Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

First look at the Wandering Ancient mount.

Just so people stop asking where the mount is.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I saw some complaining that it's reusing a rig but I don't see it. The arms are lower than the infernal (if that's the model on the right).

Even if they are, all the mounts except MAYBE the book were going to use an existing rig anyway. They aren't making a new animation rig for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I saw some complaining that it's reusing a rig but I don't see it. The arms are lower than the infernal (if that's the model on the right).

Even if they are, all the mounts except MAYBE the book were going to use an existing rig anyway. They aren't making a new animation rig for free.
    Even the book would have used the Legion Mage mount rig.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

its beautiful but the problem with big mounts is that nobody uses them, they are not practical, they just sit there in the collection, just like that hound from molten core event, its beautiful but u cant rly use it alot, small mounts are the best, the smaller the better, the rooster mount for example or the pig mount

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    its beautiful but the problem with big mounts is that nobody uses them, they are not practical, they just sit there in the collection, just like that hound from molten core event, its beautiful but u cant rly use it alot, small mounts are the best, the smaller the better, the rooster mount for example or the pig mount
    They also feel slow - i know they are not slow, but they do tend to "feel" quite sluggish. I usually just swap between raven lord and the white chicken from like.....mgt? i think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They also feel slow - i know they are not slow, but they do tend to "feel" quite sluggish. I usually just swap between raven lord and the white chicken from like.....mgt? i think?

Feels super slow lol I know its not a different speed than lets say a horse but i always find myself swapping to a "faster feeling" mount.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh I am glad I am not the only one who has this feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I have a frog mount. I like the looks of it, but I NEVER use it, simply because the animation of it makes it feel like it's not as fast as a horse or dragon. I also have the sky golem and I only use that on my herbalists. Because it feels too big and bulky, but the ability to pick flowers while mounted makes up for it.

This tree thing?

I'll add it to the collection and be done with it. Big, bulky, will most likely feel slow, certainly impractical getting through small spaces and doorways.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..which is why I just can't bring myself to play a Tauren. I know they move at the same speed as other classes...but feel sluggish.

Which is also why I usually disregard any thread that has "Am I the only one or does feature xyz "feel" shite...."

Yeah...it is feelings....and I hate how they mess with me. It is like "Oh, I saw it with my own eyes" - "yeah..look at this optical illusion" - your eyes and feelings mess with you. Your brain messes with you...
    I don't mind RAIDING on a moocow, but I find leveling them completely painful.

They'll probably throw it in as a "freebie" (yes, I'm aware it was always going to be free) during or soon after Blizzconline. If we have to wait until 9.1 it'll be almost entirely pointless as we'll be unlocking flying by then, assuming Blizzard hasn't changed their minds about that yet.

While the book is less.. Original, I'd still rather have taken the book or even the arachnid flying mount as those at least would've seen continued use. Cool as it might be, the treant will be so unwieldy and impractical that there's almost a 0% chance I'll ever use it on any character ever.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-02-01 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

Let's be honest, I'm using either corridor creeper or the herbalism mount pretty exclusively at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    But, it mentioned flapping, and you'd ride the spine, so the book would be vertical, not horizonal. There's a good chance it'd use a moth skin.
    or just the body of a legless, headless horse

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    or just the body of a legless, headless horse
    I'm blaming you for imagining somebody riding around on a horse torso.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice, can't wait to use it exactly once and then shove it to the very back of the mount journal.

Big mounts suck.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm blaming you for imagining somebody riding around on a horse torso.
    well, now i kinda do it aswell. "Reigns of the headless horsema-ount"

cool...but way to big...my go to mount has been urzul since it came out,it just feels and looks so compact,and no silly noises

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    well, now i kinda do it aswell. "Reigns of the headless horsema-ount"
    Reigns of the Headless Horseman's Headless Horsemanhorse
    "I think we forgot something..."

I don't even remember what the other possible choices were.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I don't even remember what the other possible choices were.
    Some kind of flyerspider mount, which many people thought was going to be an actual spider, but sadface, flying book and a cat or something.

I think the outcome was that many people just trolled and went for the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Last time I used a big mount was griefing Alliance raiders in Naxx with our mammoths on the summoning stone. Can't stand large mounts. I exclusively use my depleted kyparium rocket. Nice and compact.