Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    The guy's point stand, some stupid extra mechanics on raid bosses at higher difficulties aren't "extra content" any more than every fucking affix in every level of a mythic plus dungeon is "extra content".
    The problem with that logic though is that very little qualifies as content. A new weapon? That is just as "extra" as higher difficulties. A new model? "Extra". A new ability? "Extra". A new zone? "Extra". That is the problem when you subjectively decide what is and is not content. Features or Content. It is the same thing and it is only being split to argue a technicality.

And that technicality only exists so they can subjectively label things as bad or good depending on their own personal tastes. Hence why they defeat their own argument in their very post by the contradiction of saying a new phase (new abilities) is arguably content but abilities are features.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-18 at 04:18 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No they're not, unless they have significant new mechanics. And mechanics are not content, they're features. Come on folks, learn to differentiate. Not everything is content

- - - Updated - - -

As above, they may have new mechanics, which are FEATURES. it's not more CONTENT. The only time the hardest raid difficulty has had more content is when it has had optional bosses that you only get there.

Words mean things, despite the fuzzy thinking here.
    Uh what? Aren't the only differences between any boss fight just the mechanics? By your logic, new boss fights are never new content. Fucking retard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Well, since we don't know what people have for preferences with content we gotta have some sort of guideline,
    I mean otherwise you could say "yeah i just like to lvl.", but that means you are out of content 10 hours after game is released. Perfectly fine.
    But same person can't say that there isn't a content drought, it's just for that person. And thats why you can play more than one game.
    A game's content is not limited to what one likes to do. If said content is in game whether you like to do it or not it is indeed content. That includes pet battles, transmog collecting, professions and the like. You may not like doing them and that's fine but it does not mean that they are not content. ca
    Last edited by Depakote; 2021-02-18 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    A game's content is not limited to what one likes to do. If said content is in game whether you like to do it or not it is indeed content.
    That is a very hard concept for some people to grasp. Both here and on the Lodestone. Probably other places are well, but these are the two I frequent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    Idk aboit you but im having fun grinding pvp and trying to get myself some people to smash higher rating with

Of the newer expansions .1 big patches came out within 2 to 4 months of the expansions release. Right now were approx. 3 months into Shadowlands, and 9.1 isn't even on the horizon of release any time soon, best guess now seems maybe May or June, which would be 6 months into the expansion. WTF Blizzard?

This game has so little to do compared to Legion, man Legion was the best of the modern WoW expansions, so much to do; a new class in Demon Hunters to create and play, Class Halls, Artifact weapons, Class mounts, Mage Tower, Hidden weapon appearances to go after, etc... yes I understand a lot of that stuff came in patches, not all available to do at launch.

Shadowlands isn't terrible or anything, just feels a bit boring right now, once your level 60, did all your Campaign chapters, and geared up past i200 iLvl, it feels like I'm waiting for more content. Or like me, playing and leveling alts and trying different Covenants.

FF XIV new patch is April 13. That's always a good indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Is it really that surprising to you that the first content patch usually comes out 5-6 months after release? Hell, that each raid tier lasts ~6 months on average?

After 8 expansions, 26 raid tiers, 16 years? It still surprises you?

Wow.
    If this was Legion we'd already be balls deep in our third raid of the expansion right now and have so much world content we don't know where to start. Just saying. Even BfA for all it's flaws had a better content schedule in the beginning.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Is it really that surprising to you that the first content patch usually comes out 5-6 months after release? Hell, that each raid tier lasts ~6 months on average?

After 8 expansions, 26 raid tiers, 16 years? It still surprises you?

Wow.
    To be fair both Legion and BFA had their .1 patches on the PTR for almost 2 months by this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    To be fair both Legion and BFA had their .1 patches on the PTR for almost 2 months by this point.
    To be fair there wasn't a pandemic going on at the time of those expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    FF XIV new patch is April 13. That's always a good indicator.
    if 9.0.5 comes out in March, there is no way 9.1 comes out in april. more likely may.

I doubt random nobodies on a fan forum need to be worried, you can leave the worrying about retention to the people with actual insight.

And if there's lItErAlLy NoThInG To dO in WoW, you can always play/do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    To be fair there wasn't a pandemic going on at the time of those expansions.
    To be fair Blizzard themselves said the pandemic didn't impact the development of the expansion much at all and that the patch cycle wasn't impacted at all even by the delay (that they said wasn't due to COVID). Actually I'll give Blizzard credit in not taking the easy way out of blaming the pandemic for failing to meet a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    No content? i disagree maybe content you don't want to do but saying no content is laughable at best.

I'm fine with 9.1 till May.

Got plenty to do on some other games and it's the perfect time to level up an alt
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I'm fine with 9.1 till May.

Got plenty to do on some other games and it's the perfect time to level up an alt
    It's perfect for them too. They get to keep people subbed and not playing for a few free months.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Are you seriously claiming that a game has content so long as you haven't beaten the hard mode or gotten the high score?

Because if you are, you're being silly.
    It's how games have been done since the 1970s