Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    The whole idea was that Torghast should of been an challange, when all i see is nerfs upon nerfs..

I get that there are people out there who can only press 1 button and maybe 2 when they feel like it, and want to experience Torghast to. But can't they just stick to layer 1? I really like it when i whiped a few times, 2 weeks back with that floor boss that had anti-cc stacking. Now its just faceroll from beginning to end...

Is this really the results of years of whining bad players wanting ''equality'' at the cost of those who seek challange in mmo's? And not to start an elistist thread number 2312
    here we go again. someone with an opinion he wants to sell as fact as the game SHOULD be...
    There is already challenging endgame, torghast is a feature used by everyone. The mandatory soul ash farm should not be some tryhard stuff, just a rather quick and fun chore for the week. To most people it is NOT fun to cc and solo pull mobs etc. Most people are casual and don't minmax/play their char to the full potential etc etc.
    That being said, torghast never was challenging imho. It just was slow. CCing mobs and playing careful is not a challenge...
    Also when playing beta most players agreed that the first versions were the most fun...where you just stacked powers and went completely ham. It wasnt really hard, it just was fun to build up and blast through.
    With twisting corridors we got something like that, for many people the last stages also will be pretty challenging.

Don't want faceroll content? Raid mythic. Push keys. Or push arena even though some would argue that the bursty pvp can be pretty faceroll too atm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    source please.

and go clear twisting corridors. here is your challenge.
    Just play a fotm class, it's easy as piss.

Or go with a group and, again, it's pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "it needs to be clear-able for these people on day 1" I have zero doubt I could poop on any number of the people posting these sorts of things in DPS charts and yet I couldn't even clear torghast layer 1 "day 1" despite day one actually coming after I had spent time clearing campaign and world quest content for relatively respectable gear because of some RNG / terrible tuning BS. how do I know it was RNG / terrible tuning BS? because while I wiped over and over without getting the boss down below ~5-20% the first run, the second run he never got me below 80% and I still had 4 orbs (all of them) that could heal me for 25% health each untouched when I was done. speaking of said 25% hp anima power -- on my 3rd run I had that anima power fail to activate despite selecting it and had some stamina buff that was supposed to grant something substantial give a measly 1k. I've not been back since.

- - - Updated - - -

source please.

+ it is a challenge for a lot of people, since you noticed all the complaints and demands for nerf, it must be challenging for some.... maybe you play a spec that breeze thru it,
    it blows my mind how may times I see someone post "my hunter didn't have a problem" entirely unironically as if they have no idea how easy hunters have it compared to virtually everything else.

Unlike even raiding they made it core "this will be fun!" content to sell the expansion and it turns out that a substantial portion of their customers find it frustrating and too difficult. People are cancelling subs and blaming Torgast difficulty and frustration as the reason.

So as usual with new content, enjoy it while it's hard if that's your thing because everything gets nerfed over time and Blizzard always caves into shining whether it's from raiders or casuals lol.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Unlike even raiding they made it core "this will be fun!" content to sell the expansion and it turns out that a substantial portion of their customers find it frustrating and too difficult. People are cancelling subs and blaming Torgast difficulty and frustration as the reason.

So as usual with new content, enjoy it while it's hard if that's your thing because everything gets nerfed over time and Blizzard always caves into shining whether it's from raiders or casuals lol.
    Yea sad but true i guess..

source please.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...gon-interview/

´´Ion also explains that the tower is ideally intended to be both a fast-paced, rapid-fire challenging rush through, as well as a more slow paced, methodical crawl, depending on your run and which part of Torghast you're doing. The Twisting Corridors especially are supposed to be aimed at players that like planning their every step, and as it will be a "one-time accomplishment for cosmetics", there shouldn't be as much pressure to "get it done" weekly.´´

here you go, took about 10 sec of google it.

well, you failed then lol .... this is the 101 of elitist thread. "not to be an elitist but .... it's too easy for me, "bad players" should stop asking for nerfs" lol... pretty obvious with your condescending bullshit about people who press one button or two when they feel like it ?
    Aside feeding this troll post, I never claimed it was easy nor do i asked it to be harder or only top 5% can do it. I wonder why the challange part has to be dumbed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    here we go again. someone with an opinion he wants to sell as fact as the game SHOULD be...
    No where did I forced my opinion on anybody saying how to game should be lol? I just wondering why blizz is moving away from the intended challange, maybe read the post again, slowly? And yes i agree, infact i WISH there were other ash rewards besides the companion missions. Also having big powers is fun, but were is the fun if for example a warrior can just press whirlwind while autowalking?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can nerf regular Torghast all they want, makes my ash chores faster. Just keep TC a challenge for those that want it.

The whole idea was that Torghast should of been an challange, when all i see is nerfs upon nerfs..

I get that there are people out there who can only press 1 button and maybe 2 when they feel like it, and want to experience Torghast to. But can't they just stick to layer 1? I really like it when i whiped a few times, 2 weeks back with that floor boss that had anti-cc stacking. Now its just faceroll from beginning to end...

