Is hearthstone canon in wow?

Given that there are many hearthstone boards doesnt that make it canon? But what about the non canon cards like Ragnaros lightlord?

It's canon in the sense it's a card game in WoW. That's it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's canon in the sense it's a card game in WoW. That's it.
    I don't know, looks like it's cannon.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

There's a Hearthstone game in WoW that references Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, yes. But the game itself, as well as the units such as light Ragnaros, are not canon.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason why it should be canon either, tbh. The game only exists to be fun and innocent. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    There's a Hearthstone game in WoW that references Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, yes. But the game itself, as well as the units such as light Ragnaros, are not canon.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason why it should be canon either, tbh. The game only exists to be fun and innocent. That's it.
    Well, some things unique to Hearthstone has been added to canon lore - like the Tortollans.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

There's NPCs playing it in the MoP inns, and pretty sure the troops in the garrison reference it.

Also in Legion the mage near the bank has a golden dr.boom card from hearthstone.

So yes it's very canon that it exists.
    The cards themselves are just based on actual characters though, or alternate versions of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Given that there are many hearthstone boards doesnt that make it canon? But what about the non canon cards like Ragnaros lightlord?
    The game itself is canon. What cards are, and aren't, we can't really know.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The actual game is canon in WoW, but the lore it represents most definately is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    But what about the non canon cards like Ragnaros lightlord?
    Presumably the card is canon, but it's canonical fiction. Whoever's making Hearthstone cards in the lore is making up fictional stories about real people and places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Of all the "Alternate worlds" things WoW has, I wouldn't mind hearthstone worlds being one you could visit. Say for a fun random dungeon that otherwise has no effect on our azeroth. Sorta like how some of the Caverns of Time dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of it, but they do draw certain things from it if needed. For example the entirety of the Explorer League is WoW, albeit not Rafaam.

Also never forget that N'zoth's "face" was revealed in Hearthstone first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, definitely canon. Scholomance was definitely Hogwart.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Hearthstone Gadgetzan was canon.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I like to think that the world in Hearthstone is canon, but things that appear on cards and the 'what-if' scenarios are not. Like, Gadgetzan in Hearthstone is a much bigger, bustling city than it is ever presented in-game, but I think that's just a limitation of the WoW environment. 'Canonically' every zone, city and settlement is ten times bigger than it really is. So I'd say Gadgetzan canon yes, but Light Ragnaros canon no.

3+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish Rastakhan's Rumble was a thing that actually happa- oh that's right. He's dead. Still, it would be cool
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Sometimes Hearthstone proposes something that would be interesting for WoW as well. They could technically take those things and make them canon if they wanted, but by default it's the same as with the RPG books.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?