Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ion is the best thing that's happened to the game in terms of figureheads at Blizzard. He talks, and what he says always makes sense - he doesn't always deliver on what he says, but he's very good at saying the right things and he clearly does try to uphold them.
    OMFG you have to be joking.

Ok, Ion is probably the best encounter designer ever. When he was LED, we got the best raids, ever. But that's where his talent lies.

And your sentence literally just proved my previous point. He is a lawyer by trade and writes essays arguing for his position, as opposed to doing what a game dev should do, make things fun. But I can see that he has convinced you that he is always right. Therefore, no point in really trying to discuss with you.

His response is very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    They announced the loot changes over a month before SL launched.

It lasted 1 week before they hotfixes it to what they had already announced it would be way in advance.
    again, whether it was a bug or not doesn't matter. they showed they can change loot drops. they could totally fix it now.

Oh no they are looking into it, fuck you Ion, how dare you not give me automatic 233 loot on all slots day one!!!!

The valor system solves a lot of the gearing issues I have, would like 1 more item from raids per a boss and that would be just about perfect for me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Clickbait! Where's my lawyer? Ion, you are a lawyer. Come here!

objectively bad
    say what now?

Also the tweet seems pretty reasonable to me. They understand the problem. They are going to fix it next tier.
    Pretty standard approach to how they fix problems that occur in the .0 version.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.

All this hate and anger toward a video game and its game director... Don't you think it's time to move on to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    All this hate and anger toward a video game and its game director... Don't you think it's time to move on to something else?
    I get the sentiment, because I have moved on from the game, but not to "something else."

There are no games that do raids as well as wow, and there is currently nothing that actually fills the wow void. Moving on to "something else" means something else entirely, not an actual replacement for wow. That's a hard thing to give up if you love(d) it and really want it to be part of your life.

No.. final fanboy, ESO, whatever other garbage game you're going to tell me is a wow substitute isn't actually a wow upgrade. They all have their own shortcomings, and often are worse than wow in the ways that matter most.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-02-11 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Did you forget that you could purchase entry level tier 9 and tier 10 pieces with emblems of triumph and emblems of frost? Like, the full suit? Did you forget that, in order to even get those higher-level tier 10 pieces, you had to purchase the lower-level emblem versions first? Did you forget that Triumph vendors also had some 245 pieces?

232/251 gear was absolutely relevant to progress through 10/25man normals and the tier 10 emblem pieces were required to get the heroic gear.
    ICC actually fits relatively well into the current normal/heroic/mythic difficulties we have now.

10N = normal (251 vs 200)
    25N/10H = Heroic (264 vs 213)
    25H = Mythic (277 vs 226)

Yes, Tier 9 from valor was 232 (same as the heroic ICC dungeons). 19 item levels under 10N, or that would be 181 gear now (lower than LFR or mythic0, or WQ, and WAY under the 197 covenant set). Even 245 (6 under 10N) is worse than base honor or covenant gear.

And, this ignores that mythic+ is a massive gearing source that doesn’t stop at a few 213 (heroic, like emblems of frost gave a few slots of 264) it covers all slots and goes all the way to mythic level. Nothing like that (277) ever existed for badges.

And PvP gear doesn’t have a wasted stat on every piece, making it useful in PvE.

There are so many more gear paths to strong gear compared to wrath it’s insane.

Also weekly events frequently give 200 (timewalking) and even 213 (M0 x4) gear.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-02-11 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This is the same crap we hear in politics: "If you don't like it, leave!"

That's what people say when they hear a legitimate argument but have nothing to speak of in return.

I love WoW, i just don't like who's running the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Yea, i absolutely want 4-6 item slots locked to tier sets. Devalues M+, Valor and Vault even more.
    Got these awesome shoulders and want to wear them ? NOPE! Tier set slot.
    "Tiersets is the key for both balance .... " If the key to balance is to add more stuff to balance ... then your solution is sh*t.
    Tier sets are such an outdated gearing concept.
    I don't think that's what he meant. The guy probably wants Tier Sets alongside the current gear that's provided in raids. Therefore, not everything is locked to the tier sets, and M+ and the Vault aren't really devalued.

He also just wants risen loot rates overall for PVE, which is something everyone is asking for. I'm certain Blizzard's gonna fix that by the time 9.1 occurs. Valor is returning, loot rate drops are being discussed right now, and Tier Sets are to return later this expansion.

God, how I love Blizzard right now. Please, don't fuck it up like you did the last 3 expansions.

Nah, you are 100% wrong, take a break, it will do loads for you and your state of mind, and it will be nice for the rest of us too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I don't think that's what he meant. The guy probably wants Tier Sets alongside the current gear that's provided in raids. Therefore, not everything is locked to the tier sets, and M+ and the Vault aren't really devalued.

He also just wants risen loot rates overall for PVE, which is something everyone is asking for. I'm certain Blizzard's gonna fix that by the time 9.1 occurs. Valor is returning, loot rate drops are being discussed right now, and Tier Sets are to return later this expansion.

