Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very little. Very few people are going to be surprised by any part of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Probably that it will be again incredibly easy...

I don't know why anyone would be suprised tbh, but there will be people who will be suprised^^

3+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to raid and get all your consumables without spending hours and hours of endless farming. A lot of people will be very pleasantly surprised by this in comparison to the awful's Classic meta.

People will most be surprised how much fun TBC acutally was

I mean let's face it. People say: "Oh, THIS raid will be hard." And then it gets steamrolled within minutes/hours. It won't change. Yes, SSC and TK pre nerf were technically impossible, but people will find ways to work around this. Quite sure. And if not, well OK! Who cares. All I want from TBCC is fun and I am very confident fun is what I will be getting.

edit: Also, always bring a mage for CC. Shadowlabyrinth says hi

How trash Arena PvP was in regards to balance. RMP will be a huge headache in 3s now just like it was back then - It will likely be even stronger now because people are tons better at syncing their CC unlike back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    eeeh classic/vanilla, all the warriors and rogues will have a hard startup in TBC
    A part of me hope they will release heroics pre nerf, as in exactly how they were on launch. People trying to ZUG ZUG 360 degree cleaving mobs. If its post nerf then every heroic will be just run in, round up shit and aoe it down. No need for CC classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Yea, it definitely instilled a real sense of dread. Anytime I'd see the ground start to shake, it was time to run, and having it chase you down lol, just stop and become a pancake.
    I'm missing things like these nowadays. Fel Reaver was basically TBC's version of Stitches, lol. It just gave a whole other feeling to the Hellfire Peninsula.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm missing things like these nowadays. Fel Reaver was basically TBC's version of Stitches, lol. It just gave a whole other feeling to the Hellfire Peninsula.
    Well we had this in Legion: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=120354/g...rator#comments

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I remember that one, but it didn't give me any feeling of anxiety. Sometimes I just went nearby and nothing happened. Unfortunately. It was a nice throwback though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I think due to its limited path, it failed to have the same effect, Fel reaver was so notorious because it actually walked through zones where people did kill mobs and thus were distracted, you're not that distracted when you walk from point A to B.

The fact that most classes couldn't deal with a single Elite mob was also a factor, if you aggro'd the Fel reaver in TBC, you were fucked unless had tools to easily disengage from combat (Feign death, Vanish, Dash), now every class would just blow some sort of def + Mobility CD and make a run for it even if they aggro it.

It's not even the first type of mob in that aspect, Son of Arugal in Silverpine was a 25 Elite mob patrolling through camps and areas with level 15 non elite mobs.

People will perhaps be surprised by how easy raids are (that's yet to see, I'd say coming from Classic using stacked WB and expecting the same, people might actually not find them as easy).
    But if we actually get the real pre-nerf heroic dungeons, I'd bet that most people will actually be surprised by how harsh many can be.

-invincible resto druids
    -invincible warlocks
    -professions being useful
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For me:

1. People will really hate doing Hyjal. The trash mobs takes forever.
    2. People will be surprised how little preparation is needed for being a raider. If you are geared and in a raiding guild, with enough gold for your raid flasks/pots, you can pretty much be a raid logger. I am not saying that is a bad thing.
    Raid member effort.

If I recall correctly, there will be an increase in the need for raid members to do more than just DPS.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    Low quality bait

Just like vanilla, that it's not as hard as people expect it to be.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Guild poaching in the 2nd half. Guild poaching was never worse than tbc.

Guilds would need to fill in missing rosters and didn’t want to attune new recruits through Tk and ssc for the Nth time, so top guilds did and will again, pick off the best players from
    Other guilds in order to avoid attunements

Surprisingly hard compared to Classic, surprisingly easy compared to retail. Surprisingly frontloaded content wise at launch, surprisingly little content afterwards. Once you've paid your dues at the start of the expansion you can pretty much raid-log for the entire rest of it and not fall behind and no dumb world buff farming, so long as you sort out your consumables, which part solves itself later on with flask tokens literally dropping from raids.

If you just came from Classic, get ready to be surprised at how balanced the game is by comparison, I've seen so many hilarious takes on TBC raid comp from Classic Andys, like comparing taking a Rogue in T4 with taking a Ret in Classic.. TBC is pretty balanced, didn't think that would be a surprising thing but apparently so for many.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-04 at 02:45 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe some will be surprised here on the forums who claim that certain things will be hard and take time...and then they totally don't
    At this point I'd imagine anyone saying that is trolling.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    That's funny!

Naxx was the only tough raid and that was because it was overtuned, still didn't stop more people clearing it in days/weeks than probably did in all of vanilla. Still cleared day 1...stop trying to pretend like 99% of classic was hard

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Guilds would need to fill in missing rosters and didn’t want to attune new recruits through Tk and ssc for the Nth time, so top guilds did and will again, pick off the best players from
    Other guilds in order to avoid attunements
    It's something brought up in another thread and i don't think this will be as much of an issue this time around.

More people are going to clear content compared to back then, you'll have (pseudo) pugs clearing a given content, the timegating allows people to get more alts & socials attuned for emergency situations.
    Back in 07 / 08 only the most hardcore guilds were ever done progressing, thus going back and clearing previous raids came at the expense of actual progression for the majority of guilds, this will not be as severe in now.
    Some people are just going to move their recruits into an Alt raid, perhaps even have an alt raids with a partner guild precisely to use that as a "attunement raid" for both guilds.

Poaching was an issue in Vanilla, but not in Classic, because a larger portion of the playerbase was able to clear that content and it being comparably easier also gave you much more leeway so that one guy quitting didn't spell doom for the guild unless you found someone compareable within a few days.
    Then there is also the reality that the playerbase simply has become more organized and optimized, if someone quits, most guilds have a backup to take over with a modicum of gear, disregarding that the wider knowledge of the gearing process also makes it easier to gear any newcomer.

If you're going to wipe in TBC, you won't wipe because of some undergeared individuals, but because too many players in your raid play like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    People not understanding that you need to use CC in heroic dungeons.
    You arent going to need to

At least not if you are somewhat used to m+