Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sylvanas won't be getting redemption.

Popular opinion is that she is getting redeemed next raid or sometime shortly after it. I very much doubt it, her slicing Anduin with Shalamourne was the last final straw for her. It's the sign that she's finally truly broken with the last vestige of her mortality and morality.

It's also a sign that they are finally doing away with the last Warcraft 3 character. Yes, I know Tyrande is around, but frankly they neutered her and Night Elves in general when WoW launched and Jaina got her real closure in BfA.

Moving forward the morally grey leader/cult figure is going to be Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Popular opinion is that she is getting redeemed next raid or sometime shortly after it. I very much doubt it, her slicing Anduin with Shalamourne was the last final straw for her. It's the sign that she's finally truly broken with the last vestige of her mortality and morality.
    While I want to see Sylvanas broken, humiliated and then murdered, redemption for her is very likely because if you see the in-game cinematic in which Anduin delivers the first key to the Jailer, Sylvanas looks at Anduin with could be seen as worry, concern or even pity.

5+ Year Old Account

It's also a sign that they are finally doing away with the last Warcraft 3 character. Yes, I know Tyrande is around, but frankly they neutered her and Night Elves in general when WoW launched and Jaina got her real closure in BfA.

Considering how they practically rewrote Sylvanas (again) going from BfA to SL, it's very likely that they will try some half assed redemption story, since the actual team LOVES those. She will probably sacrifice herself in order to prevent Andy from going full LK mode, so that the Golden Boi can lead us into the final assault against the Blue Man, or some similar !@#$. Because in WoW, you are good only if you help Anduin and only bad if you oppose him, in true Mary Sue fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They literally gave her puppy dog eyes

her slicing Anduin with Shalamourne was the last final straw for her. It's the sign that she's finally truly broken with the last vestige of her mortality and morality.

Yeah sure, that's why she SPECIFICALLY looks upset and regretful af when the jailer collects the key off Anduin. You must be blind to have missed that, and a clear indication that she is still struggling with her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post

So, having emotional doubt = puppy eyes?

- - - Updated - - -

On topic tho: I think she'll die going against the Jailer in 9.3. It's fitting for her character, it redeems her in a Vader like way, and it completes her arc. Also, it's a good enough death as to not piss either side of the community off.

I don't know how to feel about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post

https://www.theloadout.com/wp-conten...n-sylvanas.jpg
    Those don't seem like "puppy dog" eyes to me. Stripped of context, I'd say it's the look of someone low-key pissed off - in context, it reads with an equal mixture of shame and anger.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Yeah sure, that's why she SPECIFICALLY looks upset and regretful af when the jailer collects the key off Anduin. You must be blind to have missed that, and a clear indication that she is still struggling with her choice.
    Struggling or not she has made her choice, we'll see how it pans out. I think it'll end with an arrow or 20 from Tyrande.

she unlived just long enough to becomes everything she wanted to destroy.

death to the lich queen !

Last Warcraft 3 character? What do you mean?

Malfurion, Tyrande, Illidan, Thrall, Jaina, Bronzebeard, etc. are all still here.

I don't know if Sylvanas will be redeemed, but I am 100% even if she gets a redemption, she will be away for quite a time, like Illidan.

Players can't have her over and over again as center figures for expansions. It is a big blow to wow franchise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Malfurion biggest AFKer in WoW history.
    Tyrande This Night Warrior business looks like it isn't going to end well for her. She will either succumb to it or convert to Anduinism by the end of SL. Either way, her story will be over, unless Blizzard simply forgets about her.
    Illidan His arc is over after Legion.
    Thrall His arc is done after MoP.
    Jaina Her arc is done after BfA.
    Bronzebeard See above.
    Yes, technically they are still around, but what good does that do. They are all narrative wastelands, and the most egregious case is Jaina, who has been degraded to some sort of comically OP taxi.

Jaina got her real closure in BFA?

Mate, you are CLUELESS about WOW lore (even tho it's badly written for past X expansions)

Did you even play Shadowlands intro?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Jaina got her real closure in BFA?

Mate, you are CLUELESS about WOW lore (even tho it's badly written for past X expansions)

Did you even play Shadowlands intro?
    She came to terms with the death of her father, she's rejoined her people, she's accepted that she couldn't have saved Arthas by helping him destroy Stratholme, she was brought back into the fold of pan-faction peace through Anduin and the return of Thrall.

Yeah.

Closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, technically they are still around, but what good does that do. They are all narrative wastelands, and the most egregious case is Jaina, who has been degraded to some sort of comically OP taxi.
    Sylvanas Her arc is done after SL
    see how this goes? by that kind of logic, sylvanas will definitely die or be pushed into the background, as SL is the final act for her either way
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Sylvanas Her arc is done after SL
    see how this goes? by that kind of logic, sylvanas will definitely die or be pushed into the background, as SL is the final act for her either way
    That is correct. I don't get your point tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin was one step away from forgiving her before he was Lich King'ed, she is very likely to get some kind of redemption

Idk if she will be able to be redeemed, or undo the things she's done, but I feel like they'll have her do a last maybe sacrifice or something, where she sets Anduin free, and actually "dies???" idk how you even word that. But we don't see her anymore after that.

Struggling or not she has made her choice, we'll see how it pans out. I think it'll end with an arrow or 20 from Tyrande.
    Not only is your opening statement wrong, but Tyrande doesn't shoot arrows anymore. So no, she won't be getting either of those either. So far, 0/2, nice.

They showed how she was struggling emotionally with the decision she was trying to force on to Anduin, they also showed how she is not at peace with Zovals decisions either. Whether they give her redemption or not. Her bringing us to the shadowlands is the only reason we will be saved from his plans. So in the end, she's the person we needed to do what she did, like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Idk if she will be able to be redeemed, or undo the things she's done, but I feel like they'll have her do a last maybe sacrifice or something, where she sets Anduin free, and actually "dies???" idk how you even word that. But we don't see her anymore after that.
    Honestly I think the worst case scenario for her is they make her a antihero like Illidan and she was be the new Jailer just like Illidan, off screen but able to be brought back at any time.

She has too many admirers for them to just kill her off...