Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The truth is this.. if its a good remaster than I will have no problem dropping the 40 bucks. If its a WC3 sinking ship level of a remaster than its way not worth it. Once upon a time I would have known Blizzard was good without thinking about it on this. But now I feel its more a coin flip. Certainly wont be doing any pre-ordering/pre-purchase stuff and I will certainly be letting some time tick to see what people are saying. Let others flip the coin from now on.

Like what I've seen so far myself. I won't preorder but $40 sounds reasonable for how many hours your average user will get out of it.

I know myself I'll play a Sorceress, Druid and Necro just in solo play not counting season gameplay. Figure about 10-15 hours of *causal* game play to clear normal, then maybe another hour or two above that for Hard per character. Not sure after that, depending on gearing.

So just in solo play about 60-90 hours. That doesn't count seasonal play.

I've not played D3 in a long time but I've got thousands of hours of gameplay across like 10 alts.

$40 is a paltry fee to get ~100 hours of gameplay from. Let alone potentially ~1000+ from seasonal play. But again if you don't want to play it, don't.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The graphics seem to be a full update, and supposedly all of the cinematics are being redone also. That takes a ton of time and effort so I'm okay paying a $40 for a fully remastered version of a game I already own. As long as it doesn't turn out to be the shitfestival that WCIII supposedly was, I'm pretty fine with the price.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

40 is perfectly reasonable to me as long as it isn't a broken mess like WC3 was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    how much will we pay in future for a new ip
    uh, probably $60 like most everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    "potential"
    how many from this topic will actually complete normal? 5? 6? diablo 2 is outdated game in many ways and redrawn picture will not make it better. it just plays badly
    If you don't think it's worth it because you don't thing you'll get 40USD worth of enjoyment out of it...don't buy it.

From the sounds of it doesn't seem like you were ever going to buy it regardless of the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, its called fanboys. therefore the mantra Blizz use here, works perfectly: „Lets look if they pay it. after the first wave of idiots paid that price, we can still lower the price to get more customers anyway.“
    That's not "the Blizz mantra". That's how every company works. No matter what product you buy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

yall complain about 40$ for this.. but no the 40$ for THPS 1 and 2.. makes sense..

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is so ignorant that shouldn't warrant a reply, but alas, i'm feeling up for it.

After 20 years, the game is STILL played. There are huge communities, there are multiple projects revamping it, creating it as other games MODs. There are also countless fans that are eager to dive back into the game, and this remaster (which is looking amazing) promises a very good experience.

But hey, we'll all pack our bags and move along since you, dear sir, say it "just plays bad". laughable.

in case you're curious :

https://www.median-xl.com/
    https://pathofdiablo.com/
    D2 recreated on Grim Dawn - https://forums.crateentertainment.co...f-terror/35347
    D2 recreated on Starcraft 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPe...nnel=egodbout2

but yea man, it's just a shitty game no one is interested it. what a bad ideia.

sigh

this reminds me of the old Classic argument "no one wants it! outdated game!", yet millions play it exhaustively. -millions-.

- - - Updated - - -

The hope is that some of those, MedianXL for example, follows D2:R, since it will be mod friendly. That's the dream right there.
    Diablo II DOES play highly outdatedly, though. You can still enjoy it. That's perfectly fine. But there's a zero percent chance I'd buy a game like Diablo II if it were new and asking for full game price. I'll only be picking up Diablo II resurrected for Nostalgia.

Don't get me wrong, I had years of fun in Diablo 2. But I think spending over 100 points in a skill tree to basically buff one ability and then blinking all over the map is silly game design. And the game doesn't even really get fun until well after level cap.

And yeah, a lot of people love playing WoW classic too, but if a modern MMO came out like that, it'd likely get ripped to shreds as well.

Both of those games are very outdated. Both of those games are still enjoyed by many. Both of these sentiments are true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    yall complain about 40$ for this.. but no the 40$ for THPS 1 and 2.. makes sense..
    I hope this game does to D2 what THPS 1+2 did to those games. There's zero reason for me to even think about booting up the old versions of those games any more, and it was one of the best $40 I spent last year

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Quick question, so the current version...what happens to that. And it’s......gone. I did buy the downloadable one like 3-4 years ago and occasionally play for a little while creating new characters since they delete your account fast if it doesn’t get used. Crazy how in 20 years a company can make you buy their old game 3 times over, if I were to get this remaster.
    why did you buy it again? all you had to do was register your original code on bnet to download it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    And meanwhile, Nintendo comes in with a HD version of Skyward Sword and wants 60.
    nintendo never lowers the price on any of the games they make.

