Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW needs more outdoor bright and sunny raid tiers

we have endured x raid tiers in a row with grim dark ugly caverns in a row. (CN, Nyalotha, crucible, uldir, antorus, tomb, nighthold, emerald nightmare. etc.) the only one with a different theme was battle of dazar alor.

i mean holy hell.

can we get more outdoor raids? in a jungle, or on a snowcapped mountain, some beaches, a resort, something. its getting ridiculous.

not looking forward to 9.1 and probably Yet Another Dank Cave.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Yeah outdoor raids and dungeons are nice so agreed.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    we have endured x raid tiers in a row with grim dark ugly caverns in a row. (CN, Nyalotha, crucible, uldir, antorus, tomb, nighthold, emerald nightmare. etc.) the only one with a different theme was battle of dazar alor.

i mean holy hell.

can we get more outdoor raids? in a jungle, or on a snowcapped mountain, some beaches, a resort, something. its getting ridiculous.

... are you serious? you've destroyed your own argument instantly because not all of those raids are in a row. and not all of them are as you described. Castle Nathria is a castle, not a cavern. you've left off Eternal Palace (probably because it didn't fit your argument) also not the entire raid is as you describe - Antorus for instance had Eonar and the final bosses were in environments that were different aesthetic. Tomb also had different aesthetics for some of the bosses like Mistress and Kil'jaeden. Nighthold is also a really, really bad example for what you gave

if you're gonna make a complaint, don't lie about things to make your complaint seem stronger. cause it doesn't work.

edit: 9.1 raid is gonna be a tower, so not "Yet Another Dank Cave" (why on earth did you capatalise those words?) except you'll probably consider it to be that given that you think Nighthold was "Yet Another Dank Cave" despite it being obviously not

edit 2: I agree with you, some different raid scenes would be nice. but I disagree with your argument as detailed above
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-03-15 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, that's why I hope we will have inevitable crazy Light expansion, where we get to kick some Light butt just so we won't have to do yet another raid full of dark darkness that darkens every corner of the dark halls filled with dark evil monsters.

WoW raids overwhelmingly seem to land in this dark color code of purple, green, red, brown and such. I'd like to have another BOD where you finally get to rest your eyes a bit and enjoy a brighter, more fun scenery.

Reminds me of this from Clichequest

Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-03-15 at 11:13 AM.

Nighthold had a good balance tho, 3 bosses underground, then Botanist, Spellblade and Krosus outside in bright areas, Star Augur, Malganis (?) in a room, Elisande big bright hall and Guldan massive open space platform.

But in general I agree, I would like more giant ass bosses in a field. Some good light color theme raids instead of one color being dominant, usually "corruption"
    I liked Highmoul raid, neutral colors, variations between parts.

Jungle raid would be nice, it was a long time ago we had one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I agree, that's why I hope we will have inevitable crazy Light expansion, where we get to kick some Light butt just so we won't have to do yet another raid full of dark darkness that darkens every corner of the dark halls filled with dark evil monsters.

WoW raids overwhelmingly seem to land in this dark color code of purple, green, red, brown and such. I'd like to have another BOD where you finally get to rest your eyes a bit and enjoy a brighter, more fun scenery.

Reminds me of this from Clichequest

Bright scenery tends to wear my eyes more... hate SoA for that reason. Even made a weakaura that reduces brightness and changes contrast to reduce the intensity in there :P Though i've lost it due to corrupt WTF folder so need to remake it now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-03-15 at 11:28 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

i mean holy hell.

I would love to see a raid in a snowy environment. Siege of Iron Forge.

11.0 attack of the rainbow unicorns

If you think about it, getting 10 bosses per 6-7 months is disgustingly low.

More raids with more bosses with MORE VARIED mechanics leads to less balance issues, as the devs could finally show what they mean by "yeah classes are balanced, just the fights doesn't suit everyone equally". Go on Blizz devs, show us how creative you are and design 30+ bosses so every dps spec can shine!

