Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Sure.

FoS Lora
    FoS BF

Both survived to last day last game and both would rather just end day 1 without talking over anything at all.
    "wahhhhhhhhhh i lost because of those people so im gonna FOS them even though i have no valid reason to wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It's almost been a day since the game day began and robo has fewer posts than the mod. Policy lynch time!

/Just kidding

Yeah, we shouldn't be going into dusk early. Kinda defeats the entire point of the game. More time spent posting = more time for scum to slip. Or not post and look suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Cereal usually is good with prodding ppl and hes not doing that why?
    I prod people when I see things worth prodding

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I see Lora and BF wanting to to head to dusk early, but I don't think that is alignment indicative because of who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    At this point I see Lora and BF wanting to to head to dusk early, but I don't think that is alignment indicative because of who they are.
    I can agree it might not be alignment with them but thats the way they play and this game we can't afford just hop on a random train and hope to win

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I can agree it might not be alignment with them but thats the way they play and this game we can't afford just hop on a random train and hope to win
    I’m not suggesting that at all. I’m just not concerned with the push to move to Dusk since it’s unanimous and I’m not voting to push to Dusk until we have a consensus on who we are lynching.

I haven’t seen anything outwardly suspicious from any specific person. We have a ton of time remaining so I’ll be watching to see if I see anything but if I had to choose I’d probably lean towards lynching someone who lived towards the end of the last game.

Im not going to rant like I would normally like to because people will just call me flood box again.

But....this game already reeks of bullshit which is honestly, impressive. and to argue this, may I present to you what I call the BF postulates.

Axiom 1: Day 1 is primarily guided by the previous game and follows the same structure.
    I find this to be truly self evident if you go back to almost every previous game the first day always go through the same key steps
    1.1: The washing of the slate
    The first half of day 1 is filled with primarily two things. The first of which is general mockery or memeing of either the theme or the players. This often includes commentary about the previous games, like mocking prior actions. This serves to establish that the previous game is now past and we have given up on previous grievances we may have had (not virothe). This is always almost immediately followed up by the second subphase in which people pesudospeculate on the roles/setup and put in small softclaims they can use later. For the most part the speculation is genuine and is done by a smaller handful of players. Usually while this is happening people drop softclaims very often in in the mists of their own speculation. Often times VT are the loudest in this part as they both have the most to gain and have the most earnest speculation.

1.2: not so clean after all
    The section phase occurs usual in the second half of day 1 when voting is just starting to become established. In this phase people will pretend to choose randomly but this is never true. As mush as the previous phase attempted to bring us into the next game the previous games still lingers. People who lived long during the previous games tend to become more active as there is an unspoken threat that they will be the most likely to be lynched. In theory scum too are often anxious not to get lynched here but its rare to defend on day 1 so if they find themselves starting to get a train direct counter plays will not be seen here but they will be very careful with their voting at this state. this phase ends once 2 trains have been established or we are about 6 hours from the deadline.

1.3: the scramble
    once we have entered this phase the lynch targets are clear. Normally once one takes the lead and is either forced to claim a role or claim for sympathy. If either is sucessful the vote is swapped very quickly and the day finally ends.

So the above all assumes we are in a normal game and in such games the narrative is predrawn and scum move votes away use subtle tactics. In this game we have a bit of an experiment no? What can scum do to move a lynch off a teammate without being bale to discuss is and soften their reasoning? Well then its all the more clear. Given the chance why would we follow the same old mould on a game literally called the experiment?

TL;DR: push dusk it gives less of a chance for scum to protect themsleves on d1

and let me be clear here:
    I do not want to fast forward this game into dusk past d1. I just think a quick resolution to d1 would cause some extra juicy shit to talk about on d2.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahem: also i need to call out a trend im seeing

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=CerealLord;53035684]
    I haven’t seen anything outwardly suspicious from any specific person. We have a ton of time remaining so I’ll be watching to see if I see anything but if I had to choose I’d FUCK this attitude.
    My god even if you dont follow the BF postulates, do you fuckers REALLY think you're going to find anything scummy on day 1? ESPECIALLY with the claim that you're going to wait and see what happens? Like this shit is bonkers. IF you're going to claim to wanna see something on Day one then you have to make it the fuck happen. Its D1 scum arnt going to out themselves on day or or "slip" if you're just stting there waiting for them to do so!

unFOS robo
    FOS Cereal
    FOS Xabjori

All I mean is that there are two literal days left of discussions to have. At no point did I sit here and say that I was going to not participate in the conversation. But feel free to keep going off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's almost been a day since the game day began and robo has fewer posts than the mod. Policy lynch time!

