Page 95 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Should have had a goal at 4-0 though. I hate how VAR rules on hairline offsides.
    9-0 is still a right thumping though, let's not be greedy now

beating up the academy kids with a full strength team, rough.

im expecting another 12 points from palace, next 4 games are winnable. Hopefully zaha isnt too badly injured. Would like to see the new lad though.

Should have had a goal at 4-0 though. I hate how VAR rules on hairline offsides.
    People should be more careful. Offside is offside.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple yes or no decision, the line has to be somewhere; you put a fuzzy margin in, you'll still be complaining it's a hair outside the margin. It's basically the one thing I think VAR is actually good for.

Manchester United smashed Southampton and what we are left with after the game is "VAR is shite". That says alot of what people think of it. The beautiful game is ruined by it and alot of people are to blind to see it. Eventually they will, in a couple of years. With the addition of VAR, its going to be like opening pandoras box.

Gladly im not forced to watch the leagues that have VAR, so thats good.

Looks like City will take the league this year. I havent watched alot of games, but they seem strong. Stable and strong. MUFC & LFC are both looking sharp but at the same time unstable and seems somethings off. LFC might feel fatigue.

Winning 9-0 is nice and all but we'll still finish this season without any trophies unfortunately. I think also you can't understate playing with 10 men (and later on 9), that's really what gave us this game on a platter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    9-0 is still a right thumping though, let's not be greedy now
    Their disallowed goal, not another for United.

VAR is meant to turn over clear and obvious errors. When you need to zoom in twice on a line to figure out who's fingertips are ahead it is neither clear nor obvious.

Should have been 8-1
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their disallowed goal, not another for United.

VAR is meant to turn over clear and obvious errors. When you need to zoom in twice on a line to figure out who's fingertips are ahead it is neither clear nor obvious.

Should have been 8-1
    Oh, my bad. Didn't see the match as I was sleep deprived, but watched highlights and it didn't show their disallowed goal o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Oh, my bad. Didn't see the match as I was sleep deprived, but watched highlights and it didn't show their disallowed goal o_O

"Clear and obvious"

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. That said I feel if VAR is actually used properly, it would benefit the game. I often compare it to VAR in Rugby but they're 2 very different games, so maybe I shouldn't, but at least it's used decently there, or at least 99% of the time.

"Clear and obvious"
    One thing I didn't understand about this call is what they say is a part of the arm that can play the ball. They didn't rule the Southampton strikers knee offside, they said his arm was offside. On the replay, it looks like they drew the line from the armband on his sleeve. Which is nothing short of ridiculous.

didn't the old rule used to say clear daylight between the defender and attacker? VAR is fucking dumb, just leave it for the goal line, and maybe save it for really bad decisions, maybe give the captains a challenge once a half.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One thing I didn't understand about this call is what they say is a part of the arm that can play the ball. They didn't rule the Southampton strikers knee offside, they said his arm was offside. On the replay, it looks like they drew the line from the armband on his sleeve. Which is nothing short of ridiculous.
    It is ridiculous. There was some effort made to define the point where the shoulder ends and the arm begins, but it's basically impossible to tell from anything other than your shirt or an armband, which means that it can be longer or shorter depending on kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Cant wait for commercial breaks during VAR! Will be so great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Always an emotional day, even without a game. Forever remembering the Flowers of Manchester today.

63 years after so many young men lost their lives, United are apparently set to give another 18 year old his first team debut, hoping to see what Diallo can bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always an emotional day, even without a game. Forever remembering the Flowers of Manchester today.

63 years after so many young men lost their lives, United are apparently set to give another 18 year old his first team debut, hoping to see what Diallo can bring.
    Already? Didn't he play just yesterdau with U23? Scored and did 3 assists or something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Already? Didn't he play just yesterdau with U23? Scored and did 3 assists or something like that?
    I didn't realise he played last night again, explains why he's not on the team sheet.

He should be though, he's way too good for the u23 level.

yeah utd beat liverpool u/23 6-3

speaking of conceding 3 goals.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    didn't the old rule used to say clear daylight between the defender and attacker? VAR is fucking dumb, just leave it for the goal line, and maybe save it for really bad decisions, maybe give the captains a challenge once a half.
    No, that has never been the rule. And even if it was, THERE WOULD STILL BE A CLEAR LINE BETWEEN ON AND OFF. It doesn't fucking matter if it's "only just" either way, it either is or it isn't.

Remember how assistant referees frequently got that clear yes/no right or wrong? There has never been an "only just".
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-02-09 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    yeah utd beat liverpool u/23 6-3

speaking of conceding 3 goals.....
    Actually the first team conceded 4 vs city