Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We are two months in and you yell content drought, rofl.
    becuase it IS. there is no content. except "go farm borima"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    It just adds to the chore load, The game is fine for what it is atm.
    u must be unsubbed cause the game is not fine....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I'll take their word over someone declaring the opposite with nothing to back it up. You basically said "Blizzard is lying and I know the truth. Trust me". So, show me your proof that it did affect them.
    you need someone to explain you that a pandemic effects EVERYONE? are you 5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just 2 months into the expac and people are throwing around "content drought" already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Frankly, if that is really the case, then I have to say that's pathetic. I never would have figured SL for a content drought expansion. They assured us time and again that the pandemic wasn't noticeably affecting their production, especially as its digital and can easily be worked at from home.

Shadowlands is now fully 2 months old and there hasn't even been a shred of info on a 9.1 PTR, let alone an actual release. Legion had its 7.1 "Karazhan" patch released to the live servers less than 2 months after launch, so we are now on track for mirroring BfA's godawful release schedule and seeing the .1 patch approximately 4 months after expansion release.

I feel that mass unsubs are just on the horizon.
    def. for those that were not trciked into 6 month sub and fairy wings or those that payed 5 million to be a npc in trashcanibos

Ofc they are. What else would they show the wow players? We can expect something for Diablo4 & OW2. Besides that, theres nothing. So they save wow related stuff for that so people get hyped about it.

SL havent been that long out either. You should also expect PTR builds quickly after Blizzconline and new patch not long after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just play other games man

They can't pump out content every 2 months during a pandemic
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    from what i have seen, wow has become the next wc3 reforged track and is on pair with quality of execution.

content will only get worse and worse from here on (if they can actualy deliver some)

10+ Year Old Account
    appears its just more people getting bored quicker with shadowlands. have to say this expansion seems a lot more of a chore imo, but meh my steam library getting a workout

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Frankly, if that is really the case, then I have to say that's pathetic. I never would have figured SL for a content drought expansion. They assured us time and again that the pandemic wasn't noticeably affecting their production, especially as its digital and can easily be worked at from home.

Shadowlands is now fully 2 months old and there hasn't even been a shred of info on a 9.1 PTR, let alone an actual release. Legion had its 7.1 "Karazhan" patch released to the live servers less than 2 months after launch, so we are now on track for mirroring BfA's godawful release schedule and seeing the .1 patch approximately 4 months after expansion release.

Keep in mind though that the initial response, even from Blizzard, to that patch was "TOO SOON!"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize expansion patches always vary right and there is no concrete schedule?

MoP - Launch was September 25. Patch 5.1 was November 27 [63 days]
    WOD - Launch was November 13. Patch 6.1 was February 24 [103 days]
    Legion - Launch was August 30. Patch 7.1 was October 25 8 [56 days]
    BFA - Launch was August 14. Patch 8.1 was December 11 [119 days]
    Shadowlands - Launch was November 23. No 9.1 as of today January 26 [64 days]
    Uh.. that data kind of supports OP's point. With the exception of WoD and BfA, which were just beyond 3 months, every thing else was around 2 months. Which is about... now. If they hold 9.1 announce until the Blizzcon Online event then it's at least 2 weeks after that and more likely 3-4 which puts it at least as far out as BfA.

I think the bigger issue will be whether the do .x5 patches in between the big ones. It's one thing to have big patches every ~4 months with .x5 patches in the middle. It's another to have nothing for 4-5 months at a shot.

For all the 'omg there's so much to do' crowd... there's really not. As always, there's a lot you CAN do, but most of it is make work or not at all urgent. For example, yes, I can gather hundreds of anima per day by clearing all WQs, but nothing in my sanctum is really worth the effort of grinding like that. Of the 2-3 WQs that give conduits, none or maybe one is good for my specs (resto/balance). Maw? Again, why do I really care about Venari rep?

Once you gear to about 195-200, more gear is really only needed if you're pushing keys or raiding heroic. Other than that, it's just the same old WoW stuff which you can do at a fast, moderate or slow pace.

What a perfect example of how Blizz cannot win no matter what they do.

It's been 2 months since launch. 64 days. If Blizz had released a patch already, it would have either been almost completely recycled content or things that people will say should have been in the game upon release but weren't included. Either way, the forums would be on fire with people pissed off that Blizzard was being lazy. And even now, when they look to be on pace to match their 4-6 month schedule for major patches, here we have people complaining that they are too slow.

You guys wanna know why it seems like Blizzard doesn't listen to the players? Bullshit like this is why. No matter what, they're gonna get shit on so they're just gonna do what they wanna do when they want to do it and anyone who doesn't like it can pound sand. And honestly most of us would probably have the same attitude in that situation.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Why would we need more dungeons or dailies, Weeklies etc tho?

It just adds to the chore load, The game is fine for what it is atm.
    I agree, this doesnt solve anything only adds more things to the chorelist. I have honestly have no idea how to fix shadowlands.

Yeah, to people who aren't addicted, this is the situation. 90% of the expansion is littered with low quality chore work and people are starting to get tired of it.
    People that aren't addicted are precisely the ones not affected by low quality chore work. They ignore the maw. They just do their weekly cap of anima and are done, that takes like 20 minutes on two days. The casuals just do the things that are fun, because in SL you can. They do what they want and are happy.

The addicts are the ones that have problems now:
    Less dopamine boosts because of lessened gear drops. There is tons of content right now, but this content does not award gear. So no dopamine boost for the addict, contrary to Legion and BfA, where in the former you were essentially gambling for legendaries and in both gambling for TF procs. No such thing in SL, so to them it seems like there is no content, since there is no way to get their fix.
    The casuals have no problem. The addicts do.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    People that aren't addicted are precisely the ones not affected by low quality chore work. They ignore the maw. They just do their weekly cap of anima and are done, that takes like 20 minutes on two days. The casuals just do the things that are fun, because in SL you can. They do what they want and are happy.

