Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how this incredibly toxic forum is making toxic posts about asmongold's temporary vacation because they think he's toxic. Kettle pot and all that. Also, it just reeks of jealousy... why would it merit all this discussion and posts if people really felt indifferent to him.

Will the WoW streaming community survive this loss?

Didn’t he and a group of guys start some big streaming thing not that long ago?

I find it hilariously ironic that all the people who "donate" to streamers to "support" them are actually just paying for them to stream shorter hours, take more breaks and have early "retirements." I will never be able to understand the mentality of someone who throws away their money to jobless millionaires so they can take more vacations.

Brain damage I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I find it hilariously ironic that all the people who "donate" to streamers to "support" them are actually just paying for them to stream shorter hours, take more breaks and have early "retirements." I will never be able to understand the mentality of someone who throws away their money to millionaires so they can take more vacations.

Brain damage I guess.
    Ever bought a movie ticket?

He normally vanishes for a few months this time of year tho right? I'm sure he will be around in some form for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    He normally vanishes for a few months this time of year tho right? I'm sure he will be around in some form for some time to come.
    Yeah he's done this three years in a row. It's par for the course now for him to take a 2-3 month break at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Ever bought a movie ticket?
    I find Elon Musk's tweets entertaining. Should I throw a portion of my paycheck at his feet?

I don't follow this closely but from what I understand his isn't the first time he has done this. A lot of big streamers do it. I know DrDisrespect did it too. Take a month or two off and then have the blow out return stream week that gets like 70-100k viewers for a few weeks and get a big pay day. From what I can tell a lot of these people are usually not the type that like to have jobs. Streaming at that level IS A JOB. So they burn out, go mental, get depressed, or find something else to do for a while. Then they remember they liked money or the PR stunt is over and they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    Yeah he's done this three years in a row. It's par for the course now for him to take a 2-3 month break at the beginning of the year.
    Yeah thought so, was not 100% if i was remembering it correctly. Ether way he has made his cash if he wants to take time off or leave for god this time fair play to him wish him all the best. Sure he will come back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I find Elon Musk's tweets entertaining. Should I throw a portion of my paycheck at his feet?
    Just by viewing them you provide revenue potential for twitter. If you wanna throw money at Musk though, you'll have to buy some of Tesla's products.

Streaming will be the exact same as it's been without that manchild to anyone that doesn't follow him. And the title is clickbait to boot.

He'll be back for ya'll to fawn over soon enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Literally no one thinks it's odd that Blizzard avoids people like Asmongold. He's just not the type of corporate, sterile people Blizzard usually bring on. His brand is too "edgy" for Blizzard to safely associate themselves with him and he probably knows that. He's still a good representation of a large portion of the WoW community. Comparing him to Trump is a good meme though.

Blizzard doesn't avoid asmon because his brand is "edgy", lol. This interpretation gave me a good solid minute of laughter, thanks for that.
    He's a perfect example of someone who preys on the negatives of something to gain popularity, fame and recognition.

Also, factually wrong, he's not a good representation of a large portion of the WoW community. A large portion of the WoW community is split between a variety of WoW streamers, from PvPers like Bajheera, Pika, Xaryu, or PvE'rs like Gingi, Frag, Naowh, LimitMax, Naguura etc. Or even the variety content streamers like Hazel, Anne,Quin69, Sodapoppin (also counts under pvp this dude). Asmon only represents the loud and brash minority that has almost 0 impact on the game overall. Hence the parallels I drew between him, trump and trump's supporters.

How much actual feedback have you seen asmon give on any topic on the official wow forums? How many bug reports have you seen him make on stream during alpha/beta? Probably none, because he was busy complaining about in-development stuff instead while other did the work.

What part of the game do you associate someone like asmon with apart from "completionism"? Even that only made possible with his "followers" feeding him everything. He gets carried in raids, gets carried in m+, gets carried in pvp, gets free loot from wherever. He doesn't play the game, he just logs in and lets it auto-pilot itself for him. His only content is pulling up VoDs from YT or Twitch while waiting to spawn camp some rare or w/e and reacting to stuff on a 2nd screen. It's only recently on his second channel where he's sometimes seen actually playing the game doing the daily routines.