/Just kidding
    How rude! I have been ruded!

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Blood Fox;53035831]Im not going to rant like I would normally like to because people will just call me flood box again.

But....this game already reeks of bullshit which is honestly, impressive. and to argue this, may I present to you what I call the BF postulates.

Axiom 1: Day 1 is primarily guided by the previous game and follows the same structure.
    I find this to be truly self evident if you go back to almost every previous game the first day always go through the same key steps
    1.1: The washing of the slate
    The first half of day 1 is filled with primarily two things. The first of which is general mockery or memeing of either the theme or the players. This often includes commentary about the previous games, like mocking prior actions. This serves to establish that the previous game is now past and we have given up on previous grievances we may have had (not virothe). This is always almost immediately followed up by the second subphase in which people pesudospeculate on the roles/setup and put in small softclaims they can use later. For the most part the speculation is genuine and is done by a smaller handful of players. Usually while this is happening people drop softclaims very often in in the mists of their own speculation. Often times VT are the loudest in this part as they both have the most to gain and have the most earnest speculation.

1.2: not so clean after all
    The section phase occurs usual in the second half of day 1 when voting is just starting to become established. In this phase people will pretend to choose randomly but this is never true. As mush as the previous phase attempted to bring us into the next game the previous games still lingers. People who lived long during the previous games tend to become more active as there is an unspoken threat that they will be the most likely to be lynched. In theory scum too are often anxious not to get lynched here but its rare to defend on day 1 so if they find themselves starting to get a train direct counter plays will not be seen here but they will be very careful with their voting at this state. this phase ends once 2 trains have been established or we are about 6 hours from the deadline.

1.3: the scramble
    once we have entered this phase the lynch targets are clear. Normally once one takes the lead and is either forced to claim a role or claim for sympathy. If either is sucessful the vote is swapped very quickly and the day finally ends.

So the above all assumes we are in a normal game and in such games the narrative is predrawn and scum move votes away use subtle tactics. In this game we have a bit of an experiment no? What can scum do to move a lynch off a teammate without being bale to discuss is and soften their reasoning? Well then its all the more clear. Given the chance why would we follow the same old mould on a game literally called the experiment?

TL;DR: push dusk it gives less of a chance for scum to protect themsleves on d1

and let me be clear here:
    I do not want to fast forward this game into dusk past d1. I just think a quick resolution to d1 would cause some extra juicy shit to talk about on d2.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahem: also i need to call out a trend im seeing

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t seen anything outwardly suspicious from any specific person. We have a ton of time remaining so I’ll be watching to see if I see anything but if I had to choose I’d FUCK this attitude.
    My god even if you dont follow the BF postulates, do you fuckers REALLY think you're going to find anything scummy on day 1? ESPECIALLY with the claim that you're going to wait and see what happens? Like this shit is bonkers. IF you're going to claim to wanna see something on Day one then you have to make it the fuck happen. Its D1 scum arnt going to out themselves on day or or "slip" if you're just stting there waiting for them to do so!

unFOS robo
    FOS Cereal
    FOS Xabjori

- - - Updated - - -

weird. i guess quoting bloodfox on my phone broke it. i was just saying it was fire and like minds think alike.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

All I mean is that there are two literal days left of discussions to have. At no point did I sit here and say that I was going to not participate in the conversation. But feel free to keep going off.
    discussions on what? whta shade of blue the sky is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post
    its green.

Such as discussing who the lynch target is and why. Otherwise we have a high chance of a no-lynch come Dusk phase. Its 12 hours with no talking allowed.

The color of the sky over you is dependent on the angle of your location relevant to the sun.

If it's mid day, then the sun is angled towards the Earth at 90 degrees, and the light has to pass through relatively little atmosphere (about 60 miles) to reach you. Thus, the light waves are passing through relatively few atmospheric particles which scatter the light, making the sky appear blue*.

*to clarify: the sky itself is not actually blue. What is happening is that the light waves you are receiving when you look up at the sky are blue, because the wavelength of the light was altered by running into atmospheric particles which scattered some light waves, changing the length of the remaining light wave.

