Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    "We have only 25 minutes, better spend the first 15 talking and showing the trailer again"
    I know! It was super frustrating. It had bulletproof levels of padding. Most of it was repeating what we already knew. I admit I laughed when they showed the cinematic again. That made it super obvious they had nothing to show.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

We also getting think and remember that we have a world pandemic going on atm. So not everything is ''normal'' Its have been a hard year for all of us even for Blizzard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    We also getting think and remember that we have a world pandemic going on atm. So not everything is ''normal'' Its have been a hard year for all of us even for Blizzard.
    If they are delayed they need to just get up and say it.

Not to bring up the competition, but multiple times now the FF14 devs have come out and said "look there's a pandemic, we're trying to work from home, but production is slow because X, Y, and Z so we're going to have delays." Hell they just delayed essentially an entire "raid" by what's likely going to be a year because they can't have it done in time for their next patch and they aren't going to drop it alongside an expansion launch. And you know what? Players are understanding for the most part.

Meanwhile WoW just shoves stuff out the door like "nothing to see here we are not impacted."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Most disappointing part was no info on 9.2 and a hint of 9.3.

9.1 won't be here until May at the earliest, but more likely June which is a long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    This was awful.

I think Ion needs to go
    He defiently sounded and looked like he needed to go.

sorry sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They showed no art? They only showed concept art for the raid. May isnt happening unless they are more ahead then they are letting on, but if that is the case, Why not show more?
    There are a lot of screenshots from new content floating around.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new zone
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new dungeon
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new torghast stuff
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - the new covenant sets
    etc

so it's a bit further along than just concept art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Most disappointing part was no info on 9.2 and a hint of 9.3.

9.1 won't be here until May at the earliest, but more likely June which is a long way away.
    They would never tease 2 major patches ahead (a 9.3)

A 9.2 tease would be cool though. I still remember their Argus tease in Legion, and it was awesome. They might do it tomorrow, i guess?

Working from home, on top of slow blizz being slow, not surprising.

If this is what disturbs you I hope you never go outside, or turn on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    if they keep the 6 month cycle its a mid may 9.1 patch and probably raid early june, seems fine to me even tho i havent played in a while i dont see why they would break the cycle and people expected an april release when 9.0.5 just popped onto ptr
    What 6 month cycle? The first patch normally drops about 3 months out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    There are a lot of screenshots from new content floating around.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new zone
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new dungeon
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - new torghast stuff
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._3840x2160.jpg - the new covenant sets
    etc

so it's a bit further along than just concept art.

- - - Updated - - -

They would never tease 2 major patches ahead (a 9.3)

A 9.2 tease would be cool though. I still remember their Argus tease in Legion, and it was awesome. They might do it tomorrow, i guess?
    No a narrow shot of some 9.1 mobs looking back at the rest of the current Maw is not a screenshot of the new zone. They threw what they had in that curated shot to have something to show. 1 screenshot is laughable. Torghast has some new mobs, but they are in the current torghast art kit.

They have some mobs and a few environmental assets ready. They curated a few pictures to make it look nice. Guaranteed if they spun the camera around its all white untextured and probably not all the way modeled yet. Nothing but concept art for the raid. They have had at least 5 or 6 months to work on this stuff if not longer. The main SL art was finished in what July? It shouldn't take a year for a small zone, a torghast raid and a megadungeon.

There's clearly no heart in any of this stuff. Just more of the same from launch.
    What an absurd notion.

This is what people want. New patch? More of the same! More dungeons, more raids, more gear! This is the formula, this is the 8th expansion, and like the 26 major content patch (or close to that number), that's how it is! Being upset at this is absurd? Maybe just move on, play something else.

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    What 6 month cycle? The first patch normally drops about 3 months out.
    To be fair it seems like 9.1 is a larger first patch than normal. Which either means they are planning big patches and are just behind, or they decided to only do 3 raid tiers and 9.2 will be the final patch.

No a narrow shot of some 9.1 mobs looking back at the rest of the current Maw is not a screenshot of the new zone. They threw what they had in that curated shot to have something to show. 1 screenshot is laughable. Torghast has some new mobs, but they are in the current torghast art kit.

They have some mobs and a few environmental assets ready. They curated a few pictures to make it look nice. Guaranteed if they spun the camera around its all white untextured and probably not all the way modeled yet. Nothing but concept art for the raid. They have had at least 5 or 6 months to work on this stuff if not longer. The main SL art was finished in what July? It shouldn't take a year for a small zone, a torghast raid and a megadungeon.
    Now you're just nitpicking.

First it was all concept art... now it's curated or shopped... hell, the last screenshot shows you every covenant new transmog look that was shown in concept during the talk. It's there, it's done.

I'm not saying it's all done, not by a long shot, but it's not all concept... and it will probably be done in their usual 5-7 month cycle. So, May\June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Now you're just nitpicking.

First it was all concept art... now it's curated or shopped... hell, the last screenshot shows you every covenant new transmog look that was shown in concept during the talk. It's there, it's done.

I'm not saying it's all done, not by a long shot, but it's not all concept... and it will probably be done in their usual 5-7 month cycle. So, May\June.
    Having some mobs, armor, pets, mounts ready is a whole different thing to having a zone, raid and dungeon ready. They always show more than 1 screenshot. IF they had more, why not show more?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No addressing of the anima issue, no word on sanctum building stuff. Worrying.
    What anima issue? Were you expecting more sanctum advancements? You're being very vague, going "worrying" when we have no idea what you're talking about.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

How can they not pick up on the extreme excitement for Allied Race customization on the forums, and use that as a major selling point for 9.1 during their presentation?
    Not this shit again. There are other games to celebrate your furry fetish on.

They're taking their time with Shadowlands, obviously lol. We'll probably see 9.1 release in May or June tbh. We'll likely see 2 more patches after 9.1 aswell. There's no way we're gonna stop the Jailer here. If anything, I expect he's gonna win.

Having some mobs, armor, pets, mounts ready is a whole different thing to having a zone, raid and dungeon ready. They always show more than 1 screenshot. IF they had more, why not show more?
    Who knows, and is it that relevant? Incompetency? Bad preparation? Wanting to save it for later? The whole stream and "panels" were underwhelming. They dropped the ball on this BlizzcOnline, that's for sure, but at least we got something, so i'm glad.

Hell, i was happy with the D2 resurrected announcement by itself, so im easy* to please.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 12:49 AM.

Probably because they're spending time developing shit?