Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Should be an endgame reward in the form of "finishing" your covenant, earn enough renown from them that they will welcome you back anytime so you can venture to a different one. The soulbinds stay saved and activating them will also swap the two covenant abilities as well.

Even from a lore perspective, it makes little sense why covenant X is salty about me leaving after helping them immensely. It's not like they are some mortal enemies, they work together to fulfill different roles in the shadowlands.

Regardless some of the covenants certainly need a change or two. I was really digging the Necrolord Banner concept for warriors, reminds me of GW2 Warrior banners a bit but it's just soo garbage compared to the other 3 for any situation and spec.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Please no. Wl abilities are all terrible, same for other classes; don't waste the first new talent row since 8 years on those useless, boring abilities.
    It will be sad to see Divine Toll going away, for me at least.
    Last edited by kail; 2021-02-09 at 08:05 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It will be sad to see Divine Toll going away, for me at least.
    But would you be sad to lose the other 3 abilities?

Thay are incredibly boring though. For many classes. Also 3/4 of those abilities don't fit a class thematically, so I rather would like to have one spec specific talent row than one generic with mediocre abilities than don't fit my class visually.
    I disagree. I'd say all four of the Warrior abilities are more fun than the majority of the current talents we have. Also on the thematic side of things, Spear/Banner make perfect sense, and the only thing that stops Condemn making sense is the fact it does shadow damage.

But would you be sad to lose the other 3 abilities?
    Ashen Hallow is awesome to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I disagree. I'd say all four of the Warrior abilities are more fun than the majority of the current talents we have. Also on the thematic side of things, Spear/Banner make perfect sense, and the only thing that stops Condemn making sense is the fact it does shadow damage.
    Well, I can only speak for the classes I play (Monk, Mage, WL). And their abilities don't exite me at all. WL has one that buffs your filler every minute, two AoE DoT's that don't do much else and one DoT that might refresh your shards. These abilites either useless, or just barely useful for one or two specs. None of them alone (without soulbinds) are useful for Demo.
    Monk: The abilities are... okay, but again, just useful for one of the 3 specs at a time. And similarly for mage, imo.

None of them felt like good choices to me, more like which is the least shitty ability. They would not make good talents, if they are not exiting and your talent choice is set for each spec.

Ashen Hallow is awesome to play with.
    It's just consecration, though... And is it exiting for all three specs?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    Sanguine 14 -> Apply
    PL whisper -> Venthyr ?
    No -> Declined

....this was not supose to happend, and it sux.

You realize this likely had nothing to do with how good Venthyr is for your class, right? Sanguine Depths are a venthyr dungeon and the buff you get from using those vessels while not mandatory is definitely a big help. They likely didn't have anyone that's Venthyr in their group and were looking for one for the last spot.

hopefuly 9.1 will bring some balance to the covenants, having to play a NF warlock feels like shit

So... potion is really nice on necro but... to die from it, potion is not something you should be addressing first.

See the covenant updates thread and you can see how pointless this thread is. Half the people commenting claiming tooltip fixes are buffs etc. Sure some are better than others for classes/specs. But its a minor difference in most cases. Case in point this thread, 70% of guardian druids are night fae, but apparently all tanks need to be Kyrian. If Kyrian is so OP as to be required for tanking why dont guardian druids also want it?

This thread brings back memories of TBC and the Aldor/Scryers debate as each was slightly better than the other for each role.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Fair point, to which I'd argue that the consequences 16 years into a game's lifespan shouldn't involve game-changing player power abilities that you're locked in to & out of with little to no chance of experimentation.

You mean like picking a class?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    It's a game dude. If you want cOnSeQuEnCeS, leave your room and participate in real life.
    Yeah I hate that the consequence of doing a raid bosses tactics wrong means we die. We should be able to do anything we want in games and the content should be pumped into our brains.