God, how I love Blizzard right now. Please, don't fuck it up like you did the last 3 expansions.
    Honestly best solution I can think of for bringing tier sets back is have them crafted like the legendaries, that is you get to select the secondaries and you get a choice of 2 slots to put them in (3 might be to many, but might also work). This would help alleviate the certain slots are only for tier bonuses, while giving everyone an equal playing field as you would presumably need to farm some mats from raid to craft them, meaning as long as you are raiding you are getting the pieces at the same pace as everyone else. No 1 person getting their 4 piece while you sit on 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

OMFG you have to be joking.

Ok, Ion is probably the best encounter designer ever. When he was LED, we got the best raids, ever. But that's where his talent lies.

And your sentence literally just proved my previous point. He is a lawyer by trade and writes essays arguing for his position, as opposed to doing what a game dev should do, make things fun. But I can see that he has convinced you that he is always right. Therefore, no point in really trying to discuss with you.
    Ah ok so "you disagree with me therefore I flee from the discussion". He's not an indie dev, therefore PR skills are necessary. He says all the right things and, as I said, clearly tries to deliver on them.

That's what people say when they hear a legitimate argument but have nothing to speak of in return.

While I would agree here, I'd say you're actually taking this a little too overboard. They're 100% going to fix this shit, as it's one of the main issues with SL atm, and the teams do seem to give a shit about issues with this expansion, so far...

So, idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite ironic that you call it pathetic then make a thread that is actually pathetic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Nah, you are 100% wrong, take a break, it will do loads for you and your state of mind, and it will be nice for the rest of us too.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly best solution I can think of for bringing tier sets back is have them crafted like the legendaries, that is you get to select the secondaries and you get a choice of 2 slots to put them in (3 might be to many, but might also work). This would help alleviate the certain slots are only for tier bonuses, while giving everyone an equal playing field as you would presumably need to farm some mats from raid to craft them, meaning as long as you are raiding you are getting the pieces at the same pace as everyone else. No 1 person getting their 4 piece while you sit on 1.
    Just have em work like how they worked in Legion, or past expansions even. Make them + the current gear co-exist peacefully, ya know? There was no reason to remove Tier sets to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    ICC actually fits relatively well into the current normal/heroic/mythic difficulties we have now.

10N = normal (251 vs 200)
    25N/10H = Heroic (264 vs 213)
    25H = Mythic (277 vs 226)

Yes, Tier 9 from valor was 232 (same as the heroic ICC dungeons). 19 item levels under 10N, or that would be 181 gear now (lower than LFR or mythic0, or WQ, and WAY under the 197 covenant set). Even 245 (6 under 10N) is worse than base honor or covenant gear.

And, this ignores that mythic+ is a massive gearing source that doesn’t stop at a few 213 (heroic, like emblems of frost gave a few slots of 264) it covers all slots and goes all the way to mythic level. Nothing like that (277) ever existed for badges.

And PvP gear doesn’t have a wasted stat on every piece, making it useful in PvE.

There are so many more gear paths to strong gear compared to wrath it’s insane.

Also weekly events frequently give 200 (timewalking) and even 213 (M0 x4) gear.
    Why are you comparing ulduar tier to ICC. you could buy 251 gear and 264 gear with justice and valor tokens. At the time of ICC ulduar used triumph tokens which you could farm from doing any previous raid from the expansion. you could afk thru naxx and get enough triumph to get a 232 piece. At the time all raids were current you could buy equivalent gear to 25m from the vendors. and throughout the expansion new dungeons came out to drop items equal to the previous raid tier from 5 mans. And you have vault of archavon which also dropped tier gear from every tier.

Comparing a final tier to a first tier is dumb anyways. at the time of Naxx we could buy Naxx level gear with tokens, get raid tier items from archavon, had higher amount of loot per boss drop, almost twice as many dungeons that also dropped tokens on heroic, and 4 raid difficulties. right now we have CN with with 7 less bosses than wraths first tier and dungeons that drop 1-2 pieces of gear per run instead of a piece per boss.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    The vault was a pretty good idea but I think needing 10 keys for the last choice is pretty shit. I think it should just be like 1-3-5. It's also pretty insane that they let the way pvp gear works go forward. I think it's fine to let the highest rated pvp players get gear on the same level as mythic raiders but the real problem are all the people who get boosted around the 1800-2100 level for 220-226 gear. I constantly run into teams that are boosting people while my legit team is trying to push past 2100. It's not very fun having to deal with 2800+ rated players in that bracket.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ion is the best thing that's happened to the game in terms of figureheads at Blizzard. He talks, and what he says always makes sense - he doesn't always deliver on what he says, but he's very good at saying the right things and he clearly does try to uphold them.
    Minus a few instances of "morally grey" here and there, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

It's much easier to leave the game than to leave the country. Game dev has so much smaller influence over you life than politician.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

No, the next guy will be responsible for every problem, nothing gets put into the game without the lead dev approving of it. The buck stops with them, no matter how bad a system someone made the lead dev okayed it.

And with that in mind, Ian Kompetentoss has okayed far more problems in his two expacs than Ghostcrawleer did in four.