I'd be willing to bet that if you were to take a gander at how many of his "followers" actually even actively play the game rather just shit on it in his chat or spam 'TRUE LUL', the number would be terribly low, or at the very least, they can be caught complaining about content they never experienced first hand. If there's a way to verify this claim of mine, I would love to see it in action.

To sum up, the reason blizzard doesn't reach out to someone like Asmon for interview opportunities is that they do not want a person who doesn't even genuinely play the game but constantly is seen bashing it in one form or other on a public platform to a large pool of viewers, as that is not the person who represents their playerbase. They have the data available to them to back up something like that.
    Nice try though. Asmon fan I'm guessing?
    Last edited by Zarvel; 2021-01-11 at 03:44 PM.

Oh man, that'd be a good thing for the internet.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rumor has it he was on video at the capital building breaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    Must have gotten tired of banging his head into the table... literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Everyone needs a break. Wether it's a s s m o n or cdew everyone must eventually take a break from their job. Some people call it a mid life crisis - either way he will be back

The vitriol in this threat is hilarious. Like, there's some Kardashian level hate going on in here. It'ls like the guy personally came to your house and shat into your mom's mouth or some shit like that, because that's absolutely the only reason why any of your fucking weirdos could be so agitated about this guy... basically just existing.

I don't particularly like Asmongold. I most certainly don't like his fandom. I especially don't like his fandom bringing their pepega peepo monka big dick kappa TURE LULW retard spam over to wow as reading that gives me a fucking aneurysm. But the absolute fucking worst thing about anything Asmongold-related is the absolute scum, the disgusting fucking gutter dwellers, the lowest of all the low human beings... the fucking pathetic and disgraceful uh, I'm so glad he's gone because I don't like his face and his fanbase is so stupid and he's so toxic and I totally hate him and I'm so glad he's gone and even just seeing his face on youtube somehow negatively impacts my life because I'm so much better and so mature and I don't even watch him but every time I watch him for even just 8 hours I so hate the guy because he's single handedly ruining wow and he's absolutely the worst thing that has ever happened to wow but I totally don't even care about him because I'm so above that like totally.

Like, y'all fucking 16 y/o teenage drama girls getting a hard on every time you get an opportunity to shit about anything Asmongold-related, holy shit, you are by far the most pathetic creatures ever. There's the people sending $5000 donations to random girl streamers to have their names read once and forgotten immediately afterwards... and then there's you - the people feeling the need to make a comment about that at any possible given opportunity. You have absolutely no idea how pathetic, jealous and disgraceful that makes you look.

Now go back to reading your financial times stock reports you bunch of very much intellectual grown ups who are so above this whole twitch thing - like, in fact so above that you only need to come to mmoc 15 times a day to tell everyone just how above everything y'all truly are.

- Yours truly, a person who doesn't particularly care about Asmongold buts feels the need to vomit every time he sees someone talking about the guy as if he personally assassinated your dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't even blame the boomers on this forum complaining about Asmongold. I'd get mad too if I were 60 years old and, after a long life of constant work, realized I could've become a millionaire just by playing WoW LOLOL.
    Says the guy who has spent literal years of his life obsessing over an irrelevant side-character. Not sure what room you have to 'LOLOL' at anyone.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Because a LOT of people think streamers are their best friends, the most truthful people, and worship these dumb fuckers while tossing entire paychecks at them for 5 seconds of "recognition" and think everyone else has to pay attention to them. As well as holding them as some kind of metric as to whether a game is good or not.
    Imagine in high school if you could give money from your weekend job to hang with the cool kids. Then you could brag to your other friends how you went to the cool kids party that one time. Lol.

Being part of a community of someone you like or that you perceive as important has always been a thing. Bringing it online has just made it easy to monetize.