Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why would you care about their blacklist? Am I missing something? It's not like you want to play with these people anyway.

I would do exactly what you want to do. Grind the shit outta it to make it harder for them.
    you cant do it alone,people runing in good groups is the way to go,also i get his frustration,but this method is literaly the most practical to get it done for as many people as posible,he should just go along or find a dead realm

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    don't bother the rankings, just play that what you have to, don't focus on rankings,

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    This has to stop.

This is my 2nd attempt to get rank 10, because my first attempt was distrubed by PVP REALM SPECIFIC DISCORD "Community" telliing me that I need to agree on a weekly cap so that different nabs will get their 14 rank ASAP or else get Blacklisted on the realm.

I am aiming to no life it till I get my rank 10 ASAP. The specific date that the discord gave me will make things longer.

You don't own the game, and I will personally report those who harrass me.

You don't like the grind and hate competition? Imma go 100k honor a day to get you more mad.

/rant over.
    Insular realm communities turning into overly controlling circlejerks? Oh my, i'd never have guessed.

Have you considered taking this up with someone who might be able to do something avout this, or is ranting the extent of your ambitions?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Blacklisting can amount to more than just people not grouping with you. A motivated community can certainly sabotage your efforts.
    I doubt people who don't give a crap about ranking will go out of their way to sabotage someone who didn't comply to a group's artificial rules. Or even care enough to refuse grouping with said person.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I doubt people who don't give a crap about ranking will go out of their way to sabotage someone who didn't comply to a group's artificial rules. Or even care enough to refuse grouping with said person.
    You doubt wrong then.

You doubt wrong then.
    Mmmmk .. if you say so

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Mmmmk .. if you say so
    It is not going out of their way. It is the way it affects the rankings. I'm using made up numbers here.

Say the cap is 10k. OP gets 15k nolifing solo. The premades will just run and make the cap 16k to prevent OP from getting what they need and ensuring that everyone in their community gets whats needed.

Blacklisting can amount to more than just people not grouping with you. A motivated community can certainly sabotage your efforts.
    Then he can report them for harassment? Guy pays the same sub fee as these assholes, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Then he can report them for harassment? Guy pays the same sub fee as these assholes, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    And they can group up and kill him trying to ruin their efforts. Let's see who has more success.

I mean, you could join their efforts and not screw over the guys going for R14. When you hit bracket 1, you stop other people from hitting it completely baring their progress. If you are just going for R10 then you being a few brackets lower just slows you down a little bit, it doesn't completely stop you from gaining rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is a serious thread... ?

It can't be.
    Well, it's not too unbelievable if you consider what lengths people went to during scarab lord time.

if all you care about is rank 10, go nuts. but yeah, hope rank 10 is all you'll want and ever want. i'd just play by their rules if it only delays you a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    It is not going out of their way. It is the way it affects the rankings. I'm using made up numbers here.

Say the cap is 10k. OP gets 15k nolifing solo. The premades will just run and make the cap 16k to prevent OP from getting what they need and ensuring that everyone in their community gets whats needed.
    Well, isn't that how that system should work? It's a ranking after all. The biggest no-lifer gets the price.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, isn't that how that system should work? It's a ranking after all. The biggest no-lifer gets the price.
    the biggest no lifer on his own will lose to lesser no lifers working together.

now ofc, if you can find a whole team of no lifers you can hold all the rank 1 spots hostage if you want, but that's an awful lot of no lifers to find let alone keep motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Except the people that the OP is talking about are a group that came together to try to make R14 obtainable at a reasonable pace for everyone that wants it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    100% guaranteed the discord had someone message him like "Hey, we've got a community together who're aiming to get as many people get rank 14 asap, could you slow down your grind so it doesn't mess our stuff up, we're happy to help you get your ranks asap as well", and this dude just flipped his shit at the AUDACITY of people nicely asking him to help them out.
    This. Sounds like the Classic PvP community is coming together to get as many people at Rank 14 so they can get 'the good stuff' and PvP on an even level with one another, doing cool community things for each other, and OP is mad because he still subscribes to the egocentric worldview the modern game encourages.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    That's not how it should work, it should be whomever follows the rules of the game and performs, not who kisses a groups ass and sings kumbaya with them or waits in line like a brainless loser. I knew someone irl that that earned GM during real classic and he didn't kiss anyones ass, he simply no-lifed it and outdid everyone else.
    It does in retail.
    Thats not how it worked in vanilla however and it seems like the same is true for classic.
    People got what they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can do as he pleases, but the PvP community is in no way, shape, or form obligated to play nice with him if he's being a jerk. Blacklisting is not harassment, it's people telling you you're an asshole and showing you the door.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Grand ideals completly undermined by blackmailing. They can do it if they want. But threatening someone to be essentially blacklisted on a realm because he wants to play like HE wants which is his right... i would make screenshots of everything and report them. All of them. Hope they get banned. Shitheads.
    its not blackmail to refuse to group with someone who is pushing group content

In fact, literally, no one is forcing him to be a part of that discord OR his servers PVP community. If he thinks he can do 100k a day alone without a coordinated group then there can be no blacklist.

But if he is going to depend on those people to get his win % high enough to farm 100k honor a day hes going to need to kiss the ring i guess.

At the end of the day this is only proof that the classic community is actually good, and strong and fair and the OP is unreasonable especially if he expects to get invited to coordinated PVP with people whose faces hes spittin on.

-EDIT-
    At the end of the day if he tries to push 100k a day and fuck up the brackets the community will work around that and avoid working with him directly. We had people on my server do that and if they ended up in in a BG with a coordinated group by chance (random que) they wouldnt sabotage him because that would be sabotaging the team. They wouldnt go out of their way to group with him for ques though and thats on the person who decided to go it alone
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2021-01-23 at 06:42 PM.

why are you responding to me as if im defending them...literally just explaining what happens.