Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Maybe they aren't using hard earn cash, but their stimulus checks.
    They earned that stimulus check by being born in 'murica.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

So this article https://www.wowhead.com/news=320341/...ubject-to-bans

Showed up on wowhead recently and it seems like a person who used a WoW 3 account for boost spamm got that account banned due to a new rule.

You are no longer allowed to have a wow account that's only for spamming.
    This just makes it so you can't create an account to spam advertise; You can still create an account that solely boosts people. So really... very few people will actually be effected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Oh look another boosting community admin found a way how to screw boosters over with gold payouts making up a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Oh look another boosting community admin found a way how to screw boosters over with gold payouts making up a story.
    This could also be true, seems like it was a big fish. Just "fake" a ban and you are good.

There's nothing wrong with buying or selling boosts, as long as it doesn't impact other people. If all you do is organize runs and have people pay for slots to get carried, I see absolutely no problem.

HOWEVER if you then spam the LFG tool with advertisements or make trade/general chat unusable for other people because it's a scrolling wall of ad spam, then we have a problem - because of the advertisement, not because of the activity that's advertised.

EDIT: I'm talking runs for gold, of course; RMT is and always should be condemned and punished most severely.

Well the spam is out of hand. I don't care if they don't get banned or not as long as the spam stops.

Can even make a boosting dedicated channel and only have those interested there, not all over trade (which I eventually left) and lfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    You can't buy my love for you.
    we just havent found the right price

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There are no limits on what you can buy in the real world. If you make the cash and can pay it, you can buy it, just like the AH.
    That's what I was thinking initially but there are some things that are not inherently illegal (such as narcotics, machine guns, etc) but that you cannot buy legally. Organs and babies are the two things I came up with but there may be more.

(Not to take away from the point that what you quoted was a silly argument.)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Maybe they aren't using hard earn cash, but their stimulus checks.
    Wonderful comment, it made me laugh. Wish I got a stimulus check, either my wife spent it before I saw it or we made too much to qualify.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    100,000,000 gold is a lot of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Damn,its amusing how butthurt people get when others make way more gold than them,it would be funny if it wasnt so sad
    Yes, because this is totaly about the gold, and not the fact that they spam trade chat to the point it becomes useless. can't even use it to recruit anymore

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Yes, because this is totaly about the gold, and not the fact that they spam trade chat to the point it becomes useless. can't even use it to recruit anymore
    I completly understand the spam issue,but whats a more reasonable solution?to BAN people that use ingame gold services in a capitalistic fucking civlization,or to just make a boost/advertisement section in the lfg tool? but hey....small indie company i guess,its easier to fire 800 people and just use an automated system

Good riddance. The guy in the ticket acting all innocent

So the way around the rule is to do a dungeon then spam all day?
    Or is it do 2 dungeons then you can spam all day?
    Or is it 3?
    There will be a minimum that players will figure out and that's just what they'll do to get around it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Good riddance. The guy in the ticket acting all innocent
    You can actually read the whole thing on Reddit, and how people call him out for it.

Pretty entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like a person who used a WoW 3 account for boost spam got that account banned due to a new rule.

My Google-Fu has failed me, but I could have sworn when the policy was initially introduced, there was a Blue forum post saying that creating level 1s on multiple servers just for advertising was against the policy back then. (2017? 2018?) That you had to use a character that actually was doing the content you were boosting for.

Anyone else remember this? A link would be great.

Hey.

So this article https://www.wowhead.com/news=320341/...ubject-to-bans

Showed up on wowhead recently and it seems like a person who used a WoW 3 account for boost spamm got that account banned due to a new rule.

Your title is misleading. Boost spam isn't getting punished. You can still advertise in chat and everywhere and sell boosts. What you can't do is make a special account that is only there to advertise (ie 2 WoW's open with one advertising while playing on the other).

If you do normal WoW activities then you are fine and can still do the "Boost spam", however, if your account is only for spamming channels or as another post in that one mentioned just doing banking / auction house stuff it can still be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Sitting on AH and playing it, or herbing and crafting things, only to use your hard earned cash on boosts is something I will never respect. You may say their gold, their choice, but nah, there should be limits, just like in the real world, on what you can buy.
    Lol?

People who buy boosts do not play with AH or crafting. They play with Blizzard tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Your title is misleading. Boost spam isn't getting punished.
    ok, sorry, you have my permission to change it to whatever you find more appropriate

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

A new, unannounced rule change just cost me over 100m gold

Very sad story, bro...

Anyway, good to see Blizzard making good decisions.
    I will keep reporting ANY kind of advertisement for boosts even if it is only for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    So the way around the rule is to do a dungeon then spam all day?
    Or is it do 2 dungeons then you can spam all day?
    Or is it 3?
    There will be a minimum that players will figure out and that's just what they'll do to get around it.
    Really easy to solve: Any advertisement spammed must also be completed on said character of said account. Advertise mythic raid boost? Well, did said character run mythic raid that reset? No? Account banned. Advertise for m+15 carries? Did the character run said keys? No, max key complete +5? Account banned.

"oh but my internets broke so I couldn't" "dog ate the PC" No excuses, no reversals, indefinite bans.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-01-07 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.