Poll: What will raid comp be for Karazhan

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Karazhan 2/2/6 or 2/3/5

I'm still stuck in the days where 2/3/5 was the comp for a 10-man raid.

Although I knew so little about raiding back then...hell it wasn't until ICC that someone showed me what happens to raid DPS during hero/bl via the real-time dps graph in recount that I found out it was so valuable.

But I remember Moroes being a b---- to heal, although I think that varies widely by patch.

Oh and bad groups had serious trouble with Curator.

Servant Quarters Beast
    Attumen the Huntsman
    Moroes
    Maiden of Virtue
    Opera -Red Riding Hood, West Side Story, Romeo and Juliet, Wizard of Oz
    Nightbane
    Curator
    Shade of Aran
    Terestian Illhoof
    Netherspite
    Chess Event
    Malchezzar
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-03-05 at 08:09 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

2/3/5 initially when in blues, 2/2/6 once you clear it a few times.

You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, what's wrong with asking whether or not you want two or three healers lol?

You might have a point if he was asking exactly what classes to bring to make the run as painless as possible, based exclusively on what classes do the most damage coming into Karazhan with Naxxaramas gear and/or dungeon blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I mean, what's wrong with asking whether or not you want two or three healers lol?

You might have a point if he was asking exactly what classes to bring to make the run as painless as possible, based exclusively on what classes do the most damage coming into Karazhan with Naxxaramas gear and/or dungeon blues.
    Oh dont worry we'll certainly be getting that also. "Looking for X class (NO insert X class here)" because that extra 100 dps for optimal set up will defiantly be make or break for karazhan loool

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!
    This is what ruined classic, so no surprise people will minmax the shit out of BC too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This is what ruined classic, so no surprise people will minmax the shit out of BC too haha
    Yep, was super noticable when I hit 60 and started dungeoning.

Was pretty much only able to get invited if you were warrior tank, mage dps or priest healer. Everyone else GL.

You dont even need too either, people were clearing the content with half the raid not even knowing their rotation correctly back when people didnt have years of experience on the fights already.

10+ Year Old Account
    2/2.5/5.5 is the best option IMO

2 dedicated healers, one class like SPriest or EleSham that can throw out a couple heals in an emergency

Acting like we weren't doing this back in BC is so much fun also...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Acting like we weren't doing this back in BC is so much fun also...
    Nah this unhealthy obsession for 1-3% dps gains is definitly a modern WoW thing.

not saying the top top guilds didnt. But your average casual wasnt so obsessed with weird things like having the right combination of classes outside of obvious shit like wanting an enhancement shaman in the melee group. And if your regular shaman was missing for the raid it wasnt a total melt down like it will be for TBC 2.0

15+ Year Old Account
    I went disc for the start of BC because my guild I was in at the time was half of the guild were a bunch of RL friends (myself included in that group) with the other half being friends we made along the way. The Kara group I was in was waiting on our other friend to have time to level his shaman to heal instead to bring us to a 5 core healer group for our 25 man stuff. Our group was 2/2/6 with me and the other priest (holy not disc like me) both had 3/3 Primal Mooncloth crafted so the two of us didn't need a whole lot more gear to heal. We had no issues keeping the raid alive the entirety of Kara or when we ventured out to other raids like Gruul & Magtheridon. If you have a solid 2 healers for Kara that know what they're doing and have decent gear, you can easily do Kara with just 2 healers so you can down the bosses faster.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    2/3/5 initially when in blues, 2/2/6 once you clear it a few times.
    On the PServer I played on, we did this. Back in the day I can't even remember, but probably the exact same thing.

I’m trying to think the hardest fights to 2 heal and I’m thinking Moroes, Curator, and Malchezzar.

Full list:
    Servant Quarters Beast
    Attumen the Huntsman
    Moroes
    Maiden of Virtue
    Opera -Red Riding hood, West Side Story, Romeo and Juliet
    Nightbane
    Curator
    Shade of Aran
    The satyr
    The dragon you soak beams
    Chess Event
    Malchezzar

And don’t forget

THE MENAGERIE IS FOR GUESTS ONLY.

Heh and one other story...BC is when Seed of Corruption is OP for mass adds. Back in BC I pugged in a warlock for the fight.

