Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well then for one final time to make sure we can wrap this discussion up.
    Let's go with objective things that come straght from official sources.

Edge of Night. The supposed time when Sylvanas made contact with the Jailer. She is the viewpoint character. We hear her thoughts. There is no mention of a cosmic entity who manipulated the Burning Legion into existence just to cause more death for anima. And no mention of any pact. In fact Sylvanas, who was ready to just die now that her revenge against Arthas was complete, decides to cherish her second chance and even has a standoff with Garrosh who wants to use the Forsaken as canon fodder instead of her children.

Yeeeah turns out that was all a lie because the horde is NOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIING!

But let's not run forward that much. Let's go to Before the Storm where, again, we hear Sylvanas' thoughts where she talks about how she doesn't like being a WarChief and hopes to do a lot better than Garrosh because she doesn't want to antagonize her people. Yes, that stopped being a thing during the Siege of Lordaeron.
    Also she helped release an Old God because that would lead to lots of death. Wohooo

These are all FACTS. You can't argue with their existence. She is laughably inconsistent and her character lacks any form of nuance. She just jumps between mother goose and cartoonish villain. And she even thinks contradictory to her own goals as if she is aware she is a fictional character and wants to deceive readers.

And I'm not even going to start on how she brings characters to the Afterlife by dragging them through a portal instead of simply killing them.

Can we move on now?
    Move on from what? I'm arguing with you about one thing and another guy about a different thing. I've never said i found the story to be good or bad.

Personally i can enjoy the story while looking pasts its mistakes. But you didnt do what you think you did with this post, it literally had nothing to do with what you and i where arguing about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Thanks for explaining so easily and shortly the difference between objective and subjective. I still don't get how some people can't understand the difference.
    Saying something is badly written doesnt make it objectively badly written.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you can just read the rest, instead of trying to come up with a gotcha

Bfa was, already confirmed by Danouser copied from MOP, with purpose on that in mind, to do a twist in the end, because "mop didn't teach us well enough"
    Source? on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Blizzard Entertainment - according to MMO-Champion, perpetually approaching demise yet never seeming to actually get there.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...1208005691/en/

ffs
    Ion has been de-Ghostcrawler'ing the game for the last 2.5 expacs and finally got there with SL. GC shot the golden goose of WoW TBC/WotLK and got fired over it, but still has many fanboys. WoW might hit a new golden age with the last of GC's ideas removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makomima View Post
    New Zone: Hereafter, a series of interconnected islands using the same tech as existing Shadowlands zones to remove loading screens when traveling between them.
    Zone Background: The zone is comprised of more peaceful, less important afterlives that were hit hard by the anima drought and have shattered into shards due to devourer incusions.
    One of the NPCs you hatch in the Night Fae garden says something about this is one of the many realms of shadowlands. And it could be just Ardenweald vs Bastion, etc... but it seems to imply that there are other islands/realms besides the 5 we know. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a 5th or 6th covenant at some point, other than it would piss people off to have to switch.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    3 months after Shadowlands launch I'm not expecting much for wow beyond a sneak peek at some of the 9.x patch content to come. It's too early for any next expansion details. I'd be shocked if we even got a title splash teaser. I suspect the show will be heavy on Diablo again though.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What are you basing ANY of this on?
    My personal perception amongst the people I know and what I see online, as well as trends.

What are you basing your statements on?

League has never been the same as wow in that aspect, sorry.
    I disagree. WoW became so popular because it essentially became viral. Word of mouth, combined with coming from a well known company, coming out at the right time (as internet was becomin more widespread), providing an accessible and easily digestible entry to a popular genre, being a novelty (one of the first widely marketed massive online persistent world).. so many factors, and so many of them a consequence of timing and luck.

When it comes to online multiplayer games, a very big number of people play what they friends are playing, not necessarily the very best game out there on any given genre, or the ones they would personally prefer to play.

not expecting much really apart from tbc classic, They already teased a hearthstone expansion so that too

5+ Year Old Account
    Move on from what? I'm arguing with you about one thing and another guy about a different thing. I've never said i found the story to be good or bad.

Personally i can enjoy the story while looking pasts its mistakes. But you didnt do what you think you did with this post, it literally had nothing to do with what you and i where arguing about

- - - Updated - - -

Saying something is badly written doesnt make it objectively badly written.

- - - Updated - - -

Source? on this?
    Move on from this very offtopic discussion. Also you claim this has nothing to do with anything yet you wanted facts because as you said simply us saying that WoW is poorly written, don't make it so. I provided to you examples when the story contradicts itself just for the sake of plot twists. A very obvious hint that the writing isn't good.

Sure you can ignore mistakes in a story. The question is how many are you willing to ignore. Hence my original comment about standards. The less mistakes you tolerate the higher your standards are. Tis simple math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    not expecting much really apart from tbc classic, They already teased a hearthstone expansion so that too
    It will be year Diablo mostly. TBC classic, 9.1 info and a band aid on Hearthstone. The rest will be Diablo centric.