Generally agree but man... Nighthold was a terrible example lol. It’s one of the most beautiful and varied raids in terms of environment, being set in probably the most beautiful WoW city ever. It’s defo one of my fav raids

Yeah I can't remember the last time we had a raid that took place entirely on a beach. There was like, Galakras close to a beach, and maybe the life room in Ulduar... like, what other beaches in raids have there been? Certanly no beach-themed raid yet...? It'd be nice.

That remind me of a nice thing that happened to me. The sun was shining into my monitor directly and the maw itself was so dark. Once I jumped into oblivion and lost 7k Stygia because it was so sunny outside and the Maw itself was so dark I couldn't distinguish the difference between the normal terrain and the mist.

...good thing that my body was placed on the level reachable by the ghost.

So yeah, I'd rather see more sunny places(doesn't matter if it's dungeon or raid) in the game.

I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing anything bright and cheery in SL. Korthia is another dark and edgy zone and I'm sure if there's one more zone or raid it will be edgy as well. 9.1 Sylvnanas raid is basically Torghast interiors: the raid and 9.2 raid I'm sure will be focusing on the Jailer so that's probably another dark and spiky fortress we'll raid.

Antorus' style was really great - started outside, went inside to battle up the Legion workshop, then to another planet for Eonar, then finally in Space fighting for the Pantheon.

Nathria is a very nice raid with fitting scenery. That said I would also like a brighter raid again. And a raid with more decor, not just empty halls, corridors and caves. Give me some plants, desks, chairs, mobs that actually do something other than standing around. But that will never come back outside of raids that take place in areas which also exist on the regular map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Antorus' style was really great - started outside, went inside to battle up the Legion workshop, then to another planet for Eonar, then finally in Space fighting for the Pantheon.
    but it was soo empty. And build as a raid, not as a building/castle/stronghold. You never felt like you were inside something that actually serves a purpose other than containing bosses, which drop loot.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nathria is a very nice raid with fitting scenery. That said I would also like a brighter raid again. And a raid with more decor, not just empty halls, corridors and caves. Give me some plants, desks, chairs, mobs that actually do something other than standing around. But that will never come back outside of raids that take place in areas which also exist on the regular map.

- - - Updated - - -

but it was soo empty. And build as a raid, not as a building/castle/stronghold. You never felt like you were inside something that actually serves a purpose other than containing bosses, which drop loot.
    100 agree, the feeling of something going on inside is an exciting feeling.. mostly raids just serve the purpose of bossroom and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    How was Nighthold dark and grim? Aside from the first few bosses almost the entire raid was in the sunny outdoors of Suramar. Eternal Palace was also pretty light compared to, say, Hellfire Citadel.

I mean, I don’t disagree with the premise - a lot of raid tiers take place in caves and castles and dark, grim locations. I wouldn’t mind a sunnier, perhaps more comedic, raid tier at some point soon. But some of the items in your list aren’t nearly as dark as you’re making them out to be.

Yeah OP, I completely agree tbh. WoW has like a fetish for dark, grimy, unpleasant areas.

Nighthold was the last raid I remember looking genuinely beautiful, and immediately before and immediately after is more gooey grimdark fel shit.

ToES was last sunny raid. Nighthold was dark, Antorus was dark cave, exept argus fight.
    DazarAlor was mostly inside or with stormy weather.
    Wish there will be more raids like ToES.

I'd really like to see a jungle or forest raid. Not a fucking troll raid, no, stop it already, no more random troll empire ruins, no, bad, shush. More Emerald Nightmare esque... but with even more jungle / forest and less giant ass open spaces with a couple trees around.

Less castles, less dungeons, less ruins, less cities, less storming the palace, it's getting kinda repetitive. When we're eventually (hopefully) facing the Drust, just give us a dense fucking thicket maze of trees where you can kill like 9 out of 10 bosses in any order instead of sending us off to the Drust palace where the Drust king neatly leads us from his Drust basement up to his Drust bedroom and it's really just a normal castle but this time around the walls are made out of vines and... Drust...