Is this really the results of years of whining bad players wanting ''equality'' at the cost of those who seek challange in mmo's? And not to start an elistist thread number 2312
    When enough people cry and moan then they pass "balancing" fixes to keep people from having another reason to quit. Honestly I liked the idea that some of this stuff was gonna be challenging and not necessarily achievable by everyone early on much like the Mage Tower in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Even though it's a meme that "they don't listen to feedback" it's a well known fact that whining to nerf something often results in it being nerfed...
    They don't care about feedback they care about people leaving the game because they feel aggrieved about something. Which is why they pander to drooling retards like tanks in pvp, people who couldn't do torghast, LFR casuals etc.

Because serves no purpose other than crafting oranges and some story quests
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

No one wants to play a game that tells them they suck (especially if they do). The design of Torghast tells players they suck, in a way that's hard for them to ignore. You advance right to your level of marginal competence and there you are stuck, even higher difficulty levels are shoved in your face.

Achievement and competitive accomplishment seem natural to a game designer who was a high end raider. But that's a poisoned apple, one that can kill a game very quickly.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-01-08 at 02:56 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Alliance

Torghast could use crazier powers, floors half the size, and a ton more enemies. Make it a power fantasy.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    Here's the thing. Yes it should be difficult but it should not be impossible. What I mean by this is for layer 1 of Twisted Corridors (I think that's the 18 floor one), an ele shaman guildy blew through it. Did 86kdps on the 18th floor boss and killed him in 46sec. Me, I play a priest so I go shadow for Torghast. I spent about two hours approx in there get to the final boss and it took me two deaths before I developed a strat that would work to kill him. The problem is even with all the anima powers I had gotten rng'd it would take me awhile to kill the boss which in Torghast is a problem. I would've killed him but the stacking debuff they get for being alive too long made it impossible and he 1 shot me on my final pull this ending two hours of wasted time. It by all means should be difficult. You should lose lives and fail occasionally. In no way should you have the ability to actually kill what you need but that still not be enough do to longevity of kill. Some of this is overturning of certain mobs/bosses. Some of it is rng of anima powers. Some things have to be adjusted.
    Yes it's RNG but you just need to select better powers. If you can't get a feel for what powers work well, or figure out what grants you stronger damage, look up a guide. If you haven't picked up all of the Ven'Ari upgrades to give yourself a better chance, that's on you.

I've had NO issues so far on my layer 1, 2 or 3 runs as Shadow. I've done 150k+ dps on every end boss and even more (316k dps with my friend doing 251k) when I went with a friend yesterday on layer 3. We aren't super geared (both at 204 ilevel).

The thing is, games are most popular when they're hard and there are still challenges to complete.

Same thing with Diablo 3 in the beginning.
    Killed Diablo before all the nerfs. A few weeks later they nerfed everything by 40%.
    I stopped playing the next day.

Same goes for Torghast. If you nerf it to the ground, ppl will finish it quick, get bored and leave.

Its never wise to destroy every challenging content a game has to offer.

In a few weeks there will be guides that tell you every single pull in every map and what powers to take and what mob to cc.
    If you're a casual watch one of those guides.

Torghast as a whole isn't supposed to be a challenge though, it was a core part of progression as it was the only way to obtain your legendaries, so it was never designed to be difficult. Twisting Towers exclusively was always supposed to be the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I've come to believe that 90% of players playing a class with an interrupt don't even have it hotkeyed.

My problem with Torghast lies in the mechanics. I had really hoped we would see something like the Mage Tower bosses with a lot of well designed mechanics. However the bosses in Torghast are very very stale. It mostly about a few interrupt, some kiting and maybe a charge or two... otherwise it’s simply a dps check. There are no actual mechanics similar to what they Mage Tower bosses had which is really sad in my opinion.

Tbf it's just boring as hell, while also feeling abit like a chore. It's fine that twisting choridors is challenging, but you gotta admit that the scenarie in the different rooms is boring as hell, the mobs are redundant etc.

Imho Thorgast did not deliver on fun at all, the least they can do, is making it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    These loud people don't want a challenge. And casual gamers also don't like it.
    heh all you have to do is go back to the old ICC/Dragon Soul buff that you could turn off

"BLIZZ IS RUNING THE GAME WITH THE DEBUFF"
    Than turn it off...
    "no I wanna win... and the other guilds are using it...BUT ITS RUINING MY ENJOYMENT"

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    While I haven't tested the Twisted Corridors (which is great if its a challenge), I am happy that they nerfed the regular Choreghast (or made it quicker). Its boring as hell.
    Thrn prepare yourself for the twisting corridors... its not hard, just long (18 levels long!)

The anti-CC should come at higher levels of TC, same as the rest of Torghast

If you're complaining about how easy it is, I'll ask this - have done completed everything available in TC?
    Layer 1 TC is easily soloable (even as a mage), but I dare say Layer 8 is going to test the most experienced of us

Edit: even if you do complete it, why don't people test themselves (e.g. trying it naked) to make it hard for themselves, instead of, you know, whinge whinge