Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    You know if you just want the item and don't care about the " official " version you can get rather high quality knock offs. I know a few Chinese sites simply use the same molds and produce sets are a fraction of the price. While Lego isn't my thing a buddy has a squadron of tie fighters and a star destroyer (fairly large would guess it's about 5000 pieces) and played about 120 bucks for it give or take in American.
    I've used knock-offs before and there's a reason they're knock-offs. I have not had good experiences with them, at all. The only exception is Mega-blocks, but they're not knock-offs really, they're just as pricey as LEGO, they're just an alternate LEGO-like creator.

There's a reason LEGO (and Mega-bloks) sets are as expensive as they are. The quality control, consistency and precision of each and every piece is an engineering accomplishment. The pieces from sets you bought 20 years ago will work with and fit snuggly and securely on pieces from sets you buy tomorrow.

The same cannot be said for the knock-offs. In all of the sets I tried (3-4), the pieces were not consistent, one set I couldn't even complete because the pieces didn't fit together right and on one of the sets it literally flew apart on it's own halfway through because the pieces fit TOO snuggly and the tension caused the pieces to eventually pop out of all the connections.

If you're at all serious about the sets and having them last, not to mention even be able to be put together, do not buy knock-offs. The risk of getting a set you simply can't even use is just WAY too high in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I never ever liked tese predetermined pieces, sets.
    My mom used to buy them to me One pack a month when my dad would get his salary.
    Eventually, I had many parts that I could build huge custom castles with all kind of contraptions (I would include paper craft or other stuff as well)
    and would have epic wars.

Or build custom robots with moving joints that can transform into different machines.

What is that castle? you did it and what? what else can you make?

that being said, if I could put all those lego parts from all those sets on a floor, damn that would be awesome. The things I would create with them would be mindblowing!
    you can use it for whatever your imagination lets you use it for. or combine it with other sets for something cool.

You know if you just want the item and don't care about the " official " version you can get rather high quality knock offs. I know a few Chinese sites simply use the same molds and produce sets are a fraction of the price. While Lego isn't my thing a buddy has a squadron of tie fighters and a star destroyer (fairly large would guess it's about 5000 pieces) and played about 120 bucks for it give or take in American.
    i would never buy a knock off version of lego. also 400$ for 6020 pieces is actually not a bad deal when you add it up. that's like 6 cents a lego if my math is right. compared to other sets the price per lego is actually pretty good. looking at you 55 pieces for 10$ set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not sure the OP is saying they'd pay $600, just that they're willing to use their $600 stimulus check on the set.

Still, like everyone else said, the pandemic has fucked up a lot of things. I can't get my soda anymore due to an aluminum can shortage. Paper products are frequently in short supply. Simple things I've ordered for shipping are regularly delayed. It's just the nature of the disruption.
    yeah my question is more like why would it say the earliest date is feburuary 10th? is that just a guess? is that some sort of electronic queue?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2021-01-07 at 09:33 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Why would you spend 600$ on an item from a company founded by thieves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can always demolish your older *meh* sets and build it out of those parts. Color may not end up the same, but it will still have a same look. Only problem are special blocks so you would have to work araund them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why would you spend 600$ on an item from a company founded by thieves?
    elaborate on this. also it's 400$ not 600$. lastly what i spend my money on is my own concern.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    elaborate on this. also it's 400$ not 600$. lastly what i spend my money on is my own concern.
    The founder of Lego saw some Kiddicraft "lego" bricks(not called lego but the style) and copied em. The Kiddicraft guy commited suicide a few years later without ever knowing about lego then decades later Lego bought the rights for the bricks for like less than 100k from the new owners of the company I think after Lego tried to sue someone else using the brick design that they had stolen and failed.