Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes! i h8 that place big time. Even as a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    No, the fact that the Maw is boring caused me to avoid it even now I have the Twisting Corridors mount.
    +1, one of the reasons I lasted less than 24 hours before the unsub

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    do you even play this game? have you ever been in the maw during reset? are you daft just because? you are literally being ignorant just to be ignorant with your first statement. saying you dont need a mount is one of the stupidest things i have seen today.
    You should get some sleep and ask some good friends for help.

Its a really boring zone that is also visually very ugly and lame.
    Most of the stuff is just annoying and mobs have tons of health as if every player doing the Maw is in mythic raiding gear.
    The voice of that trader is god damn awful, makes me want to mute all game sound every time she is about to speak.

I am okay with there being no flying mounts but walking long distances without anything eventful happening is a waste of time and boring.

Main druid so i didnt actually notice the mount issue for a few days after launch.. generally not effected me so i been there to do weeklies... but on my alts it was like a sharp shock and i grab the souls right by the start and thats as far as i go

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    You should get some sleep and ask some good friends for help.
    clever. you make an ignorant post, that i am assuming 99.9% of the people in this game would disagree with, and somehow im the person who needs help. hahaha. classic mmo champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's just not a fun zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    Main druid so i didnt actually notice the mount issue for a few days after launch.. generally not effected me so i been there to do weeklies... but on my alts it was like a sharp shock and i grab the souls right by the start and thats as far as i go
    yeah i main druid as well. before the TC mount i wouldnt even step in there on alts lol.

I usually have just gone there for souls or the maw calling, and I only seem to run into the temporary mount when I don't actually need it, or I'm in the middle of something. I don't mind dailies in general, but when I see the blue exclamation mark all the way on the other side of the map, I don't usually bother, the zone just feels rather tedious.

I would probably have stuck it out a bit if I could mount, but no, the way the content is designed is what drove me away.

No, but my class has a lot of movement speed bonuses
    I did decide to never do it in any of my alts tho

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Hopefully ill clean TC 8 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    clever. you make an ignorant post, that i am assuming 99.9% of the people in this game would disagree with, and somehow im the person who needs help. hahaha. classic mmo champ.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=66708591

i want you to get some sleep and help, stop dancing the hyperbole dance.

yep, i play a dk so my mobility is shit...a mount would make the zone more tolerable and i dont really want to do the twisting corridors shit.

I still don't understand the problems people have with navigating the Maw. Between way points for fast travel, the quests being usually close together, and how there is always a shade hound nearby to steal...I just don't get it.

Definitely. Thanks to the no-mounting bullshit Ve'nari is still apprehensive towards my characters, and it'll stay that way until I bother do Twisting Corridors.

Only going there for the weekly quest and the occasional calling.

The Maw is what you get when you confuse Blizzard with stupid requests.
    People have been complaining for daily quest and challenging outworld content for years: you get the Maw.

Daily quests were NEVER a good thing. Ever. Period. Nobody ever enjoyed those.
    A zone where you are heavily limited and punished for dying while being riddled with elites and such is also not something people ever truly wanted. They thought they wanted it but they don't.

The Maw is a discount sugar-free version of Mechagon suffering from alcoholism that has just been evicted due to not paying bills.

There are no world quests (cuz waaaah my dailies), there are no Treasures, the rares drop nothing, there are no events other than the 2 weekly kill X mobs, the only reason for going in the Maw is indirect power upgrade (sockets and Torghast) that have nothing to do with the zone.
    Also, you can't even PvP like in Mechagon cuz you lose your currency.

They should get rid of the death penalty. They could keep the Eye of the Jailer, at least that's kinda flavorful.
    They need to turn the Maw into an "outdoor treasure hunt" type of scenario for 5 player groups imo.
    With rares and trasures and extra events and whatnot.

Also, make it give more reputation, tons of anima and maybe a shitload of toys/mounts like Mechagon did.
    At least that way you could make it actually a thing players want to do but they still wouldn't be forced to do it.

I think it would be much more fun to have a group and decide to go to "X" subzone in the Maw for today and clear it out until we have a full Eye.
    This would not only make it feel bigger than it is but would eliminate the need for a mount to travers also.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2021-02-17 at 04:13 PM.

i got exalted like the same week i got the mount and haven't sat foot there since. Just don't care about the sockets, and already enough stygia to buy 3, but nothing wroth using them on

Hell yeah I never go there except for the Maldraxxus quests that send you there.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

No, because I’m not a pleb that can’t do TC.