Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    @OP : dam, that is some serious bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    @OP : dam, that is some serious bad luck.
    Its designed that way you can go through a entire clear and not get a single item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Its designed that way you can go through a entire clear and not get a single item.
    Not the first time in the history of the game that that possibility existed. However....

Yeah, that hyperbolic example in the OP is right in line with the current design. As a few others have mathed out in this very thread, highly unlikely.

I hear WoW is dying, again.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Not the first time in the history of the game that that possibility existed. However....

Yeah, that hyperbolic example in the OP is right in line with the current design. As a few others have mathed out in this very thread, highly unlikely.

I hear WoW is dying, again.
    It probably is dying its been dying since WOLTK, the current gearing system in PVE will accelerate its death faster if its not resolved quickly.

Basically do Raids/Mythic + and twiddle ur thumbs untill the the weekly vault reset and hope for any progression for your character.

BFA "Gear is meaningless now, they throw so much at you it gets old. Remember the good old days of vanilla when you were lucky to get one epic a month? man i miss those days. It was all about the excitement of finally getting that elusive piece of loot. Shit man, I couldn't even tell you the name of any of my epic items, and i got bags full of this crap"

Shadowlands "Me not get gear /sadface - game is dying, imma start whine thread k"

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's not that it's slower, it's that chances are the only meaningful upgrades your going to get are from your weekly chest unless you happen to get lucky in a mythic raid. I'm already at a point on my main where the only gear upgrades I'm going to get is if I get it from my weekly chest or if i start mythic raiding again. The latter isn't going to happen so I'm effectively hoping that I'll get 1 piece of loot from my end of week chest a week.
    Well, if you are doing only heroic raids, and not PvP at 2.1k, but do m+15s, isnt it obvious, that all of your loot comes from your +15 chest? I dont understand the issue. This was also true in BFA/Legion, unless you where super lucky due to an insane TF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    See that's the problem..the system still needs something to make it good..I wouldn't mind this if there was some form of bad luck protection(and the seal isn't BLP) and they gave us a currency to work with to get upgrades...but when you dont get upgrades outside of your seal for weeks on end its a shitty system. It's gating progression stupidly...
    But gear has to be gated. People chase gear in WoW. If you take away the gear part, less people play.

I did 20 heroics on my alt DH and got 1 piece of gear. And it was something I didnt even need because I was lucky enough to get a 207 world boe epic helm. I literally took off my credit card from my account and wont be renewing until something is done about loot. Be it bringing back badges or something.... but something needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    I did 20 heroics on my alt DH and got 1 piece of gear. And it was something I didnt even need because I was lucky enough to get a 207 world boe epic helm. I literally took off my credit card from my account and wont be renewing until something is done about loot. Be it bringing back badges or something.... but something needs to be fixed.
    You talking 20 heroic raid bosses? Or 20 heroic dungeons? Cause heroic dungeon loot hasn't changed.

classic loot is awesome
    i got a shield from scarlet monastery and than tanked the next run, ahh what a fulfilling evening
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Well, if you are doing only heroic raids, and not PvP at 2.1k, but do m+15s, isnt it obvious, that all of your loot comes from your +15 chest? I dont understand the issue. This was also true in BFA/Legion, unless you where super lucky due to an insane TF.
    In both legion and BfA I kept running mythic+s to try to get 5 ilvl upgrades here and there. Now there is 0 chance of getting any upgrades from the end of run chest so I don't bother.

Mythic raiding is so unrewarding I quit when we managed 5 M boss kills and they were fine with me stopping. Loot basically devolved into into weekly vault slot sim. Make the hardest content in the game with a weekly lockout drop 3 pieces of loot, don't even allow something like master loot. Brilliant.

Same shit goes for M+, even more unrewarding and stressful.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    BFA "Gear is meaningless now, they throw so much at you it gets old. Remember the good old days of vanilla when you were lucky to get one epic a month? man i miss those days. It was all about the excitement of finally getting that elusive piece of loot. Shit man, I couldn't even tell you the name of any of my epic items, and i got bags full of this crap"

Shadowlands "Me not get gear /sadface - game is dying, imma start whine thread k"
    You know that those 2 opinions can come from 2 different groups right? Also there can be a fucking middle ground also, like first week in heroic raid they said they messed up and give 5 loot for 20 people, then they "fixed" that to 3. That "Fix" was to much, anybody who are raiding will say that raiding is not their main source of gear, they are also doing m plus just to unlock vault options and pvp to 1800/2100s if you want to stay competitive in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But gear has to be gated. People chase gear in WoW. If you take away the gear part, less people play.
    I'm not disagreeing...but Blizzard was too far one way during BFA and now they're too far the other way with SL...it needs some tuning...the Seal should never be your only upgrade every week if you're doing at least 7 bosses on heroic in CN. For the first month that was basically it..I just hit over ilvl 200 this week and was stuck at 196 for about a month...that's not fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Ohh its good to see that i'm not alone... What a surprise...

