran would vote for 2k dollars after their scandals and being against it before? Plus, Biden, wisely I might add, FINALLY said "Yeah, give me these senators and we are doing 2k checks". Given Pelosi actually passed a flat straight up bill and McConnell fucked around, the quickest path to 2k more dollars in the bank is flipping those seats.
    Going to be funny when Trumps plan to shit on the GOP results in the democratic run house and senate impeaching a second time to prevent him ever holding office again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too arrogant? How about... he can’t afford to do it, because he knows that Biden’s tax hike on the rich hinges on the massive deficit as a result of Trump’s liberal spending towards conservative causes.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to be funny when Trumps plan to shit on the GOP results in the democratic run house and senate impeaching a second time to prevent him ever holding office again.
    He is already splitting the party in two... basically, everything GOP and their sycophants said would happen to DNC after Trump’s win, is happening to GOP because of Trump’s ego.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, I think what the public wants is two thousand dollar checks and the quickest you can get those in peoples hands the better off the Dems will be. The Dems will basically have one hundred days to do anything. If the next 100 days are nothing but wall to wall Trump crap that the public is generally sick of, during the worst economic downturn, that won't be rewarded in 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    37% in... uhm... holly shit... I won’t spoil it... I want you guys to have the same reaction:

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/re...s_election_crm

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    37% in... uhm... holly shit... I won’t spoil it... I want you guys to have the same reaction:

This just can't be right. I'm watching these update every few minutes. WTF is going on....

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, I think what the public wants is two thousand dollar checks and the quickest you can get those in peoples hands the better off the Dems will be. The Dems will basically have one hundred days to do anything. If the next 100 days are nothing but wall to wall Trump crap that the public is generally sick of, during the worst economic downturn, that won't be rewarded in 2022.
    I think the fact that democrats get shit for Iraq war, means that if they don’t go after Trump, GOP and they simps will blame democrats for all of Trump’s deeds for the next several decades. Democrats can walk and chew at the same time... Trump is going down...

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the early counts in completed counties showing Perdue and Loeffler generally underperforming compared to the general election.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    still blue lead in both seats . is lead growing or flip-flopping more or less ?