Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Graphical crashes since Shadowlands

Hey all, not sure if this is best here or elsewhere, but hope someone can offer a suggestion.

Since Shadowlands launched, my WoW freezes for a few seconds, the game client goes white and then comes back. This happens only once per play session and doesn't crash the game per-se, as everything is fine afterwards and I can continue playing. It never did this before Shadowlands and it doesn't happen in any other games, so I'm pretty sure it is WoW-specific and Shadowlands-specific.

Anyone else experiencing this? There doesn't seem to be a pattern other than it being in the new zones/dungeons (haven't been in the "old world" to check there).

I HIGHLY doubt it's my PC as it is strong and other (more graphically intense) games are fine. But a few specs - i7-8700k, 16gb RAM, RTX 2080 (latest drivers) game running on an NVMe drive.

Thanks to any who can offer some suggestions.

I tried helping a redditor with a similiar problem some weeks back. Almost the same, except after his game came back, he was locked at like 5 fps and had to restart. I was unable to help, but he figured out that he had to underclock his gpu by 10 hz to solve the problem. So thats something i would have tried if i were in your shoes. Use msi afterburner and downclock it by 10 hz and see what happens. Just youtube it if you are unsure how to do it

It's impossible to help someone who starts out thinking the problem isn't their PC, when it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt it's my PC
    How would it not be your PC?

Happening to me too, seems to be related to having raytracing turned on. I disabled it and it stops happening, turned back on starts again. As you're describing its not often, just a few times here and there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's impossible to help someone who starts out thinking the problem isn't their PC, when it is.
    Nice, thanks. As I clearly stated, it doesn't happen in any other games - Star Citizen for one runs fine, even being badly optimized and much more demanding graphically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktide973 View Post
    Happening to me too, seems to be related to having raytracing turned on. I disabled it and it stops happening, turned back on starts again. As you're describing its not often, just a few times here and there.
    Thank you. I did try ray tracing for a little bit, but it's since been turned off. It also has a red note saying 'Can't be used due to graphical...something' which is odd as the card is clearly capable.

Nice, thanks. As I clearly stated, it doesn't happen in any other games - Star Citizen for one runs fine, even being badly optimized and much more demanding graphically.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I did try ray tracing for a little bit, but it's since been turned off. It also has a red note saying 'Can't be used due to graphical...something' which is odd as the card is clearly capable.
    if you cant use ray tracing in wow and you have an rtx card it means your windows OS is out of date

Hey all, not sure if this is best here or elsewhere, but hope someone can offer a suggestion.

Since Shadowlands launched, my WoW freezes for a few seconds, the game client goes white and then comes back. This happens only once per play session and doesn't crash the game per-se, as everything is fine afterwards and I can continue playing. It never did this before Shadowlands and it doesn't happen in any other games, so I'm pretty sure it is WoW-specific and Shadowlands-specific.

Anyone else experiencing this? There doesn't seem to be a pattern other than it being in the new zones/dungeons (haven't been in the "old world" to check there).

I HIGHLY doubt it's my PC as it is strong and other (more graphically intense) games are fine. But a few specs - i7-8700k, 16gb RAM, RTX 2080 (latest drivers) game running on an NVMe drive.

Thanks to any who can offer some suggestions.
    Hey - i have exactly the same Error! I have a new RTX 3080 and as i said my wow crashes too in WOW SL - exactly how you discribed it. Other Games, like Call of Duty Black ops or watchdogs legion run fine. For me the Problem is fixed when i Play WOW on DX11 instead of DX12. But this way i cant activate raytracing, which is sad. Anyone does have an idea how to fix it? I run newest GPU Driver, newest Windows 20H2. i already reinstalled wow, reinstalled windows, cleared all addons - nothing works.