Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where is Vindicator Maraad?

So... if im thinking about someone who EITHER lived a life of service or a life of fighting "who isnt done fighting" I think Vindicator Maraad. Yall remember him right? went with us through the dark portal in WoD and died in spectacular fashion? Yes? good.

I figured we would find him in either Bastion or Maldraxxus for either of those broad criteria we got for why anyone would be sent to those particular realms of the Shadowlands.

Do yall think we will see him? if so, which zone? or is he just gonna be another really awesome character we will regretfully miss in SL?

You won’t find everybody that’s ever died just keep that in mind. Yeah he was a special character but blizzard won’t out everyone in there for us to find. He might be already a Kyrian as well and let go and forgotten who he was so you might never find him. He might have died in a zones attack and won’t ever be found again...but I wouldn’t lose sleep over not seeing a specific character in the shadowlands

Well he did die in AU Draenor so its higly possible he never found rest

That said, if all Garrosh gets is a cameo I think its pretty safe to assume he aint ever coming

Besides hes such a minor character.
    An'u belore delen'na

3+ Year Old Account
    he's probably in one of the other 43242342342342 afterlives

but personally he should've been made as the 4th Horseman instead of Darion
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    he's probably in one of the other 43242342342342 afterlives

but personally he should've been made as the 4th Horseman instead of Darion
    Or nazgrim, pure fan service
    An'u belore delen'na

fair enough. i just figured with all the misc npcs that could just have a cameo without having a story beat we coulda had him, just a character that stuck with me since his death was a pretty heavy plot point in a cinematic.

Probably still in Auchindoun?

He's in Auchindoun.

Maybe we'll find out why draenei kept souls in Auchindoun instead of the Shadowlands since we're in an expansion dealing with the afterlife. But i'm not going to get my hopes up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paktu View Post
    So... if im thinking about someone who EITHER lived a life of service or a life of fighting "who isnt done fighting" I think Vindicator Maraad. Yall remember him right? went with us through the dark portal in WoD and died in spectacular fashion? Yes? good.

I figured we would find him in either Bastion or Maldraxxus for either of those broad criteria we got for why anyone would be sent to those particular realms of the Shadowlands.

Do yall think we will see him? if so, which zone? or is he just gonna be another really awesome character we will regretfully miss in SL?
    Since that soul prison(auchidon) was intact when we left Au drenor he’s probably in there assuming gorefiend didn’t eat him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paktu View Post

i wouldn't think bastion would be for maraad. he was haunted pretty badly by that group of women and children he let get slaughtered. which is why he fights so hard to protect people. he is definitely more of a maldraxxus. but you have to keep in mind, even if blizz wasn't being lazy af, they can't fit every person into an expansion. there could also be the case he went to a different area of the shadowlands we don't know about yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    He's in Auchindoun.

Maybe we'll find out why draenei kept souls in Auchindoun instead of the Shadowlands since we're in an expansion dealing with the afterlife. But i'm not going to get my hopes up.
    didn't au gorefiend EAT all the souls in auchindoun? so then maraads soul is just completely gone then.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    didn't au gorefiend EAT all the souls in auchindoun? so then maraads soul is just completely gone then.
    I don't think so. But who knows, WoD's story was cut short because Blizzard removed the middle patch. We never saw how Gorefiend got from Auchindoun to Hellfire Citadel.

You do visit Maraad in there during one of Yrel's quest lines, so he was definitely in there.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Or nazgrim, pure fan service
    Nazgrim's fine imo, too many humans
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Assuming Auchindoun breaks in some eventuality of infinite time and the SL eventually gets him, there are infinite Shadowlands. He could be in any of them. Maybe the Light one that Bridenbrad supposedly went to.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-02-04 at 07:04 AM.

He is currently flexing on my desk

But on serious note, in a few days, during Blizzcon, hopefully TBC release date will be revealed. Vindication will return as its disappearance was merely a setback
    Last edited by Primohastat; 2021-02-04 at 08:03 AM.

He's either still in AU Auchindoun, as we interned him there with Yrel, or he's been made into a Vigilant as a part of Yrel's Lightbound Army. I think I'd prefer the latter, as he was easily the coolest draenei character, and it'd be a shame for them to not take advantage of such an obvious opportunity to bring him back without just reversing his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's in Auchindoun.

There's a good chance the draenei didn't even really know about the inner workings of the Shadowlands. I'd say they very likely knew about the grey limbo part of it that rests over the material world, which we see in-game when we die, but as for the inner realms themselves, it seems very few mortals really knew about their existence before now. If anything, the vast majority of mortals seemed to have misunderstood the Shadowlands. Chronicle itself described them as "nightmarish realms of decay", which we now know isn't true, save for a few key realms like the Maw and maybe Maldraxxus.

The draenei would have kept their dead in Auchindoun as a means of preserving them and not losing them to the mysterious afterlife, no doubt. They live for a crazy long time, I can only imagine how much it would hurt them to lose loved ones and important figures after thousands of years. Some people might assume they did it to attack the Shadowlands and prevent them from gaining anima or something but I highly doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    He's either still in AU Auchindoun, as we interned him there with Yrel, or he's been made into a Vigilant as a part of Yrel's Lightbound Army. I think I'd prefer the latter, as he was easily the coolest draenei character, and it'd be a shame for them to not take advantage of such an obvious opportunity to bring him back without just reversing his death.
    I actually really dig this idea. I always felt like it was a mistake that they killed Maraad off when they did. He still had a lot of potential, and the draenei are short enough on important characters as it is. We might not be able to get him back in the flesh, but putting his soul into a vigilant would definitely work, and would make a lot of sense too.

He's in Auchindoun.

This would be a very good way to tie in the Draenei heritage armor questline + the Light's presence in Revendreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    There's a good chance the draenei didn't even really know about the inner workings of the Shadowlands. I'd say they very likely knew about the grey limbo part of it that rests over the material world, which we see in-game when we die, but as for the inner realms themselves, it seems very few mortals really knew about their existence before now. If anything, the vast majority of mortals seemed to have misunderstood the Shadowlands. Chronicle itself described them as "nightmarish realms of decay", which we now know isn't true, save for a few key realms like the Maw and maybe Maldraxxus.

The draenei would have kept their dead in Auchindoun as a means of preserving them and not losing them to the mysterious afterlife, no doubt. They live for a crazy long time, I can only imagine how much it would hurt them to lose loved ones and important figures after thousands of years. Some people might assume they did it to attack the Shadowlands and prevent them from gaining anima or something but I highly doubt it.
    That's possible, but draenei have a bigger connection to Death magic than most other races(except Forsaken). Even back on Argus before the Legion they were practicing Death magic and soulbinding. Death magic really only died off for draenei because the orcs killed it.

It's probably too much to hope for that Blizzard will delve into any of this draenei related stuff though.

Theory: He's been reincarnated into one of those Colossi constructs ala Socrethar, and now serves as one of Yrel's chief advisors and general of the Lightbound forces.

He will most likely be a secondary antagonist in the Lightbound patch. Since Blizzard is bent on white-washing everything wrong the Iron Horde did in AU Draenor by turning Yrel and her genocided people into the villains.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. But who knows, WoD's story was cut short because Blizzard removed the middle patch. We never saw how Gorefiend got from Auchindoun to Hellfire Citadel.
    Are you sure? I have vague memories of encountering him as Gorefiend in Taladar in one of the patches... didn't Gul'dan invite him to Hellfire Citadel? Or am I not recalling this accurately?