Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

What content do you think in wow violates the ESRB rating?
    You know, I'm honestly really glad WoW DID get a T rating. Call me a weak person, but I think it's better this way.

The story is much, much worse than the game in the novels. Like, I won't even touch them because of it
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2021-01-12 at 10:20 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald, nagrand, winterspring, STV etc.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    That would be their choice then, at least they'd be old enough and informed enough to see things as they are and properly discern between reality and fiction, truth and lies, good and evil. Well that is my hope.

I would want them to be able to understand entertainment culture of the day and relate to others who do, but hope my upbringing would be sound enough for it never to hold any serious attraction or distraction for them.

I certainly wouldn't want em wasting time on a 40 year old game in college
    Sheltering your children always works out REALLY WELL. Those will be some well-adapted people who absolutely don't want to kill you!

i hear goldshire inn is a pretty nice place

Eversong stands out for me, magical stuff in the best sense.
    Otherwise Storm Peaks, Zangarmarsh and Nagrand for a flyby, Sholazar basin, Howling Fjord (though there is a strong dark undercurrent there, so it depends on what you consider kid friendly), thousand needles, un'goro, uldum, hyjal, deepholme, vash'jir, most of pandaria, shadowmoon valley (wod), highmountain, stormsong valley, zuldazar, winterspring, ashenvale, loch modan, hinterlands... and that's it for now.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Sheltering your children always works out REALLY WELL. Those will be some well-adapted people who absolutely don't want to kill you!
    I wouldn't call avoiding rubbish as sheltering, but rather rescuing or preventing hypnosis and delusions brought on my fantasy. Or something like that.

That is not sheltering.

That cave in un goro.

I wouldn't call avoiding rubbish as sheltering, but rather rescuing or preventing hypnosis and delusions brought on my fantasy. Or something like that.

That is not sheltering.
    To be honest that sounds like most kinds of sheltering, good intentions and all that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

That is not sheltering.
    Hey bud, hate to break it to ya - that's sheltering your kids. And you have a serious personality disorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mulgore and barrens. Wild life and plains full of colors :P

That is not sheltering.
    Man, your posts in this thread show that you lack so much nuance in the way you see parenting and video games I'm not sure you could understand even if we tried our best. Comparing showing a map for 15 minutes to a 3 y/o child because he/she finds it beautiful to 'fight for real life instead of fantasy and show them life as it is by hiding wow from them so fantasy don't dominate they lives' and 'preventing hypnosis and delusions', what the fuck am i even reading

Post was hilarious though, i'll give you that
    Last edited by Molov; 2021-01-14 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    Man, your posts in this thread show that you lack so much nuance in the way you see parenting and video games I'm not sure you could understand even if we tried our best. Comparing showing a map for 15 minutes to a 3 y/o child because he/she finds it beautiful to 'fight for real life instead of fantasy and show them life as it is by hiding wow from them so fantasy don't dominate they lives' and 'preventing hypnosis and delusions', what the fuck am i even reading

Post was hilarious though, i'll give you that
    Why are you so offended I had personally offended you or something. Either that or what I say annoys you because you know it's true and you know it's terrible to subject your own children to this poison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Hey bud, hate to break it to ya - that's sheltering your kids. And you have a serious personality disorder.
    Wow, the day that avoiding fantasy is sheltering but avoiding reality isn't. Wow... you detractors are so twisted up in a knot you've lost perspective. This is what happens when you spend too much time on social media in a self induced bubble community that loses touch slowly with reality - and you prove the wisdom of my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The old Karazhan catacombs.
    You're a fucking monster hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    bro you are pretty naive tbh. We are not living in the 90s anymore...kids at age 15 have seen EVERYTHING you can imagine these days. The internet, you know?
    I mean that's sort of the problem, isn't it? Parents not keeping an eye on what their kids are doing and letting them have access to things they shouldn't. I was 15 once and I had 0 parent supervision and got into a ton of stuff that took me down some dark paths.

IMO, we should be encouraging parents to give their kids less free/unsupervised Internet exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Minimal blood, for one. Literal lakes of the stuff. Also contains torture and mutilation, sometimes even at the hands of the player. Also contains strong themes of genocide, slavery, and other war crimes.
    The violence is hardly graphic, and the blood is red water, not the kind of gore you see in games like Doom or Outlast, and the violent themes aren't so far removed from fantasy stories like LOTR. Hell if large-scale violence counted as M, Star Wars would qualify given that a planet gets blown up. T fits WoW very well, it doesn't mean that mature themes or disturbing imagery are absent from the work, merely that it's not dominated by them, and for every on-screen war crime and blood lake there's several nice, quiet places and whimsical stories and characters.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The field of humans in Hillsbrad, Nothing like bashing the brains of humans buried to the neck in dirt in to set the tone for a teen rated game.

I'd force them to farm herbs for me in EPL on classic.

Why are you so offended I had personally offended you or something. Either that or what I say annoys you because you know it's true and you know it's terrible to subject your own children to this poison.
    Nah dude, i'm not annoyed or offended. I'm surprised and amused. But what I wrote and meant seem to go completely over your head, which makes sense with what I wrote.

I’d go for Arden and Bastion, both pretty in their own way.

Maybe wait till you can fly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Stay clear of Goldshire for obvious reasons.
    That kinda depends on the server... Looking at you, Argent Dawn EU!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!