The addicts are the ones that have problems now:
    Less dopamine boosts because of lessened gear drops. There is tons of content right now, but this content does not award gear. So no dopamine boost for the addict, contrary to Legion and BfA, where in the former you were essentially gambling for legendaries and in both gambling for TF procs. No such thing in SL, so to them it seems like there is no content, since there is no way to get their fix.
    The casuals have no problem. The addicts do.
    This. I am a casual and I’m overwhelmed with things to do. This week due to TW weekly i did not even have time to do my 2 layer 6 runs in Torghast, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just 2 months into the expac and people are throwing around "content drought" already?
    You just have to be honest with yourself and admit that except for core things like mythic+ spam, raiding and good old pvp there is not really much. And yes, that wears on the nerves at some point and gets boring extremely quickly. If you are one of the kind who only play 3 or 4 hours a week then sure, there is plenty for you to do.

A small story patch would be fine, but I’m hoping the next raid doesn’t come until at least early May. I would be fine with early June (6 months for the tier, with the holidays break having most people lose 2 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh.. that data kind of supports OP's point. With the exception of WoD and BfA, which were just beyond 3 months, every thing else was around 2 months. Which is about... now. If they hold 9.1 announce until the Blizzcon Online event then it's at least 2 weeks after that and more likely 3-4 which puts it at least as far out as BfA.
    If you are looking at only the dates then sure it does. If you break down the patches then no it doesn't support any of it. Not to mention we are still in a pandemic so even adding on a month's worth of time to account for the pandemic it is still pretty much on schedule.

Looking at the dates and the amount of content on each shows that everything is fine and 9.1 is still on a decent schedule.

I think the bigger issue will be whether the do .x5 patches in between the big ones. It's one thing to have big patches every ~4 months with .x5 patches in the middle. It's another to have nothing for 4-5 months at a shot.
    When I was looking at the patch data there wasn't really any X.0.5 patch between launch and the X.1.0 patch other than some bugfix patches. Nothing indicates that the next patch will be a small one.

For all the 'omg there's so much to do' crowd... there's really not. As always, there's a lot you CAN do, but most of it is make work or not at all urgent. For example, yes, I can gather hundreds of anima per day by clearing all WQs, but nothing in my sanctum is really worth the effort of grinding like that. Of the 2-3 WQs that give conduits, none or maybe one is good for my specs (resto/balance). Maw? Again, why do I really care about Venari rep?
    No, the problem is that there is a lot of content to do but players only wish to participate in a fraction of it. That doesn't mean there is nothing to do. It just means that there is nothing you (not you as in you, but you as in anyone) want to do.

We have:

• Raids
    • World Quests
    • Mythic+
    • Torghast / Twisting Corridors
    • Pet Battles
    • PvP
    • Covenant Campaigns (4 different stories you can do)
    • Anima (Just clumping it altogether)
    • Various farming for items
    • Likely much more I'm forgetting

Now I am not saying that the above is for everyone or that everyone should do it. The thing is there is still a lot of content for people to do, but you can't equate it to "I don't want to do it so there's not much to do".

If you are someone who plays a ton each day you might find you run out of activities for the week or start to get bored of them and that's fine. For most of the player base who spend only a few hours each day / week they can be overwhelmed with various activities they want to get done.

Maw? Again, why do I really care about Venari rep?
    As for the Ve'nari comment I wanted to single that one out some (and this isn't directed towards you) but farming Ve'nari rep is very helpful. It'll give you boosts for the Maw, Torghast and at exalted you have access to being able to put sockets on your gear. This was a main complaint of people who were upset that while the gear may be BiS if it was missing a socket it was "useless".

Once you gear to about 195-200, more gear is really only needed if you're pushing keys or raiding heroic. Other than that, it's just the same old WoW stuff which you can do at a fast, moderate or slow pace.
    Which if that doesn't interest people then perhaps the game isn't for them? That or it's time for them to unsub and come back the following patch. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but that doesn't change all the available activities still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    This is such a cope.

Low quality content is low quality content, just because you treat WoW like any other game and don't play it much, doesn't mean you all of a sudden don't mind the absolute state of shit 90% of the game is in. That's not how this has ever worked.

What content drought the raid has only been out 6 weeks??? They're not going to be pumping out patches every month my dude, never going to happen after the shit show that was Warlords when they tried to be overly ambitious and failed. Even Legion had 22 week cycles between major patches. As per your comment related to Karazhan, they've openly admitted that Karazhan came out too quickly after launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is such a cope.

Low quality content is low quality content, just because you treat WoW like any other game and don't play it much, doesn't mean you all of a sudden don't mind the absolute state of shit 90% of the game is in. That's not how this has ever worked.
    Isnt "low quality content" an opinion and not fact. WoW is a game where you create your own adventure and set your own goals. If you dont have goals move on? Some blizzard employee isnt going to read your rage and be like. You know, Balls balls balls balls is right.

This is such a cope.

Want I want from WoW: Fun raids and dungeons and functioning classes. What does SL have? Exactly that. In addition I make gold from professions, run Torghast here and there and level my followers on the mission table and a pet battle in between. I enjoy that and it takes nearly no time. 90% of my time in WoW is spend doing things that I like. The rest is travel time and the maw.

I honestly don't know what you're doing in the game. Dungeons are better than ever. The raid also is pretty good. I can't comment on PvP. What else is/was there ever to do in WoW? Why do you even play WoW, what content was better than the content we have now, that you can say that 90% of it is low quality?

I repeat my statement: WoW is fine except for those addicted to loot drops.