Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gotta love it when people not involved with creating WoW in any shape or form tell Blizzard that they are out of touch. The Horde is a Blizzard creation, it is whatever they decide it is. Your personal head canon is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Gotta love it when people not involved with creating WoW in any shape or form tell Blizzard that they are out of touch. The Horde is a Blizzard creation, it is whatever they decide it is. Your personal head canon is irrelevant.
    Just because you created something doesn't make you the best person to write that thing.

It's like with parenting. Making a baby doesn't make you a good parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Horde has gone to shit with Sylvanus.
    Fixed that for you.

Some of the points in the offical forum post were nonsense, though.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-02-22 at 08:03 PM.

The rest I could take or leave, fluff all around and the perspective you'd expect. The two exceptions are what OP mentioned - that the writers have now owned the unintentional story regarding Thrall's lack of familiarity with the orcs even if they're basically ignoring some of the most interesting aspects of this. The other is the bit about Garrosh's throwing away of Gorehowl being a sign of him giving up and a last case of him losing his cool when about to kill the guy who told him about his dad. Need time to mull it over but a moment that's always irked me in the last confrontation, I really like that reading.

The main issue is that Thrall was in a good spot in Shadows Rising and I don't see how they can get anything out of him meeting his mother that they didn't with Warlords, especially given how strikingly boring she is.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I bet you like the Phantom Menace, don't you. And Terminator: Dark Fate. And Prometheus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    And look what happened to him, he fought and died for his belief that the war was wrong...and even after being betrayed by Sylvanas and showing her true colors, Horde players still hate him.

I guess just like how Thaly didn't like being told the truth that her people have a history of treachery and abandonment, some players just don't like the truth.
    Hindsight is a bitch, huh? He became sick of war by the time WotLK, but he did fight in at least three before that. As for him being hated? Pretty sure most hate he got from the players was because how inconsistent and dumb he was for most of BfA.

Like: Genocide of the night elves? Awesome. Kill the single most dangerous person for the whole operation from behind? Na, that is dishonorable.
    Sylvanas does questionable shit? Better go along with it a bit longer.
    I'm free to do whatever I want? better not do shit.
    Dunno what the Horde is? Better ask the human twerp who isn't old enough to have a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Baine wouldn't even have to challenge her to a Mak'gora they just needed to have any showing of him acting out and make it be because of the tree not just some drop of a hat Rebellion because of one undead.
    That's a good point. Looking back, I can't recall Baine speaking out about Teldrassil even once, and the last straw should have been well before Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Just because you created something doesn't make you the best person to write that thing.

It's like with parenting. Making a baby doesn't make you a good parent.
    And not being a parent or even, to keep this on course, being *capable* of being a parent, doesn't make you qualified to give parenting advice either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I bet you like the Phantom Menace, don't you. And Terminator: Dark Fate. And Prometheus.
    Didn't like or dislike the prequel trilogy. They were better than the newest ones though. Never even saw Dark Fate or Prometheus. Never been a fan of the Alien franchise, I think it's dumb. And I stopped with Terminator after the Sarah Connor Chronicles got cancelled.

But even if I dislike something, that doesn't mean I have much ground to tell them what to do with their franchise.

And not being a parent or even, to keep this on course, being *capable* of being a parent, doesn't make you qualified to give parenting advice either.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't like or dislike the prequel trilogy. They were better than the newest ones though. Never even saw Dark Fate or Prometheus. Never been a fan of the Alien franchise, I think it's dumb. And I stopped with Terminator after the Sarah Connor Chronicles got cancelled.

But even if I dislike something, that doesn't mean I have much ground to tell them what to do with their franchise.
    You don't need to be a parent to know that a mother dropping her baby on its head while getting shitfaced is a shit fucking parent.

Besides, a notion that "it's their property so you can't criticise it!" is fucking retarded. The product is for the audience.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-02-22 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    You don't need to be a parent to know that a mother dropping her baby on its head while getting shitfaced is a shit fucking parent.

Besides, a notion that "it's their property so you can't criticise it!" is fucking retarded. The product is for the audience.
    You can criticize it, but you can't "be out of touch" with your own IP. That's head canon taking over at that point. They're out of touch with what OP thinks the Horde is.

I didn't run online to bitch about Blizzard being "out of touch" because I didn't like that they had the Horde start acting a lot like Nazis (in my opinion) under Garrosh and Sylvanas. I just stopped playing Horde and switched Alliance. I didn't cry until I made them give me what I want. I voted with my time and focus.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2021-02-22 at 10:28 PM.

Certain blizzard that Reforged is finished. So the game is perfect and since we don't do RTS we can't comment on the subject right?

By the way, when you call a technician, don't discuss anything with him either. Do not?

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Certain blizzard that Reforged is finished. So the game is perfect and since we don't do RTS we can't comment on the subject right?

By the way, when you call a technician, don't discuss anything with him either. Do not?
    Yeah, I added context to what I meant in later posts, so not responding to straw men.

Ok my bad.
    But we still have the issue of incordance.
    If they say the Tauren are "the Horde's morale compass."
    And they don't do anything with teldrazzil and nothing in between BFA. But they get angry for Jaina's brother.

Well The Horde has no morals or the tauren are not the moral compass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall abolished the clans
    he did what now? what the fuck is that? he specifically ask for the "warsong clan" in wc3

The end of WC3 for Thrall was Thrall liberating his people from the “blood curse” alongside Grommash who was “the first who took the cup”
    now it was thrall that liberated his people, and grommash just help?

dude, im completely baffled about this, who the fuck said those things? did they ever played or read about this game?

