Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Shields in HP can be summoned with relative ease and can block pretty much anything. So a Wizard could just erect a shield and wait til his opponent runs out of bullets. Or they can just apparate behind them and kill them then.
    I'm not talking about Harry Potter, I'm talking about WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I'm not talking about Harry Potter, I'm talking about WoW.
    You were replying to a comment that was about HP.

Just going to address a historical inaccuracy here.

Spain conquered the Inca because their translator was able to use their appearance to foment a slave rebellion from the many many tribes and lower castes that were tired of being sacrificed to the Sun.

60 folks don't win revolutions against empires, I don't care how many horses and flintlock they have against cotton armor and obsidian blades when the folks that have obsidian blades are literally in the millions of citizens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Harry Potter had no issues learning about technology, and most succesful technology is so by the grace of its ease of use versus its intended effect, and Voldemort was special, but neither the first, the only nor the worst in a lot of senses.
    he have no issues because he was born and raised by muggles, wizardry families, not everyone have that beneffit

But yeah, we're going off track, point stands that magic vs. technology isn't so easy to determine even in simpler settings.
    this topic also does not point out that in this case, orcs had both technology, superior war tactics and magic