Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Has no mounting in the maw caused you to avoid it?

I’ve been trying to get the mount from the hunt with no luck and I dont got the time for twisting so I’ve kinda just ended up avoiding the maw the last few weeks.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, doesn't bother me at all.

Once I got the mount I noticed I spend more time there now.

No, the fact that the Maw is boring caused me to avoid it even now I have the Twisting Corridors mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Got the mount from the hunt. Glad its account wide because been farming venari rep.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy the Maw. Even without a mount I know where the temp mounts are and those are pretty decent

I didn't set foot into the Maw other than for the weekly souls freeing thing and the weekly Bolvar quests up until Twisting Corridors unlocked.I made it very clear to my guild that if they wanted to bench or kick me for not tearing my brain out for a silly 100 dps upgrade over the course of 2 months I'd gladly leave them with a big fuck you.

Been going here daily every since TC opened and I got my mount though. The place is still horribly boring, uninspired, mundane and hilariously bad... but at least it's not unbearable anymore. With a mount it's just shitty poor daily quest content that's no different to the last 10 years of shitty poor daily quest content. But for the first 4-6 weeks with no mount I was 100% willing to leave my guild and put anyone on ignore who even just thought about making me feel bad for not going there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

It's already tedious as fuck, having to hoof it everywhere on foot just makes it a zillion times worse.

That said, if they made mounting possible [outside of the special mounts] I still wouldn't enjoy the place, but I'd probably at least be willing to do quests there, something I don't do now aside from the weekly covenant souls quest.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Nope, doesn't bother me at all.
    Do you play a druid by any chance?

Of course, but there are more issues. The experience is too uneven and perhaps tanks and heals should suffer a little more than dps.

Only did the Weekly Quests there and whatever rares were in my way.
    Figured ide do more when i had the mount.

Got Exalted, then next day got the Twisting Corridor mount.
    Havent been back since, theres nothing there to go back for since i dont care about Sockets.

So, i stayed away due to the mount.
    once I had it, had no point going in anyway.

No it made gathering worthwhile but that's the only reason i went there , the ve'nari stuff is useless to me

I had no issues before I got the Twisting mount.

They might be adding a craftable Maw mount in 9.0.5.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320863/...l-forge-in-dom
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yeah the way I see it if I wanted to walk from quest to quest id play classic. I’ve always said they need more flying activities. This is one of the few mmos that let you mount up and fly and it’s always been my favorite part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's the reason I've only ever done the weekly souls quest there even having skipped a few weeks of that despite it being easy enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I had no issues before I got the Twisting mount.

They might be adding a craftable Maw mount in 9.0.5.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320863/...l-forge-in-dom
    Wow i hope its not to unobtainable

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Only did the Weekly Quests there and whatever rares were in my way.
    Figured ide do more when i had the mount.

Got Exalted, then next day got the Twisting Corridor mount.
    Havent been back since, theres nothing there to go back for since i dont care about Sockets.

So, i stayed away due to the mount.
    once I had it, had no point going in anyway.
    You're actually pretty smart as the people who spent hours there beyond the weeklies might have saved like 1 week maximum unless they exploited things like some were doing. The weeklies are the only real substantial gain.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    I’ve been trying to get the mount from the hunt with no luck and I dont got the time for twisting so I’ve kinda just ended up avoiding the maw the last few weeks.
    That is one of the many reasons I no longer step foot in the Maw yes.

No

The fact that it's an annoying, irritating, pointless mess of a zone is what causes me to avoid it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Never bothered me. It's a pretty small map. Got the mount a few days ago anyways. I took my time because I wanted to solo every level. Couldn't do it with my main Spriest, but was able to do it with a WW monk with a much lower ilvl.