As the sun dips down towards the horizon, the light waves have to pass through more and more atmosphere, and therefore the light waves are scattered by more particles, changing the color of the sky near the sun to a yellowish and reddish color.

From our view on earth, we view the sun as yellow, but it's not actually yellow. It's actually white, emitting pure light. It's just that by the time that light has reached us, the light waves have been altered and scattered by running into atmospheric particles, and thus the sun looks yellow (when it's actually not).

This effect is called Rayleigh Scattering.

10+ Year Old Account
    The color of the sky over you is dependent on the angle of your location relevant to the sun.

If it's mid day, then the sun is angled towards the Earth at 90 degrees, and the light has to pass through relatively little atmosphere (about 60 miles) to reach you. Thus, the light waves are passing through relatively few atmospheric particles which scatter the light, making the sky appear blue*.

*to clarify: the sky itself is not actually blue. What is happening is that the light waves you are receiving when you look up at the sky are blue, because the wavelength of the light was altered by running into atmospheric particles which scattered some light waves, changing the length of the remaining light wave.

As the sun dips down towards the horizon, the light waves have to pass through more and more atmosphere, and therefore the light waves are scattered by more particles, changing the color of the sky near the sun to a yellowish and reddish color.

From our view on earth, we view the sun as yellow, but it's not actually yellow. It's actually white, emitting pure light. It's just that by the time that light has reached us, the light waves have been altered and scattered by running into atmospheric particles, and thus the sun looks yellow (when it's actually not).

This effect is called Rayleigh Scattering.
    thanks bill nye

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    "wahhhhhhhhhh i lost because of those people so im gonna FOS them even though i have no valid reason to wahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    "Wahhhhhhhhhh I dont wanna be lynched even though Im useless so Ill just end D1 wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Such as discussing who the lynch target is and why. Otherwise we have a high chance of a no-lynch come Dusk phase. Its 12 hours with no talking allowed.
    This is exactly what I think should happen, then people are fully culpable for not lynching. You can’t justify your bullshit with talking. Likely two trains will form then everyone else is forced to pick without justifying it. That seems very telling me to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    "Wahhhhhhhhhh I dont wanna be lynched even though Im useless so Ill just end D1 wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    "wahhhhhhhhhhhh i dont like that someone lived long so im gonna pretend thats a good reason to lynch someone instead of pretending to find totally real slips that scum would totally leave for realsies on day one wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

So im still good with blood or Lora if they want to go down this route im all for d1'ing one of them that garbage long post was too much

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    "wahhhhhhhhhhhh i dont like that someone lived long so im gonna pretend thats a good reason to lynch someone instead of pretending to find totally real slips that scum would totally leave for realsies on day one wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    >Lets not talk day 1
    >Lets lynch someone that slipped

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like we're getting a bit of "the usual suspects" kinda vibe going on day one lately.

We have people who play the game with a system in place. These people will probably start the game off slow and fluff around and then eventually turn the switch and start being serious and probably accuse someone of whatever reason they can possibly find to get the ball rolling. Doing that will create discussion and then everything falls into place after that.

Then we have the people who have a chaotic playstyle. These people just want to let things happen in a way that is completely random. A random lynch and then analysize later. They don't percieve day one to be as useful in terms of information given.

And always both these playstyles clash because they want the game their way, and then these discussions ensue.

With that stated, foxxi obviously created this game with the idea of having discussion involved. That's why we have a talking block, and a voting block. So I think that's how we should play, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    This was just unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna give a few quick reads, for people too see where i am.

My top two town at the moment are:

Val. Ignoring that garbage comment about the sky, his post earlier

If someone waits until the last 5 minutes of the day to announce that they are a cop, ignore them. Let's not reward people trying to circumvent the system, hoping to avoid having to actually play the game and use arguments to convince other people to get off their back by instead just throwing out some random claim and using dusk as a shield to avoid being lynched without having to answer to anyone or earn it.
    really seemed towny to me, hence my read on it. This is honestly A+ comment for me.

and Clawsout.

I liked his little comment providing some brief reads about what people typically do. We haven't had much of that yet, given it's only page 5, but we have less players, so obviously less comments, but it's an idea of getting this moving that i like.

So for dusk, these are 2 people so far that I don't want to lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else care to share where they're are at? Provide your top 2 twon reads?