Me: Do you know what you’re doing?
    Him: Yah I wait for the imps then spread my seed like it’s prom night!!!
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-03-04 at 09:43 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    karazhan was a joke lmao. it really wont matter whether you bring 2 healers or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Was pretty much only able to get invited if you were warrior tank, mage dps or priest healer. Everyone else GL.
    Why is it always "THIS IS THE RULE" and never "In my [extraordinarily limited] experience," "In my time in a [cesspool] guild," or "according to [this presented data]"?
    You're either lying, grossly embellishing, or ignoring when your statement isn't true.

I've capped 2 Horde and 4 Alliance to date (with 3 more in the works). I've never had any issue getting into groups unless I choose "the wrong" choice.
    "The Wrong" choice is an OOMkin or Ret Paladin. But even then that isn't a hard rule. I've been in groups on a weekly basis that took said classes to 5/10/20 mans.
    I have a SS of a raid with two OOMkins. There's an OOMkin and two Rets signed up for a raid this Sunday.
    I myself tank on my Ret pally and Bear druid when I can, but usually I'm stumbling over others raring to tank.
    I took my lvl 58 warrior, as DPS, in a full LFG PuG, through UBRS two nights ago. Could this be an exception? Yes. Could it also be that it's more common than people like you want to admit? Much more so.

I don't understand the point of whining about this at all. You obviously don't want to be in a group that min/maxes to such degrees, but you scratch at the door like a cat wanting inside- who actually doesn't want inside, they're just pissed the door's closed.
    Go find a group of like-minded people and enjoy your time in your own desired way.
    Or, conversely, be a lone wolf. Form your own groups with your own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    Why is it always "THIS IS THE RULE" and never "In my [extraordinarily limited] experience," "In my time in a [cesspool] guild," or "according to [this presented data]"?
    You're either lying, grossly embellishing, or ignoring when your statement isn't true.

I've capped 2 Horde and 4 Alliance to date (with 3 more in the works). I've never had any issue getting into groups unless I choose "the wrong" choice.
    "The Wrong" choice is an OOMkin or Ret Paladin. But even then that isn't a hard rule. I've been in groups on a weekly basis that took said classes to 5/10/20 mans.
    I have a SS of a raid with two OOMkins. There's an OOMkin and two Rets signed up for a raid this Sunday.
    I myself tank on my Ret pally and Bear druid when I can, but usually I'm stumbling over others raring to tank.
    I took my lvl 58 warrior, as DPS, in a full LFG PuG, through UBRS two nights ago. Could this be an exception? Yes. Could it also be that it's more common than people like you want to admit? Much more so.

I don't understand the point of whining about this at all. You obviously don't want to be in a group that min/maxes to such degrees, but you scratch at the door like a cat wanting inside- who actually doesn't want inside, they're just pissed the door's closed.
    Go find a group of like-minded people and enjoy your time in your own desired way.
    Or, conversely, be a lone wolf. Form your own groups with your own rules.
    Oh grats for you, you choose the broken OP specs so naturally you get invited to groups. This idea "oomkin or Ret pally is wrong choice" is why WoW player experience is going to the toilet and getting to MOBA levels. Instead of being an MMORPG where if the players know what they are doing and geared/talented correctly they are perfectly valid. Especially for ancient content that is incredibly easy.

I dont understand why people just wanna stroll down memory lane as easily as possible with the OP specs. Like what is the point? Do you not like to actually have a challenge every now and then? Or do you just miss standing in orgimmar/IF decked in T6 running around on your mount, the true pinnacle of WoW

Since it's on the 2.4.3 patch, you'll do just fine with 2/2/6 if your group's in heroic gear/badge gear and know what they're doing.
    Maybe have one of the dps be off-spec heals, or just a shadow priest/ele sham who can help out when absolutely needed.

Always ran with a 2/3/5 through to MOP before they killed real raiding.

On the private server I played on paladins were just solo tanking it. Dunno if that'll be possible at the start of tbc but yea

Maybe 3 healers for Nightbane as it is pre nerf, but 2 healers has pretty much shown to be the norm for 10man raiding, after all, the more dps you have, the less there is to heal.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 10:34 PM.