Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm all for leaving the dead characters dead, and i dont think kael has a way of coming back, since he is really dead. Vol'jin however , has gotten means to come back, since he fused with the Loa Rezan. he could reincarnite, as a slightly diffrent form. Which im all for, since hes always been a bit in the shadows, and once he got a spotlight, it ended to quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    What do you guys think? Would it be awesome or maybe not.
    Why would the blood elves reinstate the Sunstrider monarchy when his last act as the recognized Prince was to betray them, kill a bunch of them when he raided Silvermoon to steal M'uru, and then help pervert their most sacred site by turning it into a hotspot of demonic activity with the intent of summoning one of the chief lieutenants of the Burning Legion? Meanwhile, Lor'themar pulled the blood elves back from the brink of extinction, led them into a second golden age where they've become one of the major forces in global politics, and has constantly kept the blood elves' best interest at the forefront of his thoughts.

Secondly, why would the Forsaken follow Kael'thas? He's done nothing for them except give them headaches as part and parcel of their alliance with the blood elves. They just got over a cult of personality whose central figure ditched them and left their entire culture in flux as they figure out who they are in a post-Sylvanas society. They're rallying around Lillian, who's likely in it for the long haul despite her vocal preference for not having that kind of power (Lor'themar similarly didn't want the position, but has done a pretty fuckin' good of it with the situations he's had to work with), with Calia perfectly content to live her life as a priest and Lillian's number two; it stands to reason to me that Lillian will continue on as the Forsaken representative while Calia handles spiritual affairs, Derek handles military matters, and the Deathstalkers do as they've always done.

Furthermore, Kael's story arc here is very clearly pointed at serving his time in Revendreth and moving on to a proper afterlife, with the PC helping him realize being a pride-driven, vengeful jackass doesn't earn you many points with the vampires whose job it is is to get you to get the hell over yourself.
    Last edited by Thage; 2021-03-02 at 07:08 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would welcome that smug elf back, he was always my favorite.

I like him right where he is. on a leash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Why would the blood elves reinstate the Sunstrider monarchy when his last act as the recognized Prince was to betray them, kill a bunch of them when he raided Silvermoon to steal M'uru, and then help pervert their most sacred site by turning it into a hotspot of demonic activity with the intent of summoning one of the chief lieutenants of the Burning Legion? Meanwhile, Lor'themar pulled the blood elves back from the brink of extinction, led them into a second golden age where they've become one of the major forces in global politics, and has constantly kept the blood elves' best interest at the forefront of his thoughts.
    We'll always remember his touching last words....

[Death, along with rising voice of insane raving]
    My demise accomplishes nothing! The master will have you! YOU WILL DROWN IN YOUR OWN BLOOD!!! THE WORLD SHALL BURN!!!! Aaaghh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I like him right where he is. on a leash.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll always remember his touching last words....

[Death, along with rising voice of insane raving]
    My demise accomplishes nothing! The master will have you! YOU WILL DROWN IN YOUR OWN BLOOD!!! THE WORLD SHALL BURN!!!! Aaaghh!
    That outcry was the best we had in years tbh. Felt like he meant it. World shall burn line was a bit to much tho.

Kael as he is now isn't fit to return to Azeroth, let alone return to life if it was even possible. He died for a reason, and Revendreth is his new life forever. Some of us are still fans of Kael'thas, but best to let sleeping dogs lie.

How would you guys feel if Kael'thas the Sun King himself of the Blood Elves returned back from the Dead into the world of the living and rule not only the Forsaken but also the Blood Elf People as the San'layn/Venthyr Blood Mage?

Personally I hope that we see Kael'thas return from the dead and be part of the Blood Elf and Forsaken Story since right now for the Forsaken Story so far. It's not looking really good in terms of having a lightbound undead which is Cailia and most people are already angry and disappointed with the direction of the Forsaken.

I know having Undead Elven Leaders may be tiring but when it comes down to the best loveable ones that got treated like dirt in TBC in turning into a Raid Boss. I would love to see Kael'thas be Undead Elf Horde and I would love to see him and Jaina fight or something or having another Elf like Tyrande vs Kael or Alleria Windrunner vs the Sun King himself.

as a blood elf player i am fine with kaelthas sticking with ventyr. I don't want him to return. He betrayed quelthalas and killed many blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you guys feel if Kael'thas the Sun King himself of the Blood Elves returned back from the Dead into the world of the living and rule not only the Forsaken but also the Blood Elf People as the San'layn/Venthyr Blood Mage?

