i love outlaw in shadowlands!

my build is the cookie cutter build, kyrian with count the odds conduit and celerity lego.

i never liked outlaw mainly because of how frustrating it was to play when you had bad rolls rng and no pistol shot procs, it felt really slow and clunky.

main thing that makes outlaw great in shadowlands is the count the odds conduit, i often have 2-3+ buffs rolling at the same time, so it feels less bad when you get a bad roll and have to wait for the reroll cd. and it makes vanish an actuall CD worth pressing.

the kyrian ability and the lego just helps preventing long periods of energy starving. which also makes the spec feel more fluent.

droughts still happen, but they are far fewer and shorter than in bfa/legion.

good job blizz, you finally managed to make the spec enjoyable! (imo)
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-12-25 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    my build is the cookie cutter build, kyrian with count the odds conduit and celerity lego.

i never liked outlaw mainly because of how frustrating it was to play when you had bad rolls rng and no pistol shot procs, it felt really slow and clunky.

main thing that makes outlaw great in shadowlands is the count the odds conduit, i often have 2-3+ buffs rolling at the same time, so it feels less bad when you get a bad roll and have to wait for the reroll cd. and it makes vanish an actuall CD worth pressing.

the kyrian ability and the lego just helps preventing long periods of energy starving. which also makes the spec feel more fluent.

droughts still happen, but they are far fewer and shorter than in bfa/legion.

good job blizz, you finally managed to make the spec enjoyable! (imo)
    Until RtB gets removed/replaced the spec will always be the black sheep of the class with all the RNG and the dumb pirates of the carribean fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Until RtB gets removed/replaced the spec will always be the black sheep of the class with all the RNG and the dumb pirates of the carribean fantasy.
    rtb would be fine if the procs would be much closer in power,and wile the cd in sl makes it feel better,it can end up with it being worse numbers wise than bfa when u could just reroll

however,isnt outlaw like the best rogue spec atm?and pretty high overall?

I still use the name "combat" rogue. I refuse to adopt some cringe terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    however,isnt outlaw like the best rogue spec atm?and pretty high overall?
    It is by far the best in M+, and even with sub in raiding. Which isn't a good thing, it would be like if survival hunter was their best M+ spec.

It is by far the best in M+, and even with sub in raiding. Which isn't a good thing, it would be like if survival hunter was their best M+ spec.
    i was todays years old when i learned that outlaw is the survival equivalent of rogues.

wait a second please, i need to get a bigger hand for this particular facepalm.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I like rogue much more now, than in BfA, much less random dps value. And it is good fun as well.

Outlaw feels to busy atm, not hard just alot of crap to keep track of. Just think how fun this spec would be if they garbage canned RtB, added true bearing back into restless blades to give us the old 2 sec per combo point CD reduction. This would give us a much higher uptime on BtE buff, and no more RNG.

yeah i don't like outlaw so much since the changes, feels like playing whack a mole going 500 mph and i don't have time to watch my feet and all the shit i have coming off cd at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    yeah i don't like outlaw so much since the changes, feels like playing whack a mole going 500 mph and i don't have time to watch my feet and all the shit i have coming off cd at the same time.
    I definately do some stuff to alleviate this feeling, I start by using Deeper Stratagem over Marked for Death. I avoid "on use" trinkets like the plague. What I really need is a pistol shot weak aura that really stands out and actually yells "SHOOT NOW" when I get an opportunity proc. I lose the most damage from opportunity procs that I dont notice until they are really late in their duration. New outlaw doesn't mesh real well with the aggressive anti-melee design of much of shadowlands, time to go BM I guess.

Honestly outlaw would be fixed for me if they made roll the bones last 45 seconds, so you can just hit it on CD and let the rotational change take place and keep pumping, but tbh I love this version of Outlaw ALOT and will be playing it all tier (even if rogue is struggling to find a place amongst the melee now, being the only melee that doesn't bring a buff or AMZ).

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    i was todays years old when i learned that outlaw is the survival equivalent of rogues.

wait a second please, i need to get a bigger hand for this particular facepalm.
    a heavily changed spec to fill a fantasy role no one asked for that is far less popular than its predecessor? Sounds like survival to me. Only difference being outlaw is actually good, unfortunately.

I don't like RtB at all, nor the whole "dance dance revolution" feeling i get from playing Outlaw, but it could be worse. Fortunately 6combo sims higher than MfD so one less cd to care about.

It's fine to play. I don't like (or i have to get used to) Restless Blades lowering all our cds. Definitely worth playing it though - i'm in the slow process of learning and master it. Not an easy thing for me that i'm old and have slow reflexes, plus i absolutely despise the "spell chaining" that always triggers on wrong abilities because i'm a button spammer XD (EDIT: i was sure Blizzard removed the option from the menus, but i found a way to disable it through chat commands finally).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-01-11 at 02:20 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    plus i absolutely despise the "spell chaining" that always triggers on wrong abilities because i'm a button spammer XD (EDIT: i was sure Blizzard removed the option from the menus, but i found a way to disable it through chat commands finally).

Care to elaborate into that? Im on the same boat there and wheneever things start to speed up I find my self wasting sinister strikes when I should be eviscerating or using any other finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Care to elaborate into that? Im on the same boat there and wheneever things start to speed up I find my self wasting sinister strikes when I should be eviscerating or using any other finisher.
    Here's a link that explains it and what you can do about it.

Essentially, it allows you to queue key presses. If you have a spell queue window of 200ms, for example, an ability that you press within 200ms of the GCD refreshing will still activate. This makes your gameplay feel smooth, especially depending on your latency. On the other hand, if you prefer mashing buttons, you can lower it by a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Basically the post above. It was an option in the menu but then they decided to take it out. I have set mine to 100ms because you're not a bot hence having a sort of spell-queueing is still fine and lets you "save" some casts. However the default 400ms is WAY too wide. I really wonder how many people are button-mashers like me and how much dps they lose due to this alone. Because it's a lot if you take a 5 minute fight in consideration.

Anything i've read around suggest by default to reduce it to 200 and see if it's better or you can lower it more. I'll probably end setting it just slightly abouve my latency, because that's what it's supposed to do.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically the post above. It was an option in the menu but then they decided to take it out. I have set mine to 100ms because you're not a bot hence having a sort of spell-queueing is still fine and lets you "save" some casts. However the default 400ms is WAY too wide. I really wonder how many people are button-mashers like me and how much dps they lose due to this alone. Because it's a lot if you take a 5 minute fight in consideration.

Anything i've read around suggest by default to reduce it to 200 and see if it's better or you can lower it more. I'll probably end setting it just slightly abouve my latency, because that's what it's supposed to do.
    It's not as bad for other casters, I think we're just about the highest APM class, and with a lower GCD than others, too.

A hunter is probably like... 14 APM or something.