Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Denying that you've become overly critical when you obviously have is a sign of not really realizing where you are in life.
    Denying that a game/product/person/team deserves criticism, when they obviously do, is a sign of not really living in reality.

Be a person, not a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    And if I chose to have the mindset of constructive criticism, I would look into what could be bad and improve my work. Specificity is not required.
    Now x that "you fucking suck" by a million and everyone of those million has a slightly to massive different meaning from the last person.

It's almost impossible to sort through garbage like "game sucks".

When the same 5 people complain about feature x for 2 years blizzard doesn't care.

When 90% of posts on all wow related forums are "drop rates too low" they increased them for raid and added valor.

"Game sucks" does actually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    It's no secret who supports Blizz and who crucifies them with every, single decision; however, I have to wonder...

have we become overcritical of a 15 year old MMO that continues to get updates? Ultima Online, EverQuest and World of Warcraft have been around for a long while and still have a large and dedicated fanbase, yet other MMOs like Aion, LotRO, Warhammer, Age of Conan, and even Guild Wars 2 all set out to dethrone the long standing favorites and eventually faded into nothingness. What do you suppose prevents some players from just being excited to still have new content and millions of other players?
    am i overly critical? it's entirely possible but i don't think so. i give them credit when they do something right. i call them out when they do something wrong. some good they've done is introduce valor points and buff raid loot drops. the negative is they nerfed raid loot drops when there was no precedent or reason to beyond making people play longer and valor points aren't being used to address the issue people have. in this case, the negatives are far heavier than the positives.

loot drop rates have been consistent since mop, if not cata. just because titanforging was removed is no reason to nerf loot drops. it's a petty move. people have been crying out for valor points so that there was a minimum amount of effort you could do and guarantee a piece of gear. instead blizz is using the system for item upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    am i overly critical? it's entirely possible but i don't think so. i give them credit when they do something right. i call them out when they do something wrong. some good they've done is introduce valor points and buff raid loot drops. the negative is they nerfed raid loot drops when there was no precedent or reason to beyond making people play longer and valor points aren't being used to address the issue people have. in this case, the negatives are far heavier than the positives.

loot drop rates have been consistent since mop, if not cata. just because titanforging was removed is no reason to nerf loot drops. it's a petty move. people have been crying out for valor points so that there was a minimum amount of effort you could do and guarantee a piece of gear. instead blizz is using the system for item upgrades.
    This valor is 1000x better then old valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    This valor is 1000x better then old valor.
    i'm not saying blizzards current idea for valor (which WAS done before in mop as an item upgrade thing so what you mean to say is you like old valor 2.0. valor 1.0 was just vendor gear) is bad. i think this system has room to grow and be better. the issue is blizz is ignoring why people wanted valor. there needs to be a vendor where you can buy the base version of a dungeon item which then you can upgrade using more valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    No. Remaining critical is how you get improvements made.
    Hows that going for you so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Define overly critical. At what level does criticism become too much?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Hows that going for you so far?
    Considering how many positive changes have already happened in SL? Pretty well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Denying that a game/product/person/team deserves criticism, when they obviously do, is a sign of not really living in reality.

Be a person, not a sheep.
    Of coarse Blizzard deserves criticism. But painting the whole picture black when it's less "black and white" as that is very juvenile. The game has come STRIDES, and with the current patch notes we JUST got, they're introducing system changes that are making people VERY happy, showing that they're willing to listen to feedback and are making changes. That's great.

So yeah, it's all just shit and piss, right? You're delusional lol.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sometimes difficult to separate people being overly critical from those just wanting attention. Well, not that hard really if you think about it. You can look at the quality of the criticism, check to see if anything like a solution is proposed and how often someone creates threads complaining about things.

That said, good criticism is a completely fair thing. People should talk about what they like and what they dislike. Both are helpful.