Shadowlands 9.1 trailer leak

- have seen trailer for only WoW and only one time, not other IPs, just what I can remember
    - Sylvanas apologizes and effectively kills Anduin to turn him to their cause
    - Anduin is kinda lich king 2.0 but different, hard to tell from just the trailer
    - Yes he wields his corrupted sword and yes it talks to him, some soul inside?
    - Alliance turmoil with Turaylon on throne, the light is angry? was confusing
    - Looks like drust raid for 9.1
    - New torghast wing, powers, torghast world event
    - New maw themed 5-man dungeon with anima powers / Tyrande tie-in some how, just quick shot with her in the dungeon
    - 9.1 flying based on renown like they said
    - No new zone
    - covenant quest lines, conduit, new season
    - Trailer seemed story heavy and light on content, not sure what the hook is for 9.1 /shrug

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Ion has been de-Ghostcrawler'ing the game for the last 2.5 expacs and finally got there with SL. GC shot the golden goose of WoW TBC/WotLK and got fired over it, but still has many fanboys. WoW might hit a new golden age with the last of GC's ideas removed.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the NPCs you hatch in the Night Fae garden says something about this is one of the many realms of shadowlands. And it could be just Ardenweald vs Bastion, etc... but it seems to imply that there are other islands/realms besides the 5 we know. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a 5th or 6th covenant at some point, other than it would piss people off to have to switch.
    what you mean de-Ghostcrawler'ing the game?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NHolICEn View Post

- have seen trailer for only WoW and only one time, not other IPs, just what I can remember
    - Anduin is kinda lich king 2.0 but different, hard to tell from just the trailer
    - New maw themed 5-man dungeon with anima powers / Tyrande tie-in some how, just quick shot with her in the dungeon
    - No new zone
    - Trailer seemed story heavy and light on content, not sure what the hook is for 9.1 /shrug

enjoy
    the weird thing is how the story is so bad and weird right now is that this can totally happen

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    just to add, while the obvious disconnect between fans and developers is clearly apparent, the pandemic has probably destroyed much of the hype even the most hardcore fans have had over the years, so it doesn't really surprise me to see such apathy these days after blizz just gave a massive middle finger to the community that had built up over nearly 2 decades.
    yep, its a point. but imo it has more to do wirh the middle finger than with covid. especially while covid, when ppl sitting at home, such stuff should be main focused. its not a good sign when ppl go like „ok, blizzconline, maybe i take a look“ while sitting at home. imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Well you seem to be, why else would you be on MMO-C then?
    as you can see on many many posts from others you do not need to be a blizz fanboy or die hard fan, to hang around here.

10+ Year Old Account

- No new zone

enjoy
    I believe this about as much as all leaks, not at all. Still though, this is not that far off from what I'm expecting to actually happen. Thros raid, no new zone (likely saving that for 9.2), Sylvanas turning Anduin into the new Lich King, some minor upgrade to Torghast & covenant stories, and renown-based flight. Only real surprises if this happens are Blizz actually paying attention this soon to Turalyon & no new dungeon for the patch, though that may be in part due to COVID WFH issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I want Ion to come out on stage and make a blood pact with the audience that 10.0 won't be a Legion v4.
    Finally, someone who has some sense. I have been saying for a long time that Legion, BFA and SL all play exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    maldraxxus raid
    giant necropolis
    16 bosses ending with kel thuzad
    Ugh, a 3rd Naxxramas tier? Please no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Finally, someone who has some sense. I have been saying for a long time that Legion, BFA and SL all play exactly the same.
    I view that as a good thing. My only real issue with those 3 expansions was the fiasco that were BFA-specific content in Island Expeditions and Warfront. Most other issues were minor or negligible.

Patch 9.1: Wrath of the Bolvar for sure

Anduin's talk no jutsu wasn't very effective? I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

bruh ion has been ionizing the game
    and its gotten worse
    way worse..

the golden age of mmos is no longer possible in wows hands.
    the throne is empty, awaiting its new royalty
    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-02-17 at 08:31 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- No new zone

enjoy
    This expansion lol

I see it happening, story is bad and I had the same feeling when we had the shadoelands feature trailer.. like what is the freaking content?? We dont need 3 slides for new raids, new dungeons and new quests anymore.

Lich king 2.0 is also very dissapointing. The only thing I had hoped for some NEW hooks was that anduin would use some shadow powers.

We will see friday of you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This expansion lol

I see it happening, story is bad and I had the same feeling when we had the shadoelands feature trailer.. like what is the freaking content?? We dont need 3 slides for new raids, new dungeons and new quests anymore.

Lich king 2.0 is also very dissapointing. The only thing I had hoped for some NEW hooks was that anduin would use some shadow powers.

We will see friday of you are right.
    they should start pursing that old man anduin comic, i thought that story seemed really dope

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I want Ion to come out on stage and make a blood pact with the audience that 10.0 won't be a Legion v4.
    Cataclysm 2.0 - that's all I want.

That expansion had its flaws, especially the last content patch sucked, but the overall scope of the expansion was fantastic.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

roses are red
    violet are blue
    overwatch 2
    where are u??