Garrosh was also raised not a “real orc” because of the shame of his father
    what?

the shame of his father, forced him to become the “Orc-iest of the Orcs, Orc all the time”
    ?????????
    Nobody won the Mak’gora between Garrosh and Thrall. Garrosh throwing Gorehowl was Garrosh giving up one last time. Thrall just walked away without looking back, defeated.
    HAHA they retconing the shit so thrall don't come up as a cheater, this Bs of giving up by throwing the weapon is bullshit

at least is proof that magic is NOT allowed, and he used because the shit, apparently, was over when a weapon is throwed.

Elements did not respond to Thrall in Legion. You don’t command the elements, you ask them to heed your call.
    at least something good, confirmation that he did force the elements to do his will

BFA was H vs A in a level we haven’t seen since Warcraft 2
    this has to be a joke

Golden wrote the Saurfang/Thrall cinematic, living symbols of various incarnations of the Horde.
    so it was her fault the character assassination after all, and how Saurfang had to ask her golden boy about what honor means

“Tauren are the heart of the Horde, they really are. They are the moral compass of the Horde. I’m not biased or anything. /chuckles” -Golden
    not at all miss, not at all

and man, i though the worst was already passed, and they come up with this, its rly depressing, how a team can write and talk about something they have so little understanding about it? is just like they only heard a resume about the horde and call a day

The problem is that most of the original creators of the lore are long gone from Blizzard so what we are left with is someone else's bastardized interpretation

7+ Year Old Account
    implying it was this specific team that created the horde

cause i don't remember Golden or Danouser being around since Warcraft 3, you know, when the new horde was created

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The problem is that most of the original creators of the lore are long gone from Blizzard so what we are left with is someone else's bastardized interpretation
    the thing is those guys don't even read the old material, is not even their interpretation, is straight up ignore and retcon things to fit their vision.

i could totally see someone else taking the reins and doing something good if they knew about the lore better

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the thing is those guys don't even read the old material, is not even their interpretation, is straight up ignore and retcon things to fit their vision.

i could totally see someone else taking the reins and doing something good if they knew about the lore better
    Yeah I agree with that. Take the current lore behind the Maldraxxus, for example. They basically retconned the Nerubians and their influence on Scourge architecture out of existence to give The Scourge some bullshit origin story. It's just a forced connection, the Maldraxxus lore just come across as trying too hard

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    If Baine is the moral compass of the Horde, which points to "P" as in "Pussy" or C as in "Coward". Then I guess I will reroll to ally. Even allies are better than that lowlife. Wasn't it Baine that claimed Camp Taurajo massacre was OK?

If Horde wanted to play Ally, they'd just do that. Writers can stick "Horde as Red Ally" narrative to their you-know-wheres and they should stop telling us how we should feel. I do not give a crap about Teldrassil.
    If you want to play the game like that you should also accept Allies bashing your head agains the cobblestones each time you do shit like Teldrassil and genociding you right back instead of "Oh we should forgive the horde! They are totally innocent , good people!"

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If you want to play the game like that you should also accept Allies bashing your head agains the cobblestones each time you do shit like Teldrassil and genociding you right back instead of "Oh we should forgive the horde! They are totally innocent , good people!"
    Nah, a lot of Horde fans want to be free to act like genocidal assholes while paradoxically being free from facing any consequences for their actions. They want to kill that Night Elf family, but they also believe that genocide is good/allowable and should therefore face no repercussions for the murder/rape/desecration of said family.

Remember, a lot of these are the same people with the "Alliance are faggots" mentality you saw expressed at Blizzcon a few years ago. I think it was the same Blizzcon that a woman was assaulted for wearing a Night Elf t-shirt by proud members of the Horde.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2021-02-22 at 11:49 PM.

The Horde is a fucking Brundlefly of loose associations, ideologies, and aesthetic markers devoid of context at this point. It is a marketing symbol with multiple decades of baggage, let alone 17 years of community baggage, same as the Alliance. There's multiple canonical descriptions that contradict each other over the years, with the main site having shifting summaries within a few years of one another. Even picking just one of them you'll find there's internal inconsistencies with their own details.

It's nothing but a brand. Fuck factions. Burn them all down. Start by replacing them with racial stories and campaigns to avoid total homogeneity and give the characters the respect they deserve for once by separating things by legitimate, well-developed cultures rather than a paragraph-long shallow ethos.

Even when trying to preserve some lame semblance of the alleged "core" they talk so much of the factions, it's just a different kind of blandness to a different master...and requires the primary characters to be fucking stupid and/or have a memory of 2-3 years.

Nah, a lot of Horde fans want to be free to act like genocidal assholes while paradoxically being free from facing any consequences for their actions. They want to kill that Night Elf family, but they also believe that genocide is good/allowable and should therefore face no repercussions for the murder/rape/desecration of said family.

Remember, a lot of these are the same people with the "Alliance are faggots" mentality you saw expressed at Blizzcon a few years ago. I think it was the same Blizzcon that a woman was assaulted for wearing a Night Elf t-shirt by proud members of the Horde.
    Yep. Some of them say otherwise but as far as i noticed most horde players seem to think that Alliance fans are some kind of voluntary masochists or willing fuck dolls who exist only to satisfy their cravings for violence (when their mom refused to cook them chicken tendies for dinner and made veggies instead) and "badassery" while not really fighting back. Or rather "fighting" back but in a completely castrated fashion, without actually making it hurt so you could pretend to have a fair fight without really fighting.

And then they accuse Alliance players of being "unreasonable" when we want to have the same kind of a deal.

Big newsflash - Alliance players are same people as you are and want to fight and win instead of constantly being cucked out of any retaliation by the plot.