Personally I hope that we see Kael'thas return from the dead and be part of the Blood Elf and Forsaken Story since right now for the Forsaken Story so far. It's not looking really good in terms of having a lightbound undead which is Cailia and most people are already angry and disappointed with the direction of the Forsaken.

I know having Undead Elven Leaders may be tiring but when it comes down to the best loveable ones that got treated like dirt in TBC in turning into a Raid Boss. I would love to see Kael'thas be Undead Elf Horde and I would love to see him and Jaina fight or something or having another Elf like Tyrande vs Kael or Alleria Windrunner vs the Sun King himself.

It won't happen. We decapitated Kael'thas back in TBC. He isn't coming back to the mortal realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down for a redemptive Kael to come back. But that's it...don't kill him again.

Jaina would have a new love interest....after Arthas and Kalecgos, perhaps a little fire would spice her game up. Derek and Calia would unite Kul Tiras and Lordaeron, Jaina and Kael'thas would unite Kul Tiras and Quel'Thalas.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-03-06 at 02:23 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

You know what? Sure, let's bring him back. I wanted him to lead the blood elves in TBC and now that Lor'themar is neutered back into lametown I wouldn't mind someone with attitude and fire leading the blood elves again.

Would be nice. Realistically, I guess my best bet is for Rommath to rise up into a more prominent role. He's not exactly faction leader material, but we could see him spearheading blood elf campaigns like he did in the Purge. Let Lor'themar doodle his poems while the Grand Magister gets shit done.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

How would I feel?

Pretty awkward considering I've killed him twice.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The same Arbiter that arbitrarily makes choices for souls that don't make the slightest lick of sense? In the Ember Court you can accuse souls for the heinous crime of being cowards, which apparently is a terrible enough sin to warrant going to Revendreth, yet Kel'Thuzad instead is sent to Maldraxxus. Apparently lacking courage is far worse than creating an evil cult bent on turning entire people into mindless undead zombies and wiping out entire civilizations.

Anyway, OT: A few years ago I may have said yes, but considering today's Horde, he would either be turned into another Baine clone or used as the next evil Horde villain for refusing to turn into another Baine clone. Both outcomes are undesirable so he probably should stay in Revendreth, become Venthyr and stay at Renathal's court or something like that.
    probably because Kel'thuzad isn't truly dead like he has some control over his fates in the Shadownlands as he still has his phylactery
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The same Arbiter that arbitrarily makes choices for souls that don't make the slightest lick of sense? In the Ember Court you can accuse souls for the heinous crime of being cowards, which apparently is a terrible enough sin to warrant going to Revendreth, yet Kel'Thuzad instead is sent to Maldraxxus. Apparently lacking courage is far worse than creating an evil cult bent on turning entire people into mindless undead zombies and wiping out entire civilizations.
    In Kel'thuzad's defense, he wasn't really given a choice. He was told to serve willingly or as a slave, which is the whole point of the Road to Damnation story. Kel'thuzad's resourcefulness in being able to undermine powers much greater than himself would then, of course, be considered worth retaining.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Jaina would have a new love interest....after Arthas and Kalecgos, perhaps a little fire would spice her game up. Derek and Calia would unite Kul Tiras and Lordaeron, Jaina and Kael'thas would unite Kul Tiras and Quel'Thalas.
    She didn't want him when she was an insecure teen (and centuries old elf was hitting on her), why would she want him now. Especially after all the shit he did.

Don't look so smug, death was merely a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    She didn't want him when she was an insecure teen (and centuries old elf was hitting on her), why would she want him now. Especially after all the shit he did.
    Blizzard missed a golden opportunity by not putting 'hitting on a girl a tenth your age and failing' on Kael's sinstone.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    To my understanding, none of these dead characters can come back to Azeroth. We (and our allies) can travel because Azeroth is tethered to us.
    the mawsworn literally came to azeroth to drag our leaders with then

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the mawsworn literally came to azeroth to drag our leaders with then
    Yes, but they are also Kyrian who have the ability to travel through the Veil by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    If WoW isn't careful, they are going to box themselves into a corner and take the WWE route of having to bring bad older, established characters every time their ratings/numbers go down. They need to focus on writing new characters and building them up so they can stop having to resort to potentially butchering the narrative to justify bringing back characters like Uther, Kael'thas and the like.