Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Opinions you would never say in front of family/friends

Can be on anything.

I would say that

Reality TV is decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eugenics is an ideal way to reduce the suffering of future generations.

I have several friends who have kids and complain about things having to do with their kids, and I seriously have to bite my tongue about it because it's their parenting style/ decisions that's leading to every single one of their complaints.

Also, politics, especially in the current climate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Eugenics is an ideal way to reduce the suffering of future generations.
    Eugenics wouldn't do anything in terms of increasing cognitive capabilities. Genes are just used to build the brain into a *universal* information processing system.

If you're basing this on IQ statistics then you should throw that evidence out the window because all of those studies are based on 'correlation' and not 'causation'.

When people get a child:

Population expects: Congratulations so happy for you guys.
    In my mind: Like we dont alrdy have enouth people on this shit planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I have several friends who have kids and complain about things having to do with their kids, and I seriously have to bite my tongue about it because it's their parenting style/ decisions that's leading to every single one of their complaints.

Yeah can never say anything about other people's kids.

Mine would be about how anybody who joins the military is incredibly stupid.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Eugenics wouldn't do anything in terms of increasing cognitive capabilities. Genes are just used to build the brain into a *universal* information processing system.

If you're basing this on IQ statistics then you should throw that evidence out the window because all of those studies are based on 'correlation' and not 'causation'.
    I didn't mention IQ or cognitive abilities at all.

I'm referring to Eugenics as a tool to prevent people with incurable diseases from reproducing.
    Even though that might seem cruel, in my opinion it is crueler to bring a child into the world with that exact same problem.
    After a few generations, the suffering from those diseases would be eliminated or greatly reduced.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mention IQ or cognitive abilities at all.

I'm referring to Eugenics as a tool to prevent people with incurable diseases from reproducing.
    Even though that might seem cruel, in my opinion it is crueler to bring a child into the world with that exact same problem.
    After a few generations, the suffering from those diseases would be eliminated or greatly reduced.
    Ah okay, well I don't believe in limiting anyone's human rights but I think we have a moral responsibility to improve human genetics in a way that removes genetic errors and improves our physical healthiness. The fact that there is a stigma around the topic is irrational, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Ah okay, well I don't believe in limiting anyone's human rights but I think we have a moral responsibility to improve human genetics in a way that removes genetic errors and improves our physical healthiness. The fact that there is a stigma around the topic is irrational, imo.
    Agreed.
    Most humans aren't exactly known for being rational though.

Some you can tell anything too, others telling you love the icecream nogger triggers them.

I've always shared my honest opinions with my real friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of my opinions.

My family is very judgmental about anything and everything. Very socially conservative. "You shouldn't say that!" is a common phrase from my grandmother. My aunt does the "well..."(while looking up and away) crap. And the men just sit there in silence.

7+ Year Old Account
    That you voted republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

not exactly the same thing but i regularly say ' you bought the ticket, you take the ride' to them

got to love hunter thompson

Agreed.
    Most humans aren't exactly known for being rational though.
    Works with every other species we’ve tried it on, why would humans be any different?

I think a lot of kids are ugly, lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My auntie is so pro BLM its actually scary that I wouldn’t dare debate any police shootings around her regardless if it was even remotely justified. It’s funny because she’s so is one of those white offended girls you see on Twitter.
    Then again her mother(my grandmother) is just the opposite with all the racist/homophobic comments.
    We often have to keep someone between them during family get togethers.

That prostate orgasms are fucking awesome.

Imagine the best orgasm you've ever had, magnified 100 times and can last up to two straight hours, and with enough practice can be initiated with nothing else but your mind. Sometimes so powerful it can trigger an out of body experience where you cease being a person and you float around in the ether existing as nothing but pleasure. If I even attempted to mention that around my friends I'd probably get "HUH U GAY LOLZ" even though I'm straight as an arrow.

I don't have any that I'd never say in front of friends or family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Yeah can never say anything about other people's kids.

Mine would be about how anybody who joins the military is incredibly stupid.
    Yeah. Did 5 years in the military got a top secret clearance got a job where I play video games at work and I made 185k in 2019. What a bad choice I feel like an idiot. I have a friend who is a lawyer and makes more but he works 6 days a week and has to do actual work.

On topic, nothing. I speak my mind. If people don't like it, tough. I think the amount of bans I have proves that much.