Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd find adding dual spec less weird than what they're already doing giving Alliance spells that were horde only "fuh balunce reasons".

Especially given it's for ret paladins, possibly the least relevant spec in all of TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Add achievements too!
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Yeah #somechanges is good, therefore dual specc would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No no in your own word, its not in the spirit of the original, so we can add everything now - may as well make it retail but just TBC.

[
    Oh yes, the argument that letting people change the spec (that is in the game as a function) without having to visit the trainer is the in the same vein as creating a new difficulty level and associated gear for 7 different raids ! And then you guys wonder why the #nochanges crowd has such a reputation. I guess you are playing classic with your modem from 15 years ago on the same computer from 15 years ago while you don't use discord or anything similar

I said all I had on this, all the best.

3+ Year Old Account
    Healers and tanks deserve more love. As a main resto shaman, I also want to enjoy the open world content or PvP as a elemental shaman rather than being resto specced and having 0 chance at beating any geared ganker. I'm hopeful Birmingham and Height will listen to the community, this is just a minor QoL improvement not a game-breaker feature like LFD, LFR, sharding, phasing.

Dual spec should happen 100%

It's quality of life all around. Dual spec does not ruin any immersion or nostalgia whatsoever.

The respec cost is still capped at 50g, which is way less of an issue in TBC. Someone just need to make a addon to save your spec for a quick respec.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    The respec cost is still capped at 50g, which is way less of an issue in TBC. Someone just need to make a addon to save your spec for a quick respec.
    You sure the max respec cost is capped at 50 ? I can't remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm on the fence over the necessity of dual spec, since a lot of people play multiple characters. I just don't find it necessary.
    Just as many, if not more people like doing multiple things on one character. For the majority of classes, that means respeccing multiple times a week.

OT; I'd be fine with it if it was brought in as another gold sink to combat the huge amounts being brought in from Classic. I'd even put it at 5k like Epic Flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    server transfers are already possible, but not faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Dual spec would be fine, but only at the trainer IMO. Also it should either be a small fee always (so it's basically respec, but it saves your settings) OR they should charge 1000g like in wrath.
    Only changing at the trainers ruins the whole purpose of dual spec though.. adding it with the old up front cost (1000g even though i firmly remember it being less, more around 100g) would be preferable..

I suspect there will be a gold token in tbc classic as we have been told by our peers over and over that botting is out of control. The ‘solution’ will be for a token or some kind of paid features that are popular in private servers and the hardcore will cry but the masses will accept it and play easy mode tbc joyfully!

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Only changing at the trainers ruins the whole purpose of dual spec though.. adding it with the old up front cost (1000g even though i firmly remember it being less, more around 100g) would be preferable..
    No the purpose of dual spec was actually just so that you could easily save the state and keybinds of a spec you made, so you can switch between for different tasks (dps, healing or pve/pvp etc.). The original design wasn't of the intention that you could change specs in the mid of an instance.

Also respecs were designed as gold sinks in mind and the clear intention in TBC was that you'd stick with your spec all throughout. That's why private servers implement dual spec as I've described, since it adds a ton of convenience, but also doesn't diverge from the core design of TBC classic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are already giving Seal Of Blood to Alliance Paladins, which is a HUGE change that didn’t happen till Wotlk (Seal Of Martyr) and since Dual Spec is also a Wotlk feature, might as well add it to TBC Classic.
    #logicalchange
    This is such an overall tiny change with almost zero impact on your own gameplay experience. Im planning to roll a Belf Pally and I literally couldnt give two shits about my Alliance bros getting the seal.

Dual spec is IMO okay if it just saved all your settings (Im sure an addon could do the same?), but you would still have to pay the respec cost. As much as we all hate this cost, it is there as a gold sink to suck out some of the gold in the economy, just like repairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual spec. Transmog. LFD. LFR. Character Boosts. Little by little these are what eroded World of Warcraft as an RPG. How about we just enjoy the expansion that we want to play? Dual spec will be here later on, enjoy it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Dual spec. Transmog. LFD. LFR. Character Boosts. Little by little these are what eroded World of Warcraft as an RPG. How about we just enjoy the expansion that we want to play? Dual spec will be here later on, enjoy it then.
    I never once thought of wow as an RPG - always an MMORPG which is something entirely different.

Just to be clear - to expect a full fledged RPG in an MMO is like expecting a full fledged racing game in Rocket Legue.......or a full fledged football game in................rocket league.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-24 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Which is why retail exists.
    I wouldn't say "why", it is what WoW has turned into. I wouldn't say evolved because a lot of it is not for the better. A lot of things have changed throughout expansions and over the years, there is reasonable changes they can add into these re-releases if you ask me (the Paladin Seal change being one of them). Dual spec, however, is something I don't see as one of them. Opinions are like assholes, though, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    So play Shadowlands?
    If you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    TBH They may as well go all-in on the collectibles/vanity as well - Add in Transmog, account wide vanity, ect
    I mean I agree.

There's no reason why they can't have a pet / mount tab, transmog, and toys tab.

Those things didn't hurt old WoW and weren't what separated new WoW from Classic. A lot of other dumb changes were.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

There is no way you can possibly conflate Dual Spec and Transmog with LFD, LFR, and character boosts.

The former are completely harmless while the latter actually did hurt gameplay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Perhaps, but you gotta remember that you'll likely spend 100g on respec because you'll be speccing back to your raid spec later the same day, or the day after. So we return to the issue of you having to consider: "should i really respec for 100g just to do these arena games today? Or this farming, or these BGs, or what ever? - nah I think I'll skip it and sit afk in Shattrath instead".

And thus.... you have limited your gameplay experience.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are already giving Seal Of Blood to Alliance Paladins, which is a HUGE change that didn’t happen till Wotlk (Seal Of Martyr) and since Dual Spec is also a Wotlk feature, might as well add it to TBC Classic.
    There is a major difference however.

Giving Horde paladins a better seal than Alliance paladins is generally regarded as a design mistake, a mistake which lead to faction imbalance that generally should not have happened if it had been properly thought out and tested. By giving the OP ability to both factions paladins in TBC Classic Blizzard is simply fixing a design mistake which negatively affected the original TBC (which IMO should have been fixed in original TBC rather than waiting until WotLK to address it).

Dual spec is a quality of life boost, one I personally would like for TBC, but still it is a QoL boost not a fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There is a major difference however.

Giving Horde paladins a better seal than Alliance paladins is generally regarded as a design mistake, a mistake which lead to faction imbalance that generally should not have happened if it had been properly thought out and tested. By giving the OP ability to both factions paladins in TBC Classic Blizzard is simply fixing a design mistake which negatively affected the original TBC (which IMO should have been fixed in original TBC rather than waiting until WotLK to address it).

Dual spec is a quality of life boost, one I personally would like for TBC, but still it is a QoL boost not a fix.
    The developers have over the years noted that they regretted adding many features in the game, which you consider "mistakes". Of course they don't have the balls to not introduce flying or arena.