Poll: Which side do you support in the inevitable cosmic war after Shadowlands?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoW's cosmic bullshit is missing anything that actually makes it compelling or interesting. They're all just different flavors of the Legion. Terrifying monsters, unworldly powers, alien minds? Eh, stab it with a sword and move on, they'll die just as easily as everything else and crumble before the apparent might of the forces of Azeroth.

The fact that Void and Disorder are getting any votes isn't surprising but it is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I stand only for the Ren'dorei -- the Children of the Void. They alone hold the key to bend the very fundamental powers of the cosmos to their will. They alone hold the key to defy and overthrow even the Void Lords themselves. And thus they alone shall old the reins of this war.

Void Lords, Old Gods, Titans, Naaru, Eternal Ones... they are all just weapons to be harnessed by a will strong enough to command them.
    It's interesting to see the nathrezim's manipulations backfire -- or not. I wonder how much the void lords are aware of their true intentions.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    which ever i support is irrelevant because i'll never have the option to. The story will give me a quest to do something and that will be the end of it. Trying to make morally great cosmic powers is great and all but absolutely pointless if you have no RPG option to actually support that cause.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll support Azeroth. Enough of those upstart gods threatening my home - Draenor is gone thanks to zealotry, I won't let Azeroth align with the crazed followers of a cosmic force.

We will never be slaves!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Light - outside of Xe'ra & the Lightbound we haven't seen that much negative potrayals of the Naaru (Ember Ward/Z'rali is currently ambigious since it's said that was retaliatory in nature).
    Void - Given how the Void by nature drives mortals to madness & it's power comes a price/cost (or is vampiric in nature) i'd say it's the least appealing force here. Only positive thing we've seen the Void do is the curse of flesh (even then that was to make the titanforged susceptable to corruption not because they wanted the titanforged to be non-automatons)
    Life - Probably the least objectionable force since outside of the Evergrowth we haven't had any examples of "evil" life align entities .
    Death - Currently the Shadowlands & Pantheon of Death seem reasonable and don't seek to conquer other realms or really impose anything on reality (Jailor/Maw not withstanding).
    Order - Azeroth itself is a Titan & the Pantheon (Sargeras not withstanding) seemed reasonable enough (failsafes aside but given the threat of an old god corrupted Titan i'd say they're reasonable to put such measures).
    Disorder - probably the least threatening of the bunch here since Sargeras is what was keeping them in order, not to mention they'd chaotic and destructive by nature so they're as unappealing as the void.
    Elune - Currently we have no idea what Elune actually is so witholding judgment on that, but currently seems generally benevolent (althought the Night Warrior stuff is making that questionable)
    Elements - Dependings on the elementals, Azeroths are chaotic by nature due to the lack of spirit (element) on the planet (due to the nascent titan) but the ones of Draenor seem chill/reasonable.

Order, Light and Life seem like they're aligned/not opposed (outside of light extremists like Xe'ra/Lightbound) to one another while Void & Disorder are by nature entropic & destructive and Death seems uninvolved in any greater scheming (and given places like Ardenweald not even opposed to their counterpart)
    It seems a bit silly all of this.. do elements really need to be a separate magical order. Void, disorder, death - seem quite close too, as does light and life

most of these also seem derivatives - you can get order, life from light - and either death , void or chaos can lead to any of the other 2.

I just seems confused babble of people who didn't spend long enough time thinking this through or just slapped together stuff and made it up as they went along.

It is neither coherent nor cohesive and the rules change every time new stuff comes.. so why waste time?

Chronicle, and this simplistic world ordering, was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I'll support Azeroth. Enough of those upstart gods threatening my home - Draenor is gone thanks to zealotry, I won't let Azeroth align with the crazed followers of a cosmic force.

We will never be slaves!
    But we can be conquerors!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    It's interesting to see the nathrezim's manipulations backfire -- or not. I wonder how much the void lords are aware of their true intentions.
    Almost no one can elude the Void Lords, as they can foretell every potential future, though they cannot identify the correct one. Regardless, they no doubt are aware of the Nathrezim's insidious plans and affiliations.

It wouldn't surprise me if Xal'atath was out there gathering intel and knowledge on the Jailer's forces, which includes his Nathrezim agents.

As I speculated in another thread, I believe that the climax of Shadowlands will actually be about the Void, and not the Jailer, and will lead into a Void expansion. It is not a coincidence that the Void Lords are mysteriously silent while their greatest enemy gathers his armies for war. They are merely waiting, biding their time, and preparing for the perfect opportunity to strike. That's just the kind of creatures the Void Lords are. They are opportunistic.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-10 at 03:58 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how all these cosmical forces are just waiting for the others to weaken in order to jump on us, I would side with none. The wise thing to do is to maintain the stalemate.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The physical non imaginative plane

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I stand only for the Ren'dorei -- the Children of the Void. They alone hold the key to bend the very fundamental powers of the cosmos to their will. They alone hold the key to defy and overthrow even the Void Lords themselves. And thus they alone shall old the reins of this war.

Void Lords, Old Gods, Titans, Naaru, Eternal Ones... they are all just weapons to be harnessed by a will strong enough to command them.
    It's interesting that such a badly asspulled race has such obsessed followers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    It's interesting that such a badly asspulled race has such obsessed followers.
    Void is an obsession, it whispers you at every hour, every minute, every second - and it gets worse with every passing day. So I'd say the RP part is pretty well covered by Our (tentacle-y) Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Order. Cold logic and machines should dictate the universe.

Death totally. The entire concept of Shadowlands is super cool for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What abilities will each one give us to use? Have to sim what one to go with.
    this site needs an upvote feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever has the best transmog, and thots in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Whichever side has the giant undead mammaries is sure to win.

Sargeras, old gods, titans, the jailer and hogger can be on the opposite side but it doth not matter for they stand no chance against HER.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    So which side do you, and most Alliance and Horde players, personally support when this does eventually occur?
    I picked the Other option. We don't know yet which sides we will be allowed to pick or if we even get a choice. Who knows, it could be that it will simply be Us Versus Them, whoever Them may end up being.

But I can tell you this, if I DO get a choice, I will pick whichever side(s) makes the most sense to me at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    None because we likely won't get an option to support a "side". We'll beat up the Light until they realise they've been very naughty and are considered good again and the Void will just be stopped but not gone as we realise "life can't exist without the void". Then the Life will get a reason to conquer everything followed by the "we don't agree with the titans" campaign and then Disorder will be relevant again and then rinse and repeat with the odd Azeroth story thrown in until interest wanes.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity