Strongly considering firing up my DH again - but I'm confused in regards to covenants

Logs are showing Night Fae to be the best, but every guide out there claims Venthyr to be.
    What gives?

Furthermore, with the current changes on PTR - is there anything I should be aware of when crafting my first legendary? Are the 2 current BiS legendaries still BiS or will there be a contester for these?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Bloodmallet does regular runs with the data (nightly I think), so it is the most current. Many of the guides were written before the expansion even launched.

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/demon_...stingpatchwerk shows the Niya Night Fae is the strongest right now.

Hey. Check out Jedith on youtube. He has lots of recent videos about all of this. Bullet point version is...

-Night Fea is best for pvp and strong pve
    -Venth is strongest for boss damage and strong overall for anything
    -Kyrian is better for Vengeance and does well for m+ trash damage as Havoc. Its lower than first two for bosses.
    -Necro is currently a no go for havoc. But this could change come next patch.

-Current legendary crafts are Collective Anguish and Chaos Theory. Both of these come from raid.

-Burning Wound legendary is getting some notice on the PTR so you could safely build that IMO if you can't get the other two from raid.

-Razel's and Fire Soul are standard tanking legendary pieces.

I mainly only know info about havoc, sorry if you are looking for tank info. Plenty of youtube videos for talents and legends out there on tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Hey. Check out Jedith on youtube. He has lots of recent videos about all of this. Bullet point version is...

-Kyrian is better for Vengeance and does well for m+ trash damage as Havoc. Its lower than first two for bosses.

-Current legendary crafts are Collective Anguish and Chaos Theory. Both of these come from raid.

-Burning Wound legendary is getting some notice on the PTR so you could safely build that IMO if you can't get the other two from raid.

I mainly only know info about havoc, sorry if you are looking for tank info. Plenty of youtube videos for talents and legends out there on tanking.
    Both should be 100% drop from LFR so no reason to make anything else at this point.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raage View Post
    Logs are showing Night Fae to be the best, but every guide out there claims Venthyr to be.
    What gives?

Furthermore, with the current changes on PTR - is there anything I should be aware of when crafting my first legendary? Are the 2 current BiS legendaries still BiS or will there be a contester for these?
    Currently Havoc isn't performing that great, meanwhile Vengeance is a premier kiting tank and while gear levels have started to catch up to allow tanks to take a few hits DH's are currently doing incredible damage that's pretty much uncapped which allows them to basically kite large groups of enemies using their sigils and the kyrian sigil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunate.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”