They're just as interested in what is working for people as what isn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-02-25 at 06:18 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I believe that it is up to the criticized to make criticism constructive, not the criticizer. Even something as unintelligible as "you fucking suck" can improve someone if they allow it.
    Nah, that's just bullshit people make up to justify being asshats. If someone has an actual criticism, they can figure out how to express it to get the point across. "You fuckin suck" deserves nothing more than a punch in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm not saying blizzards current idea for valor (which WAS done before in mop as an item upgrade thing so what you mean to say is you like old valor 2.0. valor 1.0 was just vendor gear) is bad. i think this system has room to grow and be better. the issue is blizz is ignoring why people wanted valor. there needs to be a vendor where you can buy the base version of a dungeon item which then you can upgrade using more valor.
    But why? Why can't people play the game? Blizzard didn't hand you bis raid/dungeon peices in the past. (If i remember correctly there were times a vendor had a piece or two that were good). With the exception of benethic which only dedicated raiders took advantage of... no one afking in town 95% of the time and complaining about running a couple dungeons a week maxed out a full socket benethic peices for raid.

I just don't get the arguement... why cater to people who run 1 dungeon a week and 3 lfr bosses? I play for enjoyment of the content, me and the people i run with will 100% get the item they need... because we play the game. Then just upgrade it if needed, like a low ilvl trinket or something.

All this system needs is 226 upgrades at all 18s-20s and it will be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because there is a clear line from when Blizz really cared to when they didn't give a shit.

Blizz could give us another Wrath hell Id take another MoP but since WoD they have just been half assing,

No. Remaining critical is how you get improvements made.
    Ten characters.

No. We want a better game is all, and less of false promises from Blizzard. If they're not gonna carrying out their plans, why even promise this shit to us in the first place?

It's no secret who supports Blizz and who crucifies them with every, single decision; however, I have to wonder...

have we become overcritical of a 15 year old MMO that continues to get updates? Ultima Online, EverQuest and World of Warcraft have been around for a long while and still have a large and dedicated fanbase, yet other MMOs like Aion, LotRO, Warhammer, Age of Conan, and even Guild Wars 2 all set out to dethrone the long standing favorites and eventually faded into nothingness. What do you suppose prevents some players from just being excited to still have new content and millions of other players?
    Yes. Everything is bad, everything is terrible. Blizzard is lazy, greedy, out of touch, and deliberately make unfun content to prop up their MAUs. Even things like having a game world instead of teleporting from quest spot to quest spot is just an unneccesary waste of time and not even real content. /s

And this is just complaints I've heard today.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I guess yes we are overly critical. But at some points with reason.
    I don't think decisions regarding flying fall under that for example. These are design choices that have nothing to do with development time.

But the loss of armor sets and transmogs, less dungeons half baked short story quests, only question after question with no answers regarding the story to keep people hooked, reused mount models with unique ones in the shop. It just adds after a while. I still play because it is not at a point where i think it overshadows my fun in the game... but it is getting noticable more. Most noticable the lack of unique sets and the question/revelation thing for the story.

Hell at least they could have made new mounts for the freaking covenants but no we get an unraveld turd with fur called fox whatever with the cloud serpent rig.

It has a lot of factors, but think a big one is how Blizzard has shifted the overall design of the game, there are some people that simply do not like the direction the game has been going, you can't call them "overly" critical if they simply disagree with the direction of the game.

Then again, Blizzard, at least to me, doesn't really seem to have a target audience for the game anymore, the game attempts to appeal to everybody, which simply leads to a lot of people that aren't completely statisfied with their experience, because Blizzard keeps making concessions to every group of players, which are often diametrically opposed what others want.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    "Game sucks" does actually nothing.
    I have to agree with this. Specific symptoms, problems, and resolutions lead to results. It's kinda why we have a PTR, for actual constructive feedback. Pretty sure "you fucking suck" isn't a clickable option for a feedback piece
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

This entire thread should serve as a good enough answer to the question.

Good job, guys.