Not gonna buy it at full price - at least for now. Not because there's not job being done on it, but simply because i don't really see myself putting a lot of hours into it. Yes, nostalgia is strong but also fades very quickly.

I'd really like to enter the tech alpha and actually try it, and see if it hooks me. I don't have much time and it's already filled with other games
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The hope is that some of those, MedianXL for example, follows D2:R, since it will be mod friendly. That's the dream right there.
    Mod friendly on modern battle.net? doubt.

only way that happens nowadays is with one of those "everything you upload becomes blizz property" clauses.

Whether this is worth it totally depends on how much they remaster.

But i couldn't play D2 today anyway. Loved it 20 years ago, but today i'd miss so many QoL-Features that it'd be a drag to replay all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    D2R, is that with the expansion pack as well?

40 dollars isn't that much, the could sound like a further reward idea but hasn't been told so I don't believe so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Whether this is worth it totally depends on how much they remaster.

But i couldn't play D2 today anyway. Loved it 20 years ago, but today i'd miss so many QoL-Features that it'd be a drag to replay all of that.
    That is the curse of many remasterings, the game world, and the players have experienced and changed a lot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Demon souls is a complete remake for the ps5. Resident evil again complete remakes.

This is 3d models slapped onto the original code.

Im not that bothered by the price but come on people.
    What? Source on this? Afaik they removed the 25fps lock, which more likely than not required rewriting of code.
    Then we simply have to fact that sprite animation implementation is different than 3d model animations. So even there it's new code. Same goes with spell effects that require new code.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-02-22 at 10:12 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    Yes. tl,dr: remasters on the market can hit up to 70usd. Also the D2 + D2:LoD is 20usd still this day, so its just double as much and if im right u will get the old game too by buying the remaster so its beyond reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Really? After the WC3 debacle?
    Just to inform some people who seem to think this is in the same boat as WC3.

WC3 wasnt a remaster it was a remake(even though wikipedia states it was, its wrong).

D2 and Starcraft is going to be/are remasters.

The difference is that Warcraft 3's engine was remade making it an actual different game. They did this to make it run smoother and stuff, but in reality what we got was just a different game. Due to technical limitations the way you coded games back then actually had an influence on the balance of the game.

Diablo 2 remastered is going to be the old game running with a heavy layer of polish on top(as well as a few added features) but the base game is still the same. Combat works the same, it just looks better. You can even turn the new graphics off in d2 remastered if you want. Essentially making it d2 with better servers and a few added features that everyone uses anyway like shared stash.

Even if people dont 100% get what theyw ant from d2 remastered, if thats even possible, it can in no way end up in the same way that wc3 did assuming they stick to what they have said.

As for the 2nd thing. Blizzard technically outsourced this remake, even though the studio now works under Blizzard so its not really an outsource anymore. They are part of blizzard now. Anyway that studio is excellent at remasters. They have already done a few that turned out GREAT and thats why blizzard choose them. They want this to be what the fans want-

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    You're not the only one that thinks this way but I disagree with you, I think the price is fair. It's 2 games after all, both remastered. I prefer to pay more and get good quality, than paying cheap and get a shitty game
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played d2 for years but lost my install discs along the way. So for me this is a decent price for a game that I will get many hundreds of hours out of assuming it's as decent as it looks in the videos we saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I played d2 for years but lost my install discs along the way. So for me this is a decent price for a game that I will get many hundreds of hours out of assuming it's as decent as it looks in the videos we saw.
    If you have the cd-keys you can add them to your bnet account and downlaod the game from bnet. I've done that with d2, lod and wc3+ft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    If you have the cd-keys you can add them to your bnet account and downlaod the game from bnet. I've done that with d2, lod and wc3+ft.
    Nah. I lost the boxes and codes along with the discs. I used to keep all my install discs in a big cd case with the keys in it but that all got lost/destroyed in a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    40 is perfectly reasonable to me as long as it isn't a broken mess like WC3 was.
    uh, probably $60 like most everything else?
    Just like to point out that Blizzards latest IP's have either been free or $40.
    Overwatch 2 I imagine will be $40 as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found