Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

will TBC bring us back the non toxic community and non min/max culture?

In retail there is this min/max and "gogo" toxic thing in dungeons and basically everywhere. People only seem to care about parsing and minmaxing their characters.

I started in TBC and I do hope TBC will bring us the old age community back and we leave the min/max behind that is currently in retail WoW. Don't get me wrong I like retail raiding and doing things with my guild but I would like different version of WoW where every random isn't that toxic or minmaxer.

I remember doing 5 man HC and it took long while being noob and there was no hurry, no "gogo" yelling whatsoever and we laughed at wipes. Oh and the feeling seeing fully T4/T5 geared player in IF while you were still in blues! Epics be epics again.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2021-02-06 at 11:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because these thing did not exist in TBC, eh? New Classic expansion, new rose tinted glasses on.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    In retail there is this min/max and "gogo" toxic thing in dungeons and basically everywhere. People only seem to care about parsing and minmaxing their characters.

I started in TBC and I do hope TBC will bring us the old age community back and we leave the min/max behind that is currently in retail WoW. Don't get me wrong I like retail raiding and doing things with my guild but I would like different version of WoW where every random isn't that toxic or minmaxer.

I remember doing 5 man HC and it took long while being noob and there was no hurry, no "gogo" yelling whatsoever and we laughed at wipes. Oh and the feeling seeing fully T4/T5 geared player in IF while you were still in blues! Epics be epics again.
    no, im afraid its here to stay. Just look at what happened in Classic, all the World buff meta, min max'ing those buffs, timing them etc.

Theres still a place for casual play,. just find likeminded people and play with them. Thats what I did and still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Because these thing did not exist in TBC, eh?
    Yes they existed but wasn't THAT common like now in retail.

If Classic didn't change it, why would BC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Sadly those days are gone. TBC is going to be just the same as classic. People have done TBC once, so now they want to do it all faster and better. They have already planned out how to get full crafted gear in week 1 of launch and clear all the raid content in the first reset. If you want to poodle around in dungeons in a sub optimal spec and not have a care in the world you should be ready to be kicked from that dungeon.
    That said. If you want to experience TBC at your own pace im sure there are other like minded players out there like yourself. The best thing you could do would be to find a nice relaxed guild/community who are looking to play at a similar level to you.

The min maxers will suck evey last bit of joy and magic out of tbc just like they did in classic.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

no lol git gud nerds

The genie's out of the bottle for that.

TBC was very much the min/max culture, it increased the trend that's kept on growing over the last 15 years. The raids especially initially required extreme class stacking, not just for the top guilds but I remember it percolated down a lot longer (looking at you Shamans...)

Today there's no reason to think it won't stay like Classic is, people know all the content already and therefor have optimised the hell out of it

The problem is basically "why do things slow when you can do them fast". People know how to play the classes to good potential. Best talents are known by everyone with 2 fingers and Google. So are BiS lists / enchants / sockets. There is nothing that makes you go "oh wow, I didn't know that, that will make my character so much better".

So yeah, people expect you to be functioning player, not dead weight.

Ahahahahahaaaa

Hmm. What a toxic thing to say! Maybe join a toxic community of toxic people who toxically does not accept people who play the other way than the toxic community wants them to play?

Imagine there being a thing where you can create a voice + chat community for such toxic non go go community. Or In-Game feature where those toxic people could circle jerk themselves under single name about how much better their toxic approach to the game is than that other gaming style!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The min maxers will suck evey last bit of joy and magic out of tbc just like they did in classic.
    Yeah, I can remember being declined on my guild application because of my AGE and CLASS I was playing. At least no one gives a fuck about age or gender if you are good in those "toxic" min maxing communities.

Well, I would suggest that people like you, that derogatory calls other people "toxic" and such, should find like-minded people to play with, where you can enjoy doing a dungeon at twice the pace of people that enjoy to play the game in another way.

As far as I know there is no LFD in TBC, so nobody forces you to play with people that enjoy being good and efficient.
    So find people like yourself to do dungeons and raids with, because I can ensure you that those that don't enjoy to play with toxic wilfully bad players (see I can also use the "toxic-card") will find like-minded people to play with - and you are not one of them.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-02-06 at 12:21 PM.

The min/max mentality has always been here.

Yes they existed but wasn't THAT common like now in retail.
    Yes it was lmao.

It wasn't a thing if u were leveling or just starting endgame.

Can't wait when reality hits for you guys and then you will blame it on the "min/maxers" and "retailers" even though everyone incl. YOU will be like that.

I enjoy classic for what it is, but ffs you guys are fucking delusional with those rose tinted glasses. The community isn't worse at the moment, it's always been this way. You just didn't play at this level before then or forgot how it was like.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-06 at 12:29 PM.

No, because it existed back then as well.

It's only going to get worse with current gen of players, exactly the same way it got worse with Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    no, im afraid its here to stay. Just look at what happened in Classic, all the World buff meta, min max'ing those buffs, timing them etc.

Theres still a place for casual play,. just find likeminded people and play with them. Thats what I did and still do.
    The world buff meta was commom back in vanilla if you raided. Nothing has changed.

In TBC it was hard to get into pug dungeon groups if you weren't a meta dps class (ie mage, lock, rogue, hunter). There was min-maxing in that people weren't invited if they were in pvp gear, you would get inspected to see if you had enchants, hit cap etc. I don't know where OP gets this idea that everyone in TBC was a total noob casual.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    In TBC it was hard to get into pug dungeon groups if you weren't a meta dps class (ie mage, lock, rogue, hunter). There was min-maxing in that people weren't invited if they were in pvp gear, you would get inspected to see if you had enchants, hit cap etc. I don't know where OP gets this idea that everyone in TBC was a total noob casual.
    And did those that played "non-meta classes" or wore the "wrong gear" spend their energy on complaining that the "meta people" didn't want to play with them like they do now instead of finding "non-meta" people to play with?

It just baffles me that "non-meta" and "chill" people don't try to organize themselves and play with like-minded people instead of trying to force the "meta people" to play like they want. Very strange behaviour.