Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn’t read the announcement or all the comments but why wouldn’t bliz give the people what they obviously want ( considering all the private servers have boosts so folks can raid without weeks of leveling etc)??? I’m ok with this

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    From what I understand you will be presented with a choice - transfer to a progressed TBC server or leave your character on a classic server and they said only if you pay you will be able to "copy" your character so that it can be both transferred and left on classic server.
    they clone the chars from a certain point in time prior to prepatch: the one twin on classic era realm cannot return for any money in the world to TBC. and the tbc ones obviously are separate from the classic era forever.

so what wont happen: classic era twin after long and winded effort gains its last T3 piece and wants to progress on TBC now. nope, you are stuck there and even cannot mail anything over.
    as a player better be careful what you decide for when that split happens. classic era is a dead end !
    Last edited by ranzino; 2021-02-20 at 02:45 PM.

Boost is good for entire ecosystem. People who otherwise wouldn't touch TBC even with a gun pointed at their head, they might just go now and play some TBC because cancer inducing 1-58 gets skipped entirely.

You will still have your 58-70 journey to complete, but you aren't adding extra month of vegetation whilst trying to catch up with the classic community who are probably raiding at this point. Notion that every single potential TBC player is capable, interested, nor have a time on their hands to clock in fucking 16 hours a day is a bad bet.

All that being said, boost still remains extremely restrictive. And for horde players like me, good fucking luck boosting that sunshine paladin.
    Last edited by neik; 2021-02-20 at 03:02 PM.

it shouldn't be that difficult to get a fresh char to 58, I would wager a large portion of ppl will just level characters so there will be groups going. but this is what you want really, the levelling period is where you make friends, find guilds, fix your UI and keybinds etc. you can do all that at 58, but the process is smoother if you're rusty at the game or completely new. since the professions aren't levelled with the boost you either do your profs while you level to 58 or you'll have to spend time gathering at 58 either way the classic game will always feed players into tbc so the actual game play loop of having alts or ppl starting at level 1 has to still exist its kinda fundamental for the mmo to function.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-20 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    In theory, yes.

I still have all the boosts they have given for free in retail since they introduced them (WoD?).

They work in a weird way. They would scale into the next expansion. An unused lvl 100 boost would turn into a 110 boost when BfA arrived. Stuff like that.

So the lvl 58 boost, if gone unused, should transform to a lvl 68 boost when WotLK classic is released. And you can stack them. They will probably do the same for WotLK. So at the start of the expansion you would have 2 free lvl 68 boosts.
    actually I saw that the boost was paid apparently, so only those who play tbc can get it, and only those who want to use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Don't like it? Too bad.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    same thing with BE/draenei will happen if classic WotLK becomes reality: all those new DKs will have to drag their shiny butts through TBC, all those levels with no boost allowed. better get accustomed to it

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Boo hoo? I think it's great, since I can skip the shitty part and get straight to TBC. Classic is trash. I'm glad I can skip it.

Its the most reasonable thing they can do for people who want to skip classic wow and jump to TBC

Why is that unthinkable ? first dont like it, dont use it, second its 14+ year old content.

I'm sorry to put this realization on all of you but a one time lvl 58 boost isn't a big deal and you shouldn't worry about it

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Boo hoo? I think it's great, since I can skip the shitty part and get straight to TBC. Classic is trash. I'm glad I can skip it.
    tbc on its own is free of course
    what is your likely threshold for the boost, what are you willing to pay ? if it comes with T0 or equivalent as rumored, it could be worth the money

technically a boost is also a legal gold sell, as those boosted chars would starve without a sort of "allowance" of currency; AFAIK they start without professions and obviously have to grab gold for epic mount soon-ish (ok, unless you are alliance: their winterspring frostsaber is epic in velocity, but requires the normal rideskill only. dont tell the horde.... )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vevox1 View Post
    I'm sorry to put this realization on all of you but a one time lvl 58 boost isn't a big deal and you shouldn't worry about it
    one time for free, any additional boost for a fee ? or just really once in a lifetime for the account AND it charges you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Have the boost available for a week then remove it at least! Don't have an optional boost forever.
    People can't read apparently, one boost for account that's it end of story and end of thread.

Some people seem confused.
    It's a one-time purchase per account.

This is a plus for players, you could spend 2 months on subscription leveling, or you can buy a boost and get right into the action.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    one time for free, any additional boost for a fee ? or just really once in a lifetime for the account AND it charges you ?
    ffrom the info we have once per account and they charge you although pricing will be revealed later so who knows

I welcome this if I would play TBC... classic leveling is horrendous.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    This is a plus for players, you could spend 2 months on subscription leveling, or you can buy a boost and get right into the action.
    Still need to do the leveling. Pay to win in my book and should of never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Some people seem confused.
    It's a one-time purchase per account.
    Yup and only if you do not have an existing max level character.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Still need to do the leveling. Pay to win in my book and should of never happened.
    then they shouldnt let you copy char from vanila realm they should give it fresh start everyone from the scratch, otherwise you have advantage over people who bought boost, and given you have to be subbed, you PAID FOR IT...
    technicaly if people who wont copy char would have to start from scratch, its like you paid for early access that let you finish leveling and farm gold and other stuff...

letting people who dont want to bother with the boring shitshow vanila leveling was and skip to START of tbc is not pay to win, is pay to start the game from begining
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-02-20 at 04:07 PM.