Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    If this was true (and that's a HUGE if) this sounds like next expansion type of stuff. Not something we would get this early into Shadowlands.
    What do you mean? Stabbing Anduin is more like a follow up on the last cinematic we had between the 2.

Anduin the Lich King??? I don't know man, i don't know....

I mean this is the most logical outcome, even if this leak is fake.

Also, why do people assume Anduin turning into LK would mean he stays and fall as the LK ?
    Obviously there will be a Raid where we fix him and everything will be normal again.
    We have also the people (death pantheon) to do some shenanigans like making Anduin alive again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This is probably faker than Nicki Minaj, but for the sake of discussion.

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, bland old Anduin turning into the freakin Lich King would spice things up nicely and enable the Alliance to pursue other story avenues. On the other hand it feels way too sudden. Nothing in his character arc suggests that he is heading in that direction so it would only be done for shock value.
    It seems more like.. once again they take the obvious outcome when everyone hopes/thinks of something unexpected. If its true, it will just be in line of the tree who got set on fire by Sylvanas (also here people were hoping for some wow moment, only to be dissapointed)

Last thing we saw was Sylvanas poiting the sword in anduin face.. why should we believe it would have a differnt outcome when history likes to repeat itself over and over. It would be a fail if they would go for shock value, when this was in the cards all along.

Making anduin snap and go all out in shadowform would have more shock value imo, I hope we stiill get some wow moment, but we will see friday.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-17 at 01:51 PM.

Not sure about the trailer you watched, but the one I saw included Murlorcs.

Anduin called upon army of Murlocs to free him from prison. Sharp spears and razor fins cut down Jailer forces. Murky was leading them.
    Sir Finlot was officially introduced into WoW.

Also Murlocs were confirmed 9.1 new race.

It's important to note that you play not just one Murloc, but three at the same time. Video included three Murlocs trying to kill of a bear in Ashenvale. It was glorious.

Racial mount is a bigger than average turtle, that has 3 mini seats for your Murlocs.
    Last edited by SirFinlot; 2021-02-17 at 01:48 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get some more troll story eventually
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Even if the news itself is fake the story event sort of suggest this outcome. I mean come on, Sylvanas went there with the Mourneblade, so the options are:

She gives him the sword /powerslides 2.0 into it (Anduin would finally get the penetrating action he longed for) for it to corrupt him.
    She stabs Anduin
    Option3? They go drinking and have mad smex after it?

I’ll say this: The most important bit of guaranteed info we’re getting on Friday is the concept and location of the next raid, as that will determine the pace and placement of the appearance of our maw raid, and the X.1 raid generally cleans up the story of the launch act enough for us to move on to new landmasses in X.2. This leak suggests that they would break that recent tradition.

That said, just because the last 2 expansions have a pattern doesn’t mean shadowlands follows suit, and there’s as much reason to put a raid-sized March on the maw off as long as possible, to 9.3, as there is for us to do it now and “resolve the maw/Torghast” enough to move past these landmasses, fighting the jailer somewhere else in 9.3 as “death comes for the soul of your world.”

Where the raid or raids happen in 9.1 will determine where we fight the jailer. If we raid Torghast/The Maw in 9.1, we likely “Gul’Dan Sylvanas,” and face the Jailer somewhere else.

Or... this leak or something similar is right, and we expend all the big name minions in their own raids before facing zovaal in the maw in 9.3.

I think it’s the former, but I mean it could go either way. We’ll see!

The leak is so plausible because it fits all the patterns. Anduin turning the Lich King doesn't have to have any more lasting effect than having all his bones crushed by a bell. He'll get better by the end once Sylvanas dies to save him or whatever. It being Kel'thuzad's raid also fits because it follows the BFA pattern of the cinematic shown at the convention having no immediate relevance to the ongoing story. No new zone also meshes, since the second raid of the cycle doesn't come with a zone usually.

It's also really cheesy which is another reason it's extremely likely.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix class balance plz.

Oh look, more Alliance centric content. This seems totally plausible.

--- snip ----

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-17 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its plausible and seems very likely as I said already. But once again.. just check back friday and dont call me stupid for thinking its likely. Says more about you at this point man.

If you dont care, why are you here then?
    Because he's jaded and edgy and needs you to know that.

OT: I haven't been playing shadowlands, I thought I had read somewhere that Arthas was already back as part of uthers story? Either way we've seen crazier "leaks" before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Not sure about the trailer you watched, but the one I saw included Murlorcs.

Anduin called upon army of Murlocs to free him from prison. Sharp spears and razor fins cut down Jailer forces. Murky was leading them.
    Sir Finlot was officially introduced into WoW.

Also Murlocs were confirmed 9.1 new race.

It's important to note that you play not just one Murloc, but three at the same time. Video included three Murlocs trying to kill of a bear in Ashenvale. It was glorious.

Racial mount is a bigger than average turtle, that has 3 mini seats for your Murlocs.
    I would resub immediately with an annual if this was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The leak is so plausible because it fits all the patterns. Anduin turning the Lich King doesn't have to have any more lasting effect than having all his bones crushed by a bell. He'll get better by the end once Sylvanas dies to save him or whatever. It being Kel'thuzad's raid also fits because it follows the BFA pattern of the cinematic shown at the convention having no immediate relevance to the ongoing story. No new zone also meshes, since the second raid of the cycle doesn't come with a zone usually.

I still cannot see the Drust as 9.1 raid material. Those raids are usually very closely linked to the main theme (Maw in this case) and Drust seems like a bit too much of a stretch considering we have no connection made between the Jailer and the Drust so far, much less the Drust and KT.

Anduin becoming LK 2.0 does seem like the obvious choice though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, because this short summary lists every bit of content of the whole patch /s
    (not that you acknowledged all of the things mentioned by OP anyway)
    Duh - if there's more than what was leaked then your statement based on the information you had at the time is not valid - this guy went to college everyone, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sure, if you ignore the raid/dungeon in the leak.
    The raid and the dungeon are not gonna keep me involved on a daily basis, though. A single new dungeon means that maybe 20% of my key'ing experience will be slightly fresher for a week or 2. Same with the raid, that'll just mean that I have something shiny to toy around with for a couple weeks.

I was told there'd be more to this game than raids and dungeons. Judging solely from this leak, the only other new stuff is gonna be like 5 new weekly Cov quests and some new Conduits (which will probably be tied to the same dull Maw stuff).

8.3 had assaults and Visions, 8.2 had Nazjatar & Mechagon, 8.1 had assaults (the poor joke that they were tbh). 9.1 (BASED ON THIS VERY LEAK AND NOTHING ELSE) doesn't even have any of that. To me, that qualifies as... "that's it".

People on this website love to gather the most common speculations, the most likely outcomes, extremely vague guesses and wrapped them up as a "leak". Don't believe this is a leak as much as a conservative prediction. Can see some of it happen, doesn't mean it's a leak.

- new Covenant quests for 9.1

Careful there. This doesn't seem likely.

I heard there will be reveal of the true evil. The one behind Jailer!

Koolaid man!

*gasp*

You heard it here first!
    Last edited by Morae; 2021-02-17 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

Save him by taking his place you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I heard there will be reveal of the true evil. The one behind Jailer!

Koolaid man!

*gasp*

You heard heard it here first!
    But whos behind Koolaid man? Cause hes the TRUE evil!

On topic: Anduin turning into some version of LK is pretty much a given. Question is if we just end up killing him like with Arthas or he is saved by some miracle.