Update: Cleared 10HC bosses today and guess what, only 1 item dropped, and yeah no need to mention that it was useless...

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Mythic raiding is so unrewarding I quit when we managed 5 M boss kills and they were fine with me stopping. Loot basically devolved into into weekly vault slot sim. Make the hardest content in the game with a weekly lockout drop 3 pieces of loot, don't even allow something like master loot. Brilliant.

Same shit goes for M+, even more unrewarding and stressful.
    This is why im hoping my group just sticks with Heroic...we're working on Heroic Denathrius now...if we go into mythic with the way things are in the game currently I will probably leave or quit raiding til this gets addressed...I do think BFA it was too easy so I understand their reasoning for making it less...but this was just an enormous swing to the opposite end that BFA was at in terms of loot drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    Ohh its good to see that i'm not alone... What a surprise...

Update: Cleared 10HC bosses today and guess what, only 1 item dropped, and yeah no need to mention that it was useless...
    but youre guildies can trade you the shit they dont need

:insert eyeroll:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well I like PVP so I don't agree with your opinion. You are overreacting just a little bit.
    Forcing people who don't like pvp into doing pvp to actually get gear is horrendous game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post

You completely miss the point of those sentiments. Modern expansions have the entire of Classic gear progression within 1 tier, you've still got an endless sea of gear (like in BFA) it just drops far less frequently, and you've also still got the absolutely gigantic ilvl range within a single tier, from the ilvl171 heroic gear to the ilvl233 mythic raid gear.

Imagine gear in Molten core extended to Naxx quality, it definitely wouldn't feel great to be rocking BRD items. In TBC Dragonspine Trophy from T4 was still the best trinket when you entered Sunwell (3 tiers later), in modern WoW your gear becomes obsolete several times per tier, and completely obsolete with the release of a new content patch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    In TBC Dragonspine Trophy from T4 was still the best trinket when you entered Sunwell (3 tiers later), in modern WoW your gear becomes obsolete several times per tier, and completely obsolete with the release of a new content patch.
    There was also Majestic Dragon Figurine for healers and Illustration of the Dragon Soul for damage casters in WotLK that dropped off Sarth 10/25 that were used all throughout the expansion. There were also Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether (ankh type trinket) and Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon (allow 100% mana regen upon cast proc) from vanilla that were still used all the way through WotLK and Twisting Nether was even used in arena because it could happen in arena.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-01-22 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You completely miss the point of those sentiments. Modern expansions have the entire of Classic gear progression within 1 tier, you've still got an endless sea of gear (like in BFA) it just drops far less frequently, and you've also still got the absolutely gigantic ilvl range within a single tier, from the ilvl171 heroic gear to the ilvl233 mythic raid gear.

Imagine gear in Molten core extended to Naxx quality, it definitely wouldn't feel great to be rocking BRD items. In TBC Dragonspine Trophy from T4 was still the best trinket when you entered Sunwell (3 tiers later), in modern WoW your gear becomes obsolete several times per tier, and completely obsolete with the release of a new content patch.
    I’m not sure how many people still want older tier stuff to remain good.

When razer coral and font were still BiS even in Ny’alotha for example it didn’t seem to go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If you do heroic content you get heroic loot. I don't know how that's a joke item level. Yes, doing a high key should not award better items, don't know why m+ loot gets upgraded, probably because else noone would run m+, because most players don't like ogogo mentality.

Gearing is absolutely fine right now. It's just not loot shower like in BfA and Legion. PvP got thrown a bone this expansion after relying on PvE loot for ages, so that's fine by me. PvE could use some alternative to prevent you from getting nothing, Ion already admitted that. So expect maybe the return of Valor and Justice next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting less loot is not the problem. Getting low gear is what is the problem. If I do +15 keys I want something more than just one item choice per week.